>sane political climate for the first time in decades
>growing IT sector
>economic liberalization

Argentina is on a path towards success

Other urls found in this thread:

usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Arent they in a recession?

Nope. But we need to wait. I don't trust in Argentinian people. They can vote for peronists again. I hope they don't fo this again.

Peronists aren't the problem. Kirchnerism is.

Peronism is the cancer of Argentina in any of it's shapes, we don't have to vote peronists again if we want to stop being a shitty country

Recessions are a result of nonviable businesses being culled and are a natural part of the business cycle. The fact that they're allowing a recession to progress mostly naturally is a good sign.

Argentina and Brazil will go to shit in the next 10 years, Brazil approved or is going to approve China-tier working laws that will destabilize the region and Argentina wants to do the same Seriously they're joke countries that come up with the most retarded shit the world has ever seen, try living around these parts once you'll learn the retarded shit they do every single year there's a reason chileans stay far away from them.

Argentina is better than Brazil but to be honest being better than a banana republic is not really a huge accomplishment

Is neoliberalism good?

>tfw South America will never be rich and developed during your life time
JUST-

This, peronism ended when perón die

nopensions just like us

It's irrelevant. The point is to have a coherent strategy and approach it in realistic terms. Neoliberalism is great if you're a country without a ton of resources who wants to nake it in a free trade world. But you can't really go wrong with protectionism as long as you build your economic system properly.

The US is one of the richest countries in the world while simultaneously being one of the least integrated economically (only like 9% of GDP comes from exports and most of that is within NAFTA/CAFTA). It works because it plays mostly by the rules it sets and takes stability seriously.

>Brazil approved or is going to approve China-tier working laws that will destabilize the region

Explain this shit

Brazil is already one of the most overcredited economies in the world because production is expensive due to geography. That means you can't make workers more productive through investment into technology (since there's no longer capital available to invest). The solution then, if you're a crazy South American politician, is to advocate for longer working hours in hopes that it'll increase the productivity of your labor force.

Probably not going to work but what can you do.

Lets see if they dont fuck it up again.

If they will approve American-tier working laws, all companies will leave Latin American countries and will join Brazil.

Not necessarily true my Chilean friend. We can volunteer ourselves to be cryogenically frozen in first world nations. Then in 300 years or so we can move back to /LAT/. We'll probably be second world by then.

+19 pesos (1 dollar) has been added to your account

t. Peter "muh rivers" Zeihan

Argentina's economy overheats almost every decade. Those fools don't know how to run a country.

You are assuming draconian working laws will give positive results. Most probably it will just create unrest without changing the economy

Stones in glass houses m8

Not necessarily. Brazil is relatively-expensive from a production standpoint because transportation is both expensive and unreliable (most agricultural products are trucked up mountainsides rather than shipped by train or water), and the government's monetary policy mostly boils down to, "aggressively temper growth to prevent runaway inflation"

Brazil isn't a destitute shithole like some other countries on the continent, but there are some fundamental problems that have yet to be solved (if that's even possible).

Spain is full of unemployed people because communist working laws. I wish we had Danish tier working laws.

Even East Asian tier laws would be better

Having Chinese tier or American tier working laws is not necessarily a bad thing. Actually is great for Brazil.

Keep in mind that in Latin cultures, people want everything and don't like to work enough for that. This is why communists are sucessful here.

Hmmmmm yes. Totally.

Honestly, this is really sad.

Your country literally lost 90% of its value relative to the dollar in 4 years.

19.2*

Enjoy your 30%+ inflation

I would rather just deracinate Latin culture all together and replace it with any culture that values honesty and hard work.

wtf is that graph, i am ignorant about economy

Value of the USD vs the Argentinian Peso. The graph shows how much the dollar has appreciated against the Peso in recent years. Since USD is the global reserve currency and the one all commodities are traded in, it's a useful currency pair to look at when investigating macroeconomic conditions.

Broadly speaking, a Peso is worth about a fourth of what it was worth in 2014 according to this graph. Which is not great, but probably not disastrous either.

Don't worry, Argentina will find a way to fuck this up spectacularly again.

Imagine if 1 dollar bought 1 euro in 2013 and now 1 dollar buys 10 euros

That is argentina’s peso

>666
i'm scared...

This. Sadly, our neighbour is in the right.

Well we hope the same, Temer is pretty much the biggest ally of Macri in the region... But it seems that Lula is going to re-take power next year

Extremely unpopular leaders are never good

We are going ti colapse. Quite soon.
We are taking as much debt as we can.
Our debt used to be 8% of the gdp and by te next year it'll be close to 100%. While our economy only grew 3% during such period of time.
Pls stay as far as you can from this country

Don't they have openly communist parties down there?

There's no way they'll give up gibs.

>Don't they have openly communist parties down there?
Yes, they got a whooping 2% votes in last election IIRC

One out of every 50 people there being comfortable openly calling themselves a communist is fucking terrifying, senpai.

Over half the people in the US are retarded statists too, but I don't think that many are willing to actually call themselves commies.

We've already approved. Funnily, they said it would create 200,000 jobs in 2 months, but we lost like 50,000 in this period

Also, don't forget that we passed a constitutional amendment that freezes any government investing for the next 20 fucking years, basically an austericide

>i bought a few thousand of dollars a few days ago
I dodged a bullet.

have you seen american universities recently ?
Or american media ?
Or read anything about the Obama and Clinton campaigns ?

Read my second paragraph over again. The US has a huge amount of closeted commies, but I highly doubt 2% of the population is open about it enough to actually call themselves communists.

Since when do you need to be open about what you vote for?

You don't, but not being an open communist at least indicates they know at some level that it's wrong even if they're stupid enough to vote for it.

You're the one who assumed they were open about it because they voted for it.

>passes amendment saying either pass pension reform or FUCK MY ECONOMY UP
>don’t pass pension reform

Maybe they should turn the order of events around next time. Cut spending and THEN pass a balanced budget amendment.

>italian spanish mix
what can go wrong?

lula isn't unpopular there's a ton of niggers who will vote for him with the argument that it's okay for him to have stole millions because he gave them gibsmedats

>hi im a MAGApede whats your countries fucking BASED rightwing party are they BTFOing the lefties?

Cuck.

I meant the Lebanese Vampire.

I am okay with a corrupt leader if he provides the goods tbqh.

Of course you are

>Keep in mind that in Latin cultures, people want everything and don't like to work enough for that. This is why communists are sucessful here.

>Our debt used to be 8% of the gdp and by te next year it'll be close to 100%
"no"
usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
it was at 42% with the kirchners
but of course, people whine about debt, inflation, AND budget slashes, so this isn't going anywhere

to be fair, those numbers were from the time the dolar was artificially held by the balls by the government
if you wanted to import a screw and a bolt you had to do a ton of paperwork, get a special license, and essentially show you've never dodged a candy's tax to be allowed to do that, so there was always a dollar black market going 40 to 50% higher than the official rates

>be american
>be fucking TERRIFIED when people disagree with you

>obama and clinton
>communist
Imagine actually being this fucking delusional. She lost, Pierre, you need to stop crying about it.

>Brown and only getting browner

Argentina is shit and we'll join them soon.

42% is pretty high debt for a country whose monetary situation is not so great, especially if it has any loans denominated in USD.

>I am completely unaware of what communism is

>gommunism is when da joos gill 300 goirrilon innocend beople!11!!!!

tell that to the retards that clap and cheer every time the government announced new welfare programs and increased spending
that said, it was much higher, the Kirchners paid and re-negotiated a huge chunk of the debt between 2003 and 2008, during the commodities boom, but our credit ratings went to the shitter, so they funded that extra spending with money printing, which created inflation, and ""forgot"" to update some taxes that used to only apply to extra rich dudes, but that every other worker began to pay once salaries went up following the inflation
current president has tried to lower spending, but we still have a massive deficit and people complains both ways
I blame the notion of the "big, strong, rich uncle government, giving you money and whatever you need" welfare state mentality that our society as a whole undertook during the 30s

Piñera loves macri, you dont need lula

PRESIDENTS

IN

A

SINGLE

WEEK