Has Portugal ever left behind a colony that isn't a total shithole?

Has Portugal ever left behind a colony that isn't a total shithole?

t. shitty british colony

your mum's bedroom

Sure muhammad

How can a shithole itself make great colonies? Also Macau is pretty nice and is more developed than Portugal itself.

City states don't count for shit

literally all portuguese colonies were assimilated into their culture and religion without even needing to genocide the native population. And different from the jewish/protestant countries which value richness and being number 1 fake stats above everything southern euro countries value culture and religion above everything

The Portuguese part of India ended up the best in the region, for whatever that's worth.

I thought the best part of India was the former French areas?

I forgot the name but it ass "cherry" in it.

has not ass

Also I figured out the name it was Pondicherry

Macau
Cape Verde and Angola are some of the best african countries and what said, Goa is pretty nice

The reality is if Brasil had been colonized by portuguese only, no slavery and no racemixing with the natives, it would probably be a top 5 super power today.

So why isn't Portugal a top 5 superpower?

Macao

Zero of our old colonies were populated only by us (white portuguese), it never happened.

Portugal has 10 m pop. Tell me one 10 m pop that is a superpower?
Portugal is just fine, of course we have a great history

Why the fuck would you have a colony if not to fuck it up?

Spain would look bad, and we don't want that for our bros.

ITT : portuguese president’s close relatives

Israel.

Has the USA?

For the same reason America is and England isnt

So many Portuguese in this thread that are related to the President :O

The president is actually in the hospital with an umbilical hernia.

We're all in the hospital computer room having a party.

Azores and Madeira

They had shit luck throughout history to an almost uncanny degree, but the potential was there.

Goa was pretty decent until the pajeets forcefully annexed it and flooded it with Hindus from the 3rd world areas of india