Why do germans fantasize and romanticize about native americans?

Why do germans fantasize and romanticize about native americans?

Wut?

Because we are very similar. Once proud people that could roam freely who were beaten by the stinking Anglo and now have to live to see their former great land crumble.

Vinnetou

There's literally nothing in common between Germans and us. You need to stop reading 19th century bullshit.

Who doesn't?

Germans and Indians are very simiarl

Ancient races who were meant to conquer the world

Karl May? :-)

You blissfully forget the part where you attacked your neighbours twice and acted like animals nailing peasants to barn doors and burning one of the oldest libraries in Europe (Leuven). Indeed now I see why you like to compare yourself to other savage animals

it's a curious thing, they would fantasize less I suppose had they direct contact with the raids and butchery of the savage.

They are popular throughout western culture as noble savages.

It was just a prank bro

Ah yes, because Indians aren't also popular in Canada and America.

I don't know about canada, but it's only hopped up liberal types that fantasize about the noble savage

The best sex I ever had was with an Indian woman

They are really the best

Make you feel like a conquerer

The whole generation of Germans born during 1950-1970 has a pretty disgusting Winnetou / Karl May fetish...

>nailing peasants to barn doors

You also have this myth about Germans? Canadian soldiers in the world wars were prone to "war crimes" against Germans. Partially from gas attacks but largely from unsubstantiated reports of a Canadian highland regiment soldier being crucified with bayonets to a barn door.

>their former great land crumble
>great land
>did practically nothing with it, ass backwards with no tech beyond basic survivalist stuff and pemmican
>great land

Admittedly we barely use any of the land outside the coasts.

They see themselves in them

Noble savages fighting the good fight for their race

Hitler offered the Sioux people land in exchange for loyalty

Bullshit, we aren't talking about our current opinions of modern rez rats. If you haven't played a game of cowboys & Indians, watched Dances With Wolves, read Last of the Mohicans, played Squanto in your school's play, and at least considered buying a pair of comfy moccasins at Walmart you aren't really an American or Canadian.

Interesting, it's like Sandokan / Emilio Salgari in Italy
Long live the Tigers of Mompracem

Not even

Even conservatives admire the warrior culture of many tribes

Yeah but the Karl May fetish started even earlier i.e. when May published his books and back than afaik savages were seldom seen as noble.

You've made your own fucking bed Heinrich

Dond forget about Two Little Savages :DDDD

This actually happened here, and on a pretty large scale. My grand-father was born in 1910 in a peasant family. His elder brother got shot by them. There are many stories about what they did here. The Prussians were animals m8. They saw franc-tireurs everywhere, and they plundered the peasants constantly.

Also as I already said they fucking burned down the oldest collection of books and manuscripts in Europe.

Should have just split Germany up among neighboring countries after WWI

true dat, a missed opportunity

The Indians make good enemies in a story, no doubt there, they were an ever present and cunning danger on the frontier. They also had infamy behind them for the ferocity and brutality of their attacks, and the fates of their prisoners...

Hence the savage part of noble savage.

savage yes, never agreed on any nobility

Which tribe are you from?

Do you live in a reservation?

Do you know any of your native tongue?

How much white blood do you have in yourself?

Muscogee (aka Creek).

No. There's not really any software engineering jobs on the rez, and that's my profession.

A few words and phrases, but I'm definitely not fluent.

My mother is white.

What do you think lies in the future for your tribe? Will they assimilate with the whites with only tenuous links to the past?

Have you ever faced any discrimination because of your heritage? Do other natives of your tribe dislike that you have white parentage as well?

Why do you call yourself native american when you could just as well call yourself white?

Germans always sympathize(d) with "minorities"/suppressed people as long they don't live in our domains lol
same with Irish, Basques etc pp

>What do you think lies in the future for your tribe? Will they assimilate with the whites with only tenuous links to the past?
No idea. The identity will probably state alive as a regional sort of thing and there's already white-ass white people who get involved in our culture. As long as the traditions stay alive, I'm not all that bothered though I guess.

>Have you ever faced any discrimination because of your heritage?
Not really. Apparently some folks from the tribe get dirty looks when they go to collect welfare, but I make six figures so it's never been a problem. People usually think I'm just Mexican until I tell them otherwise lel.

>Do other natives of your tribe dislike that you have white parentage as well?
Some do. Others don't. If someone hates me for that, that's their problem.

>Why do you call yourself native american when you could just as well call yourself white?
Good question. I guess I don't really look 'white'?

Thanks, much appreciated