Toonami Ratings for 6/4/16

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. A sneak peak will be shown at the Annecy Festival in June.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Ok, quite a few changes to note this week. First off, last week was a marathon, and the ratings were pretty shitty. This week, Toonami is back to normal, but 30 minutes earlier, with a new show and a new pregame schedule. So let's take it one piece at a time. First, the earlier schedule appears to have changed little, with the block pulling ratings it usually does. And despite being something people demanded for 4 years, IBO is performing the same as Dimension W did 30 minutes later. Parasyte actually did notably worse than normal. It's only the first week of the change, but I gotta say it's still a pretty disappointing performance.

11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai 1316 0.59 750
12:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 1050 0.58 587
12:30a Hunter X Hunter 1037 0.43 549
1:00a Samurai Champloo 874 0.3 460

1:30a Naruto: Shippuden 802 0.34 426
2:00a One Piece 729 0.31 393
2:30a Parasyte: The Maxim (r) 606 0.27 339

I hope no one was too attached to ATHF because it will be gone in a week or two at this rate

8:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 0.32 558 0.18
8:30 Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 0.28 473 0.17
8:45 Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 0.26 439 0.17
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.37 625 0.25
9:30 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.52 831 0.34

10:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.82 1316 0.55
10:30 American Dad (r) 0.91 1412 0.60
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1732 0.76

Everything after ATHF blew out Parasyte

3:00a Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 573 0.24
3:15a Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 587 0.25
3:30a Rick & Morty (r) 646 0.28
4:00a The Cleveland Show (r) 670 0.31

4:30a American Dad (r) 699 0.32
5:00a King of the Hill (r) 703 0.29
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 659 0.27

Best first

>O-one Piece isn't c-cancer it j-just needs to be on earlier a-and it will do lots b-better

ONE PIECE FAGS OFFICALLY BTFO

YOUR WORLD RECORD CANT BAIL YOU OUT HERE

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT ONE PIECE IS LITERALLY THE BEST SELLING COMIC BOOK OF ALL TIME

You may be first, but your best is wrong.

Find a flaw in this pirate.

called it not getting out of S1

Exactly 1 year ago today.

D'oh...

Holy fuck what a disaster
>30 minutes earlier
>ratings are noticeably worse
>ATHF and R&M both pregame ratings cancer

Just goes to show Toonami literally needs multiple hours of Seth shows leading up to pull in acceptable ratings. Gonna be a lot of sweat from Demarco and AS. My bets are
>ATHF scrapped starting next Saturday
>R&M out by July
>Toonami back to old time by July
>Cleave or AD moved back into the pregame

Just goes to show that there is no expanding the Toonami viewerbase. It's a small dedicated group that will follow it wherever it goes. The people they want to grab either stream or are fed up with the mediocre, long shonen filled lineup.

So what demographic is Toonami supposed to be targeting with its lineup? This late in the game anyone who gives a shit about anime is going to get theirs from CR, Funi, or just torrents. Even nostalgiafags have reason to watch while Toonami Aftermath exists. Back in the late 90s and even into the mid 00's they were bringing things to the West that never would have seen the light of day otherwise, but I can't really figure out what purpose the block is supposed to serve now.

>actually discussing 'demographics' and ratings

Do you fucks work for the network or something?

Their demographic is people who want to see anime on TV. It worked for awhile, but the stagnating schedule, and low quality short pickups are causing that already niche demographic to leave.

My dad's son's brother doesn't.

No, it's just something to complain about every week.

I anticipated Demarco getting complacent with the above average ratings Toonami was bringing and refusing to believe what a big contributor Family Guy was to them. Now he is gonna have to face the facts he wrote off in April about the schedule being shit with 4 long runners. People don't HAVE to tune in to Toonami anymore with millions of free streams for shows that don't suck.

Oh well, declining ratings are the only thing he listens to.

>tfw it's also been a year since Cuckura

I'd post an image but I'm on mobile right now

Can't you complain about what's happening on the anime instead?

Like how Killua is a little bitch, how Cell drinks dudes, or the spooky wise cracking zombies? Are we actually allowed to talk about that or do the mods get mad?

Did all that Saturday when it was live lad.

honestly ratings are just a cover to have a Toonami thread during the week. After 50 or so posts no one talks about ratings anymore. It's only a talking point this week because of the big schedule shift

Can't be done. Nico Robin has no flaws.

>that height
>that body
>that intelligence
>that delicious 130 million bounty

I'd never turn her in though. I'm not strong enough to overpower a pirate worth 130 million. I'd love for her to overpower me

>honestly ratings are just a cover to have a Toonami thread during the week

Then lets talk about Toonami. Actual Toonami.

Hunter x Hunter is pretty okay. I've never seen it before now. I could see myself getting into it if I saw it back in the day when I first got into Naruto and One Piece.

Thats as bad as Home Movies lmao

Waist too thin, tits too big, neck too long. 3/10 would not recruit.

>nobody wanted to see Aqua Teen edited to TV-PG standards
What a surprise

I only watch HxH for the homosexual clown

Post more clown

Are you a pedophile or something?

>Kill La Kill
>Hunter x Hunter

Toonami now needs to air Seven Deadly Sins and the new Sailor Moon so we can solidify Queen Erica's dominion over all Saturday night anime blocks.

I watch Toonami for TOM, the music, the atmosphere, and admittedly the crowd viewing feel with Toonami General. You can't get any of that with streaming services like Netflix or Crunchyroll. It'd be nice if these threads actually contained positive discussion and not just gloom and doom all the time.

>Post more clown

>
>I watch Toonami for the crowd viewing feel with Toonami General.

So basically you're a loser with no friends?

Aren't we all?

Don't know about those guys but yeah,that sounds like me.

No.

>not being a loser with no friends
Why are you even here?

Because I've never seen Hunter x Hunter or Iron Blooded Orphans. I'm always down to watch Dragonball and I like the One Piece dub.

I mean posting in Toonami General isn't all that different from what you see on social media with people live-tweeting their reactions to stuff happening on RAW or GoT or something.

S1 Aqua Teen is really tame

I remember a few years ago, I don't know who but someone in a thread said "It's always someone's first time" regarding spoilers and watching older shows and such. I'm happy I got exposed to so many new things through NuToonami, and. I hope it continues to be a source of stuff people can discover for a while longer.

Aqua Teen will always be special to me.

It's one of the few shows I can get my whole family to sit down and watch together that legit cracks us all up.

What did you see for the first time?

Casshern Sins, Samurai 7, Eureka 7, Symbionic Titan, Soul Eater, IGPX, Space Dandy, Michiko and Hatchin, SAO, SAOII, DBZ Kai, HunterxHunter, Dimension W, Iron Blooded Orphans.

I definitely forgot a few shows but you get the idea. We need a Toonami broadcast timeline just to keep track of what aired when.

>Samurai 7

Why did I completely forget this was on Toonami?

>HunterxHunter

Give thanks your Anime Queen, Erica Mendez

And doing as shitty as always.

Why do you keep posting that pic when it's factually incorrect?

Do you just like patting yourself on the back for posting a screencap of a post you made?

>singling out One Piece when Gundam was clearly the problem and dragged down the rest of the block

> Why did I forget about this show?

To be fair, it was four years ago.

The same can go for this post

Maybe they should've done more advertising about the timeslot change outside of a fucking Facebook post. The Champloo marathon should've been bombarded the fuck out of with lineup change promos.

>Blaming Gundam when OP always had a bad performance before it even came to the block.
Lol

samefag

You gonna screencap this too?

>samefag
What was your first clue? What does that have to do with my posts?

You openly admit to being wrong and retarded at the same time. Why should anyone care what you post from now on?

So One Piece getting its normal range of ratings at 2:30am is the reason the rest of the block underperformed? Are you kidding?

Well, you're already a head of everyone.

No, he's just stupid.

Aqua Teen wasn't edited at all. 2001 TV-MA is the equivalent of 2016 TV-PG.

No, you're blaming Gundam for One Piece's shit ratings when it always had shit ratings.

Just pointing out the facts, man. If that makes me "stupid" then so be it.

There's a lot of things that make you stupid. Facts being one of them, particularly that you always ignore them.

Please, return to Sup Forums and fucking stay there. You're probably the Kill la Kill spammer too.

So how long does the block have now? The lack of Seth shows have obviously shortened it's lifespan.

>Strawmans
>Generalizations
>Sup Forums for some reason.
Nice reply. You really proved your point.

Fuck off

>if I just greentext, it'll make it seem like I'm right but super casual about it

Gundamfags don't scream and pout weekly that their shitty show would do better if it was earlier. OP is earlier now and doing just as shitty, stop blaming others for your shows shit reception

>Saying that by greentexting.

>Gundamfags don't scream and pout weekly that their shitty show would do better if it was earlier
Because this past week was literally the first episode. Give them time.

who are you quoting?

>replying by green texting

Doesn't matter, the facts are One Piece is now on earlier and is actually doing WORSE than it usually does.

If One Piece had a whole marathon on the whole Adult Swim lineup itself and did poorly as always they would blame the Cartoon Network shows.

Goddamn, you are determined to make an ass out of yourself every single week. Welcome to the list of shit killing /tg/

>Demarco meme maker
>klk spammer
>Slayers WHEN?
>OPFAGS BTFO guy

Like DeMarco said, 2:30 was the best slot for One Piece.

People like you are also killing /tg/. All you do is whine and bitch like everyone else.

>you're killing /tg/
>oh yeah!? well, y-you're doing it too!

Are you a Trump supporter or something?

I gotcha. Is this what you are talking about?

when can i smile again

Are you a Bernout?

Of course, TG is a pro MAGA general

No, it's not.

Look, it doesn't matter at the end of the day. The block is still doing poorly.

Expect lots of poorly thought out fast changes to the AS part of the schedule

WHERE IS THE NEW SIMULATOR VIDEO?!?!

Yes it is. Your shit candidate is a few hours away from losing the nomination

This week, to be honest. One bright spot in these ratings is that HxH almost entirely retained the audience from Gundam before it. Not saying this'll happen every week, but it's something.

Expect two episodes of Mr. Pickles to lead into the block.

No, it's not.

Hey, remember that Toonami App they wasted a bunch of money making? It got pulled permanently off the store and isn't getting anymore updates

Thanks for that good investment Demarco

What was the App for again? I forgot.

Apparently they did too since I don't recall it having any noteworthy functions

Slayers WHEN?

The only person that app seemed to work for was Char, who kept bragging by posting all the Toonami merch he won from it on twitter. So fuck it.

never
ever

Fucking lame

It was just a promotional clock for Intruder 2 right? I really don't think they had any long-term plans for it. You could ask DeMarco about it if you want.

Nope, it even updated graphically after they moved to the planet

at least we can still enjoy Naga

No. If it's not on Toonami, it doesn't matter.

but user.
the ohoho

It's a real fucking shame too. Hell the movies practically don't exist.