Rick and Morty

Season 2 came out on DVD today. Did anyone get it? Are the commentaries just Dan and Justin pretending this season didn't suck?

i'd buy it if the cover art didn't suck

>lol season 2 was bad!
Nice meme. It was better then season.

it had just as many good episodes idk why people hate it so much.

I binged these fairly recently and didn't see much of a difference in season one quality vs season two

It's a Sup Forums meme. Season 2 was rad

>It was better then season.
What did he mean by this?

Has anyone read the comic ? is it any good ?

I've flicked through it and it seems to capture the show's energy and humor. I have a lot of comics to read but I'd welcome a storytime.

>Get Schwifty
>Little Rick
>Interdimensional Cable 2: Electric Boogaloo

Those are all complete trash episodes that were worse than anything in season 1 by a large margin.

I liked Tiny Rick, but yeah those other two were mostly garbage outside of a few gags.

People hated Season 2??? What??? Its pretty great, the only episode I didn't like was Inter dimensional Cable 2, other than that, it was great

>didn't like Get Schwifty
Nigga, what the fuck is wrong with you?

I disagree, Get Schwifty and Tiny Rick were awesome

user, shut up and show us what you got

>it's an adult swim shills are out in full force thread

right?

this guy made the whole ep for me. every time he said get swifty.

gold.

I just finished them myself, they're honestly not that indistinguishable from season one's quality. The only episode I didn't really like was Interdimensional Cable 2: Electric Boogaloo.

>its a doesn't have Sup Forums reaction images shitposter

Agreed.

Hell, the only reason Interdimensional Cable 2: Electric Boogaloo isn't good is because we by nature compare it to Interdimensional Cable, which in addition to being pure fucking gold improv comedy included the single best monologue in the whole first season.

Interdimensional Cable 2: Electric Boogaloo was just decent improv comedy, it cannot compare.

agreed except i liked the marriage counseling b-plot in tiny rick.

ha!
>get schwifty was the jam.

The only bad episode was Interdementional Cable 2,the rest were great.

Yeah pretty much. The other plot of Jerry being reluctant to give up his penis was hardly entertaining and much less interesting than the story of the first one.

I feel like im the only one that didnt like the look who's purging now

Nah. I thought it was underwhelming as well.

>season 2 sucked
What kind of low-grade meme is this?

Did anyone get it tho? Is Rick's dick uncensored?? I need to know

>season 2
>suck
Aw jeez, I dunno OP. I mean, I thought it was pretty good.

should i splurge for bluray or just get the dvd set?

>Interdimensional Cable 2: Electric Boogaloo was just decent improv comedy, it cannot compare.
It was pretty bad, man.

The average S2 episode was on the level of the average S1 episode, it just had fewer standout greats and a single stinker in Improv 2.

I mean, the only really shit episode was Interdimensional Cable 2 and even then before the episode came out Justin himself warned everyone that it was going to be shit.

I think the reason some people are disappointied with Season 2 is that it didn't have as much surprises as before. When the show first came out everyone thought it was going to be a silly comedy show with dark humor but then shit like Morty almost getting raped or the ending of Rick Potion #9 happened and nobody saw that shit coming from a show like this. Now we know what to expect and the surprises aren't as big.

Sure Rick getting arrested or him attempting suicide got people surprised but when was the last time people lost their shit as hard as when Rick and Morty abandoned their universe in episode 6 or evil Morty being revealed?

If they have the same content like dev commentary and extra features and all that whichever's cheapest would be fine. It's not like with this art style you can take advantage of high visual fidelity anyway.

And Get Shwifty.

People seem to forget that the season 2 hated started with that episode and its been a running meme that the whole season was trash because of it.

Other than Cable 2 being shit, which is justified.

>Rickle in Time
Enjoyable, innocent start to the season

>Mortynight run
""Classic"" Rick and Morty. Great use of harping on Jerry's insecurities and Morty's moral compass. Perfect balance of things to be taken seriously and things not to be taken seriously

>AutoErotic Assimilation
A little disjointed, could've cut the generic Beth/Jerry stuff and just made summer and Morty be the B plot. Rick attempting suicide feels terribly out of place, but it works well enough

>Total Rickall
Hated this. The first scene should have been the end of the story but instead it's the same goddamn joke over and over again. Also, Jerry thinks he's GAY, LOL!

>Get Shwifty
Fine episode. The dramatic stuff with Morty running away felt incredibly forced, and also didn't show anything about his character we didn't already know. Pretty average episode.

>Tiny Rick

First episode to really hammer in the fact that Ricks character is now regressing from a bored God to someone who has absolutely no control over his life for next to no discernible reason. Summer putting her high school social status to shit just to protect Rick was good. The greatest marriage counselor alive, with a ONE. HUNDRED. PERCENT. SUCESS RATE. BEING ABLE TO DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO THE MARRAIGE OF TWO RANDOM SHMUCKS, was not

>Whatever the microverse episode was called

Fine episode. Both plots felt repetitive, A continuously going through microverses and B with seemingly one joke (keep summer safe). Still funny and well paced. Fight scene was great, too.

>Interdimensional cable

L O L
O
L

>Purge episode

Probably the worse this show will ever get, somehow worse than the last episode. Awful characterization and lazy writing. Just a miserable watch

>Finale
Surprisingly pretty great, definitely the best of the season. Did not expect the tonal shift halfway through at all, although they will almost definitely fuck it up in the next episode. But they know that

/blogpost

I just wish that they'd either do something with Jerry or just have Beth divorce him. I kinda got tired of them constantly shitting on him, even if he does sometimes deserve it. Other than that, my only complaints from season 2 is the obvious Interdimensional Cable 2 ep.

>pretending

The season is amazing. You're crazy. And yeah I picked it up today. Pic related fucked me up all over again.

It's only been 2 seasons broseph, with shit tons of character development. I'm sure Jerry will change. They'll all grow.

Mortynight Run is probably my favorite episode. Overall I don't really feel like there was much difference in quality between the two seasons, they both had their hits and misses

Tiny Rick and Look Who's Ricking Now are complete non-entities in my brain. I cannot remember a single thing about those episodes, they were so forgettable

>Tiny Rick

You mean Rick smashing his clones to bloody bits while naked wasn't memorable?

Was it ever mentioned how many seasons are planned? The game, even if there's not much to it, make me hopeful that they're not close to being done, but I've been burned by Hirsch.

So many cool frames.