What are some movies that you always watched in school, Sup Forums?

What are some movies that you always watched in school, Sup Forums?

When our class had a movie day in middle school the teacher would always have us watch Shrek or Finding Nemo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZQl6XBo64M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In Geography it was always Ice Age

The Lion King

Every fucking time

Mike Myers voiced the princess?

Yes, and Cameron Diaz voiced Donkey. How did you not notice it? She nailed the role of Donkey very well.

Shawshank Redemption. Go ahead and give it a try, OP.

I remember watching Emperor's New Groove one time. Even got to watch the bloopers at the end. Shit was dope

We never got to watch animated stuff in school, it would probably have taken away from the number of times we could have re-watched Die Welle.

The climax was pretty shitty

ice age

multiple teachers too, watched it twice in one day once

Dodgeball.

I had block scheduling and watched it THREE TIMES in one day. Start to finish.

I'm old.

This, The Land Before Time and The Little Mermaid. Also, Bill & Ted.

>I'm old.

Often, Finding Nemo, Ice Age, or Osmosis Jones.

I had 2 classes at the same time showing Osmosis Jones because they put me in the somewhat same classes that semester and they were both scheduled to air it. One started a day later so I already knew a lot before it happened.

>those classes that make you answer questions during the movie
>it's not a education video questionnaire but a "did shrek kick donkies ass for sleeping with fionne" questionnaire

Our shop teacher had exactly one videotape:

October Sky.

Must have seen the beginning hour of that about thirty times.

In band we'd usually watch Rabbit of Seville.

>crisis on infinite sunday morning cartoons

In high school it was always Over the Hedge. I think I've seen the ending once and the beginning eight times.

my French teacher used to always play Aladdin with French audio

>the pilot for Pooh Adventures

Nightmare before Christmas. All the fucking time. Even without Hot Topic I'd fucking hate it. Anytime around summer or Halloween, sometimes I'd have to watch it multiple times a day because multiple classes would play it.

The first avengers for me

>tfw there was something seriously wrong with your school in grade 3 so you got a movie every day
>Balto
>Anastasia
>Oliver and Company
>Hercules
>Hunchback of Notre Dame
>We're back
>Bambi
etc etc
That was also the school I got to create a little friends group based on similar names.

FINDING NEMO

EVERY
SINGLE
TIME

Not a movie, but we watched a lot of School House Rock.

Funny enough I thought Shrek was absolutely garbage movie

The jokes were good, but I didn't like any of it, and thought it was wasted potential.....

Until Shrek 2 came along, now THAT was a good fucking movie, it took the fairy tale world concept and ran with it the whole way

I religiously watch it every year Atleast twice

are you a retarded female

For some reason back in high school they would play a SHIT ton of Lion King, I saw Lion King sooo much I got sick of it in HS. Back in middle school they would play Land Before Time and BFG (Big Friendly Giant) and The Last Unicorn, and some other really old movies like the Dark Crystal, and the old animated Lord of the Rings movies.

watership down

Every single fucking time, in highschool, it was Sandlot. The class picked Sandlot over GILBERT THE FUCKING GRAPE. Fucking hated that school, everyone acted like they were 10.

huh?

I remember having to watch Cars and Finding Nemo a lot growing up.

>movie day
I assume this is an American thing.

did you mean What's Eating Gilbert Grape? That movie was just sad, why the fuck would you want to watch that in school?

I never watched movies in school.
My band teacher would often put on some early simpsons episodes if we finished practice early though. And we watched an episode of invader zim once in 8th grade.

No, I'm American and we never did it.
They might be talking about the few times if you finished an exam early the teacher might put one on.

Or if you read something like charlotte's web the teacher would use it as an excuse to throw on the movie and have an off day.

I never watched the original Beauty and The Beast

We only ever had the Christmas Movie with that fucking Organ, mother fucker was scary, fucking ape shit when he starts shaking his fucking body to destroy the fucking place and fall down with his fucking CGI face

Back around 3rd grade or so I was in a school that constantly played Freddie the Frog of all things. Never understood what was happening, so I picked it up the other day when I saw it at Goodwill. Wasn't just me being a stupid kid, that movie makes no fucking sense.

Moved to a different school a few months later, their aftercare usually had Finding Nemo as their go to.

This didn't happen often but I had a teacher in high school who would play us episodes of stuff like Buffy and Firefly every once in a while. We even spent a few days listening to Dark Side of the Moon in his class. Loved that class, great way to end Senior year.

Forte was an interesting Villain

He wasnt really bad for the sake of it

He just wanted what everybody else in the castle wanted, to turn back, but he was a little bitter about being ignored that he wanted Beasts attention to be noticed

This, over and over again, all we watched were these fucking mcdonalds animated movies. It's pretty fucked up that our teacher would brainwash kids with these fast food advertisements. It goes without saying that I'm a burger.

That looks like a high LSD view of Rugrats all Grown up

I remember the time at the end of the School Year when for three days the whole class watched the original trilogy of Star Wars

Also mentions to Toy Story, Aladdin, Lion King and Antz

Whoops wrong thread

Sorry

Depends on the class. Kids in music always chose the Sandlot, Science was Ice Age or episodes of The Simpsons, and English was usually was some Disney princess movie. My favourite was outdoor education; we always watched G.N.A.R. even though the teacher wasn't supposed to let us see it.

Were does done by the same people that did Rugrats?

My 3rd grade teacher would occasionally allow us to watch movies if we behaved and had straight As, so I got to see The Last Unicorn 3 times because it was her favorite movie.

I saw Watership Down and all of the Peanuts cartoons over the course of a week because my 10th grade English teacher forgot to give us assignments

My 11th grade English teacher had us watch Elf at least 8 times over the course of a year because she was obsessed with the movie and because our class was sort of ahead of everyone else's, leaving us with days with nothing to do

>we watched an episode of invader zim
holy shit which one
who was the kid that brought that to class

>teachers brainwashing kids
who told you

Klasky Csupo

>>teachers brainwashing kids
thats my fetish

Fucking October Sky every other week. Teachers passed that tape around like a cheap whore.

what are literally all these movies but ice age and finding nemo

Finding Nemo oh god we watched that so many fucking times I started to hate it

In Australia often towards the end of the semester in primary school there was nothing to do sometimes and the teacher just put a video on.

Back at the academy, they'd show The Dark Knight Rises on a monthly basis

In elementary school, teachers would always play Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer each December. I think every classroom was equipped with a VHS copy of it.

Were there big guys watching it for you?

>tfw Schoolhouse Rock still gets stuck in your head
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZQl6XBo64M

BRAIN
WASHING

REMEMBER THE TITANS
So many goddamn times.

Road to El Dorado.

It took me until middle school (the 6th or 7th viewing) to realize that there was a threesome in it.

Shrek
Forrest Gump
Armageddon
Transformers 2

Towards the end of high school, I managed to convince teachers to let me show Pacific Rim (twice) and Scott Pilgrim.

Ice age 1 and 2, senior year the 3rd one. That teacher said he'd also be showing 4, 5, 6 whatever come after, he loved it

I remember one of my teachers being a scaremonger who'd make us watch things like The Day After Tomorrow, The Day After, and Hotel Rwanda.

I regret never getting the chance to suggest When the Wind Blows to him.

2 > 1 = 4 > 3

Your education system is fucked up, America. School is like kindergarten for you.

you're killing me, smalls

Shrek and Madagarscar ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Wizard of Oz, I forget how many times but every school has a copy of it somewhere. I also saw part of Anastasia in 5th grade when my school was doing end-of-year stuff, and I bantzed about Kangaroo Jack with my 9th grade science teacher.

>watching that in AP Psych
>milf tries to blow Depp
>so THAT's what's eating Gilbert Grape!

The only saving grace of that class (and APUSH, same teacher) was that she was pretty big on showing movies in retrospect, even if she had a perpetual migraine and taught the tongue taste zone thing as fact. She also gave extra credit for doing Zumba one time.

It was always Forrest Gump. Always.

>6th grade, taking "character ed"
>teacher is an oldish guy in his 50's or 60's
>class concept was dumb, but teacher was a bro, ultimately it was chill-out time which I needed in 6th grade fuck
>showed us a bunch of Andy Griffith episodes and taught me how to play blackjack

Shit was cash, even though I clearly failed it because I'm on Sup Forums.

>watching The Simpsons in school

I've seen a few things get through in school videos, but I don't buy this.

Shrek 2 is good, fuck off with your ironic memeposting

I first saw that in senior drama class, my favorite movie shown in it.

We watched a pirated Madagascar 2 when the film was just out in cinemas and kept joking about reporting our teacher to the police
He got very mad and wouldn't let us watch the whole thing
He got mad very easily.
We were watching The Simpsons Movie when that was out on DVD and because people kept talking he wouldnt let us watch the rest of it.
The one films we ever sat through the entirety of with him were sex ed films.

In Geography it was always Twister.
In Science it was Toy Story 3 and Iron Man 2.

Britain here. If it was a year where we didn't have exams in the last lesson of each school year we'd usually watch a movie or do some fun shit. Same for Christmas.

Shit I remember when we watched Deep Impact in Science class in year 8. Shit was tight.

Not a Sup Forums film, but High School Musical.

For about a year, every time we had a 'fun' day the girls in my class all banded together and voted en masse for High School Musical.

And that's how I learned about voting blocs.

Lol your teacher sounds like a cunt

Science? Sounds like that dude was a fucking joke. Toy Story. There are a billion movies to pick if he just wanted a day off. Fucking Gremlins at least, there is some science in there sure. Gremlins two.....all the science. Ghostbusters. Just science all over that shit. At least if a supervisor peers in he can say SOMETHING about science.

From first to 5th grade they made us watch this shit every single year

This movie came out on DVD at the tail end of my senior year, just in time for that monthlong period from early May to early June where every one of your teachers simultaneously declared "you guys are fukn done, movie time"
I think at one point I was watching Despicable Me in 3 classes at the same time

Only once in 5th grade, but fuck I remember that.

I have no idea why but constantly thru grade school I watched both Rikki Tikki Tavi and Peter and The Wolf like multiple times every year

Those feels man, those feels...

>Simon actually says "marijuana"
This killed my class every time.
Every single time.

underrated post

For some fucking reaaon my 8th grade science teacher ALWAYS showed The Little Rascals

Isnt that an Anti-Drug cartoon?

I had a teacher who would always put in either The Sandlot or sports blooper tapes when he didn't feel like doing anything that day.

Also, the first time I saw Finding Nemo was in Spanish class. I didn't watch it english until years later.

I'm stealing this an using it as a filename.

Same

I think we watched October Sky in every science class I ever had. I still fucking love that movie.

IIRC we rarely had movie days and I can't remember watching the same movie twice in school. I remember watching Goonies in sixth grade (yeah I am old) and we watched My Fair Lady in English class in high school.

Finding Nemo.
>Teachers got copies of it and I watched it once or twice in elementary school
>Get to middle school and we watch it
>Go on field trip to Washington DC in last year of middle school, some people bring R-Rated movies to watch on bus- not everyone signed permission slips to watch R-Rated movies-, it's okay! The teacher brought Finding Nemo
>Get into high school, Biology teacher shows us Finding Nemo because fish
>Get job working at local Summer Camp, kids want to watch Finding Nemo when there's storms and we can't go otuside
>Take an art class, teacher shows Finding Nemo because of the animation techniques
>Senior year take an Oceanography class, teacher shows Finding Nemo- I'm a fucking moron for walking right into that one
Thank Christ nobody in college showed it so I got three years of freedom from it. It was on TV a month or two ago and I watched it.

looks like they were all in this together

Space Jam. Every fucking day after lunch we'd go to the auditorium and watch Space Jam.

To this day, I still get into the same conversation every time I mention my hatred of Space Jam. "But user, aren't Looney Tunes your favorite cartoon?" "Yes. That's why I hate Space Jam."

>"But user, aren't Looney Tunes your favorite cartoon?" "Yes. That's why I hate Space Jam."

Oh, I get that one all the time.

This is a list of movies my memory I have seen in school
Rugrats Movie
Amistad (assignment film)
Glory (assignment film)
Wild Wild West
Lord of the Rings
Remember the Titans
Hardball (this was a good film)
Drumline (shit sucked)
The Tuxedo
Blow
Nightmare Before Christmas

I'm sure there were more but I can only remember back from middle school and so on. I can't remember if there were any Disney movies I saw because they were something I would always see at home.