What is your interpretation of this movie?

What is your interpretation of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d1U3MyX0pmE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a dream from Tommy Lee Jones' character.The chase between Llewyn and Chigurrh is a nightmare that makes him realize he isn't cut out to hunt the modern day criminal. His continuing nightmare bleeds into his normal life, for example when he goes to the hotel door where he dreamt Chigurrh was and opens the door but he doesn't door is when he realizes hsi nightmares have made him hallucinate.

There are various other clues as well that lead to this conclusion.

my peanus weenus haha

my peenus weenus!

You can't stop whats coming.
Violence can't be stopped and gets progressively worse as generations grow(also a big theme in Blood Meridian)

Fuck interpretation.

It was all a dream.

I don't think Sugar completely "gets away" with it in the end. Maybe he killed Llewellyn's old lady, maybe he didn't. But she faced him with a problem that he couldn't answer. It's a realization that hits him like a... well like a car crash. He limps away, hoping to piece back together his fragile little world view, all the while realizing that he can't.

Ban him.

Just turn off your brain. It's 90s Chuck Norris shootout fare.

If you're speaking in a technological capacity to enact violence then yes it gets worse with each generation

but it sounds like you're saying there's just more murderers and cultures prone to violence as time goes on which is retarded

This is in Fargo, too, to an extent

>your interpretation

It does not get worse. Otherwise we'd be in WWXXVI right now.

Humanity's propensity for violence stays the same, but as you age you lose your physical or mental will to fight it or commit it. It's a young man's game and if you don't die young you either get busy living or get busy dying.

Worse was a bad choice of words. I meant that human violence is will always continue in an endless cycle much like you pointed out.

>It makes no difference what men think of war. As well ask men what they think of stone

>violence is will
I'm into my jim beam ok?

The old man literally explains it to tommy lee jones character

youtube.com/watch?v=d1U3MyX0pmE

That's what a lot of authors think, but generally over the course of history violence has been on the downtrend. It might level out about how it is now but it could also keep dropping

I hate to be THAT guy, but what the hay. Chigurh is ethnic, the drug dealing Mexicans are and the Indians in the Uncle's story most definitely are.

Now there is an underlying theme to NCfOM. It's that Caucasian's either don't commit violence and are above it (the good guys). They can't keep up with it and weakening (Carson and the Sheriff) or they control it from above a has gotten way out if hand in the country they established (Milton guy in building with no 13th floor).

I think it's a bit of all three points. Nonetheless it shows that the Caucasian founded our country with violence, but only when it's perpetrated by an ethnicity is it a problem.

Thats why the film follows a sheriff, drug dealers, a theif and bounty hunters.

They deal with violence as a way of life day in and day out. It may be on a downward trend in certain areas or for guys who are on a computer 16 hours a day.

The world has hot zones where it's business as usual. Even in your local city there is violence to be found if you look for it.

Westerns have no point, but are engaging as fuck.

>interpretation
it's pretty straightforward. the interesting aspects of this movie are derived from the characters and not the plot.

what business is it of yours what i think of the movie, friendo

>Haw hawnus Fanny cause seds in mobie oll genus

it's all a dream

"wake up Jimmy, it's time for school"

Nope. Ed-Tomb is dead. It's the DMT release making the last second of life stretch on forever.

i hope you get banned. and stop posting blacked threads.

What? That was a valid observation.

Just that is was boring

>no real main character
>killing a major protagonist off screen
>Anton is basically a Jason Vorhese type character
>Plot holes everywhere
>Sherrif doesn't give a fuck and spends all his time reading the paper

We need to build a wall.

>opens the door but he doesn't door is
uh what

A bunch of stuff happened and then the movie ended

this movie started the conversation that led to an argument at a thanksgiving dinner that made my family not talk to each other anymore

THANKS COEN BROTHERS

Blood Meridian is about the toll of civilization being paid in blood, mostly by others (indians etc). The judge is a sort of personification of technological progress and higher learning as Well as corruption and ideology. He's a stand-in for the sort of imperialism that went on in the western world, and at the end of the story there's fires lit all over the land.
The white man managed to pacify the west

what was the argument about?