Spectacular Spider-Man

This show was truly too good for us. Just finished rewatching it and realized how much worked with the show. Parker's home life and his superhero life, everything about Black Cat, origin flashback done right with Venom, and Norman's ruse cruise. It's a shame this didn't get a third season, but it was pretty damn enjoyable.

We got the Spider Signal at the end of Civil War, does this mean we're going to get a 616/1610/Spectacular mash-up in Homecoming?

>Marvel ever having a good cartoon
Stop this meme

>This meme needs to die
>Stop this meme
The irony

How about the fact that every character was from the comic? That takes dedication. Especially how many villains they kept teasing.

>Mac Gargan
>Miles Warren
They would have been S3 villains for sure

Don't forget Hydro Man and Carnage.

Spidey Signal was a thing in the older Ditko comics, but it wasn't really brought back until Spectacular.

I'd like them to take more influence from Spectacular, as long as the movie itself is good. ASM2 took stuff from SSM to make Electro, and look how that turned out.

LIVING ON THE EDGE

FIGHTING CRIME, SPINNING WEBS

SWINGING FROM THE HIGHEST LEDGE

HE CAN LEAP ABOVE OUR HEADS

UHAHHHHAAAAHHHHH UAHHAHHAHHAAUUHAAHAA

AAAHAAAAHAAAHAAAH, AAAHAAAHAAHAAAHAAAHAH
God, that theme was so good.

I trust Marvel with it since it's definitely a passion project for Feige and they really need to make it stick the landing. Sony fucked up ASM2 with a bunch of executive meddling on top of everything else.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tombstone, Shocker, or Chameleon show up either. One thing they definitely need to nail, other than the villain, is Parker's life. The clash between being a hero and a student was done so well in SSM. Pete didn't lose every social opportunity he had just so he could go heroing, and he did a decent job at keeping his identity secret. Thinks actually went pretty well for him until the Sinister Six and Venom showed up. Black Cat and Venom were pretty well done, too.

SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR

SPIDER-MAN

SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR

I fucking love this show
For those who don´t know, Greg Weisman, creator of Spectacular Spiderman, later did motherfucking Young Justice. Perhaps the greatest animated series based on superheroes of the last decade
if someone didn´t see it yet, check it out

Too bad about the Weisman curse

No I like Young Justice but Spectacular Spider-Man is just something better.

Spectacular may be gone, but at least w can hope Netflix will finance a YJ season 3

Hey Gargoyles had three seasons

I still prefer YJ (more character development, basicaly because more character to play with) but still I freaked out seeing Black Spider voiced by Josh Keaton (Spidey in Spectacular Spiderman)

yeah, Im doing my part watching season 1 & 2 on netflix, asking them for s3 and the #keepbingingyoungjustice on twitter.

Yeah but Weisman had nothing to do with season 3.

>mfw I'm stuck reading fanfiction like that Gargoyles crossover Weisman wrote

Didn't Weisman write sex scenes for a fuckton of people in YJ and SSM too?

Weisman writes out the sexual history for ever single character he writes for. On anything. It's a genuine compulsion, his autism won't rest until he knows for himself exactly how the would react in any hypothetical sexual scenario. The only ones I know for sure from SSM were that Electro was gay and Hammerhead had to get a skull plate for getting too fresh with a teenaged Silver Sable. That and the real reason "Flash" Thompson got his nickname was the time he lost his virginity, but Greg actually made that one canon in the actual 616 universe in the same issue he took his legs away.

>Hammerhead got a skull plate for fucking teen Sable
Jesus

What were his S3 plans again? I know there was a lot of shit, but the only thing I can remember is Gwen's death

> we will never get Bibles for Weisman's shows
It hurts

>and Hammerhead had to get a skull plate for getting too fresh with a teenaged Silver Sable.

Based Silvermane. Best papa.

>That and the real reason "Flash" Thompson got his nickname was the time he lost his virginity

Wasn't it shown in the show that it was done because he liked to take off his diapers/shorts as a toddler?

Nah. It's more of a ditko thing.
I hope the holland movies are pure ditko.
Spectacular was good but it was a mix of ditko, ultimate and the raimi movies

What's Weisman doing these days?

He was writing Starbrand and Nightmask, but that sold like shit and wasn't good enough to warrant keeping alive.

>and wasn't good enough to warrant keeping alive

Yet Squirrel Girl lives

You've never even seen the show.

>we will never get Scorpion, Hobgoblin, Carnage, Hydro-Man, and Jackal
>we will never get the Spider-Mobile
>we will never get the Redemption Squad: Spidey edition with Sandman, Black Cat, Prowler, and more.

HEEEESSS IRRRRROOOOOONNNNNN MAAAAAAAAANNNNN

I really liked the 3-episode arcs. Each episode had its own rising and falling action, but every three episodes contained an overarching story. The episode titles were also themed like this.

Also, dat opera fight.

>Implying he is wrong

SG is doing better numbers. Or Marvel has an interest in the readers/writer. Look at Vision. It didn't sell necessarily well, but Marvel gave King the 12 issues he wanted. Marvel wanted to sign King on for more stuff, but then he went DC exclusive.

I have actually, twice. Once while it was airing and second time before season three of Ultimate Spider-Man started airing. I wanted to make sure it was still as shitty as I remember. I don't understand the sucking off this, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes get.

That's because your critical skills are terrible

My nigger this show was the shit. There won't ever be a better Spider cartoon than this, mark my words.

Only major complaints I had with it were the art, because some characters like Harry literally looked like they have robotic limbs, and the fact that MJ and Black Cat didn't get as much attention as they should've.

What is the speed of time?

1 second/second

You hate all the Marvel shows?

It's a shame Marvel disposed of him so quick. I would prefer to see him write a Spider-Man book.

A second is quantitatively defined in terms of exactly 9,192,631,770 periods of a certain frequency of radiation from thecaesiumatom: a so-calledatomic clock. (Ripped from wikipedia).
And there you go

This and Earth's mightiest heroes say otherwise

>They will never give us the remaining four seasons they originally promised...
Why am I still alive?!

There were plans for MJ and Cat IIRC, but the show got canned for the shitshow that is Ultimate. It made sense because of licensing and merchandising and all that shit, but they could have at least tried to make Ultimate good.

>motherfucking Young Justice
indeed motherfucking YJ

the show that has convinced me that Weisman can go from 10/10 show to complete and fluid shit within a year

such an awful dreck, that show

So will this leave me with blue balls like Spectacular did? (That Cliffhanger ;_;)

yep. even bigger blue balls. The ending of Young Justice: Invasion (season two) is the greatest tease and denial ever.
But the show is so fucking great it will totally worth the pain, as did with Spidey
Great thing is Weisman could officially keep on with the story in it´s own comic (pic related), and they are definetly good
Also you have Young Justice: Legacy, a videogame covering the years between season 1 & 2.

Sort of. You mightnt like the ending ast there were plans for the person who "dies" in the last episode to return. Im not spoiling anything.
Anyway the show is fairly decent. Only thing i didnt like was that captain shazam or whatever his name is didnt get enough screentime and there was too much blue beetle/enhanced human wank

I heard Weisman was planning to keep Gwen alive, but I really think it would have been better to off her at the end.

One-day somebody will recommend a show to me and it'll have a satisfying ending :(

>we'll never get the sinister six movie

Babylon 5.

I know that feel bro
but you will love Young Justice, trust me. And is still posible to see a season 3 via netflix

Why was Norman Osborn dressed up as Makoto's dad from School Days?