I fucking hate Lego-architecture

Can someone explain why residential architecture is so shit these days? For nearly 90 years they are building Lego-concrete shit. Why? Older buildings (pre 1920) sell for 50-100% more than this modern shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Corbusier
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>austria
>hating legos

how do you guys even know what legos are??? aren't you guise suppose to be poor and shieet

>aren't you guise suppose to be poor and shieet
You drunk, Burger? We are the richest country on a GDP per capita basis in all of the EU (considering Luxembourg is just some city state).

>tfw my neighborhood is half Colonial and half Victorian
clashes a bit but otherwise breddy comfy

Its easier to build. I prefer the old style but it's far more efficient and cheaper to build Lego buildings.

Residential Draftsman here.
Also worked as an assistant to civil engineers on housing developments.

The reason residential architecture looks like shit these days is two facts:

>1
Cost of building -vs- profit upon sale of building
Cheap shitty buildings that pass all the planning codes make more money for the property developer than slightly less shitty buildings\

>2
The planning department
In my country, planning is administered on federal, state and local level, but planning submissions are all at local level unless the project has been identified as being of "national significance".
In summary, buildings must tick all the boxes for the local government's planning department. Usually that is ensuring they won't be flooded or blow over in a cyclone (particularly relevant in Northern Australia). If you tick all the boxes, then that's it. Boo-ya, you've got an approved building development.

Because aesthetics are kind of a wishy-washy concept, they're hard to legislate, so we get all this fucking TRASH similar to in your OP pic.

>but it's far more efficient and cheaper to build Lego buildings.

Actually, it is not. The beautiful old style is only marginally more expensive to build today, but sells for a lot more. Which is why for the last years, in expensive cities, most new buildings have been built in a "pretend" old style in order to get higher prices.

two *factors, not facts, sorry I thought I'd proof read that.
My dog was nuzzling me, clearly he can see how much this topic upsets me.
God bless you my friend. More people should be talking about this topic, it's terrible that we are allowing these eyesores to be built.
Housing is supposed to be somewhere to live and grow, not a lifeless investment product.

That was just an assumption on my part desu. When I ever have enough money to build my own house I won't get a block like this.

it's ancient Babylonian architecture
it's all about entangling us with the hell that was babylon

i actually like the pic not counting the windows on the left side of the 2 left most buildings not being in line with the windows on the front

>Can someone explain why residential architecture is so shit these days?
Modernism and post modernism.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Corbusier

I seriously don't know why Jews push this Stalinist-Minecraft architecture, but I sadly see them everywhere too.

Modern architecture hasn't been something else. May it be Bauhaus or Brutalism or Postmodernism.

I seriously think they are doing this on purpose, in order to make the society more inhuman and cold.

And I can't believe how many misguided hipsters are religously defending this crap. They also love IKEA furniture which is build on the same design. I only buy IKEA because I can't afford better stuff as a student, but I'd never buy that crap willfully.

This beauty is in Toronto.

sure grampa

>I seriously think they are doing this on purpose, in order to make the society more inhuman and cold.
The second reason is: Globalization. Destroy any significant cultural trade of your own country and create a standardized, cold global culture.

Notice that communists in Russia, Romania and China has destroyed the majority of their own architecture and replaced it with this shit. I'm sure, this was done to achieve this goal too.

>I seriously think they are doing this on purpose, in order to make the society more inhuman and cold.

Agreed. Plus, it is a lot less problematic to get all the paperwork done if a house is just a concrete Lego block.

I hate them for destroying our culture and our cities. May architects hang first.

I don't see anything wrong with those "Lego" or Bauhaus architecture. Believe it or not, those buildings are more efficient and cheaper. Not only building them, but also in saving energy, renovating, functionality, etc.
Also in general you can't go wrong with white, clean and simple structures. It's timeless. The less design, the better.

>I don't see anything wrong with those "Lego" or Bauhaus architecture.

Here you see a poster which has been cucked by the modernist, cold, concrete elites who want to control us all 1984 style.

Lego-block architecture was created to mind control us. You are one of the victims.

looks like something out of kerbal space program

everything with a 'modern' prefix is pretty much shit

All universities treat Le Corbusier like a demi God and the students want to pass the grades you know?

Frank LLoyd Wright works had nothing to do with the ones we talk about, they had details and forms.
Most of his works would be seen as kitch today unfortunately.

Why buy a house when you can buy one of these?

>All universities treat Le Corbusier like a demi God and the students want to pass the grades you know?
How dare you criticize the grand master.

Because why bother when you can get the job done cheaper and have people be just as content? Most people don't give a shit about architecture, there's more to life.

I see Toronto doesn't get many quakes.

Good to know that my piece of shit commieblock is actually an architectural wonder.

Mentally ill architects, corrupt construction companies that don't care if it falls apart and kills people xx-years from now, and spoiled-as-children hipster "adults" with too much fucking money for their own good (or the good of the people around them) and not enough basic sense to realise they're being fucking scammed

>Because why bother when you can get the job done cheaper and have people be just as content? Most people don't give a shit about architecture, there's more to life.
This architecture is usually purchased by rich yuppies who use it as a status symbol.

Plus the economical argument is bullshit.

Le Corbusier... or the grandmaster of terrorist breeding buildings.

Has there ever been a terrorist growing up in a fin-de-ciecle building? Nope. They all grew up in Lego-block Corbusier shit.

Its not just "lego" architecture, its modern architecture as a whole that has degenerated beyond belief.

I always like this poster advertising different architecture in Copenhagen. You can clearly see how horrible and sad modern architecture is.

>Lego-block architecture was created to mind control us.
And you are an autist.

Those buildings are built because people want them. No one would buy your old traditional shit house if they could get an Bauhaus house for less money. And construction companies often don't have the money to build traditional houses as well.

I agree user.

Id rather a renovated 100 year old villa then the shit they are mass producing these days.

>Those buildings are built because people want them
People do not want anything user, people want what others serve them.

We need to revive our culture and make that the hip thing and from one day to the other people will be shitting on Bauhaus and all other modern architecture and crying for traditional houses.

Burger BTFO

Because not everyone wants to build everything so as to confort and comfort your autism.

The real, real reson is that these things are made because someone someplace wants them, that simple.

Myself having lived among both kinds of architecture I'd describe it a such.

The cute houses you like to see and photograph in trips, are cute but if you live your entire life in them can get boring. And the more ornamental the architecture the more boring it gets.

This apple-sque things on the other hand by literally being pure space are much harder to get bored of when it comes to actually living inside. I would describe the difference as looking at a wall with a fancy tapestry every day vs a white wall. Sure one is "fancier" but you get sick or it. While the blank one is blank. Just hang a planer on it and suddenly isnt even blank.

The only other thing I'd note is that there is shitty lego architecture and good lego architecture.

Fallingwater for example or Tadao Ando's stuff belong to the good one, while there is a lot of stuff which is done by an intern desperate to "be minimalist too" but in reality they just throw some rectangles randomly in sketchup together and then try to psych the client that they dont get it.

Builder here. tldr

Lego garbage is cheaper. Run rooms to specific sizes of lining materials etc, minimal wastage/cutting.

Lego garbage is quicker. Straight edges/no curves/ovals/obtuse angles are quicker and simpler to erect/fenestrate/paint/decorate or otherwise finish.

Why is this the dominant form of contemporary residential architecture?

Building codes. Building regulation. Building "standards", dictate everything that gets built, how it gets built, how long it can be, how high it can be, what colour the roof can be you name it.

Your old school Georgian/Victorian/Italian/Spanish etc were built in a time of zero building regulation. There were no standards, no codes, no rules. Look at the difference.

Farcical leftist belief in regulation is what killed architecture.

guess who is behind anything non-aesthetic garbage structure

>The only other thing I'd note is that there is shitty lego architecture and good lego architecture.

People like you should be publicly hanged. I am not even kidding. You are the reason we have terrorists growing up in terrorist-making Lego-blocks.

Commieblock concrete, cold Lego-architecture is awful, no exceptions.

LE DEGENERECY

as long as they take care of the old historical buildings and leave them untouched who cares

crazy and weird architecture is interesting. much more interesting than a boring grey bloc landscape.

>Those buildings are built because people want them.
Only those who are mind controlled want them. Talk to a person living in one of those Lego blocks, he is either a poor illegal immigrant who can't afford anything else... or a cucked lefty-green party shill idiot.

You fuck off to Sup Forums faggot

>visiting parents for the weekend
>slept overnight in a nice 4000 sq ft antebellum house
>coffee brewing

It's mighty comfy right now, much better than my 1960s apartment building in the city.

>Your old school Georgian/Victorian/Italian/Spanish etc were built in a time of zero building regulation. There were no standards, no codes, no rules. Look at the difference.
And yet those old buildings still survive... while 1960s and 1970s shit Lego-architecture is crumbling.

People who want to control others should be hanged.

You want fancy houses with gargoyls in the corners, pay it smuck.

And if I want my evil globalist spaceship villa I can have it too.

You are essentially behaving like a Muslim. A person who cant stand other persons being hally and wants to put them all "in order" cuz blah blah degeneracy.

(In reality autism)