Anyone here truly unironically mentally ill ?

Anyone here truly unironically mentally ill ?
depression is the bare minimum to post in this thread

no but I'm #MentallyHill and #ImWithHer

whoa
i think you're overqualified for this thread

I thought I was mentally ill with being diagnosed having had depression, panic attacks and being schizoid.

Than I met my ex gf which has Borderline Personality disorder.

>mfw the whole time

is being a faggot a mental illness? because i'd like to post here

Living a long time in Russia made me emotional dead. I am just a living zombie

#HillYourself

can i get neetbucks for depressive disorder?

I think I'm bipolar.

I don't even know where to begin.

Woman confirmed

Chronic depression. Was on Ambien (for depression related insomnia) for way longer than what is recommended, and ended up trying to OD on them one night. Spent 4 days in a mental health facility. I'll never fucking go back.

ITT: victim complex
It's not "cool" to be mentally ill.

OCD sufferer over here :(

trust me it's not

try living in a poor middle eastern country

Sorry, not a female.

Depressed neurotic perfectionist with bipolar syndrome

Am i fucked?

Insanity is a perfectly natural reaction to a backwards, unnatural society.

Don't let anyone invalidate your own thoughts.

Good think i dont live in western europe.
I probably have a mental breakdown and go make happening, so i can leave the ride with style

gender dysphoria confirmed

>Borderline Personality disorder
why are only girls getting diagnosed with this? i think it just means over-emotional crazy bitch

I probably am mentally ill, i even lay in asylum, but i'm not certain if i really am, because i feel like almost normal.
Forgot when i felt depression by the way.

bipolar here

The meds make me really fat.

I have depression and anxiety problems. Everybody I see says I'm on the autism spectrum but they never confirm it or anything. I hate psychologists, all they want is milk me out of money but never do anything except give me pills.

bipolar disorder reporting in

Im a non binary transgender demi queer that's gender fluid in 5 difficult genders.

lel

i have severe depressions and the only thing that keeps me going are all the happenings lately

Do you use reddit?

Depression, but mainly social anxiety.
Borderline schizotypal.
Just hate people, feel like everyone hates me.
Feelssobadman.
I question whether this shit is real, but it feels real user.

I'm bi polar but I don't take any medication or anything. Everyone just thinks I'm normal but every few weeks I'll become very reserved and isolate myself and think about killing myself.

My mum is bi polar too but she makes a big song and dance about it which has always annoyed me, probably why I keep it to myself.

unironically

Nah straight white cis make.

I get bouts of uncontrollable anger every few weeks. Not angry at anything in particular though.

Suffered from acut anxiety and depression from what I suspect was my outlook on society and my place in it.
No pills, no docs.

Eastern philosophy.

tumblr queens are always borderline. Mainly because they are seeking for victim status.

Do you use /r/bipolar or /r/bipolarreddit?

Diagnosed PDD-NOS, severe depression and anxiety. Stopped taking meds about two years back. Never felt better.

I like Watts but unfortunately it wasn't a total cure for me.

I'm a narcissist.

>tfw yesterday I caught myself staring at the mirror, checking myself out for like 15 minutes straight when I had to wait for a friend to pick me up

Depressed. Like, major, soul-sucking, brain-fogging, everything-grey, don't-want-to-live-don't-want-to-die, totally-numb, thinking-of-suicide-since-before-I-could-tie-my-shoes-or-ride-a-bike, get-a-kick-out-of-nothing, Herculean-effort-to-dress-or-take-care-of-myself, sad-and-blue-on-good-days, senselessly depressed.

It's honestly surprising to think that that's considered "mentally ill." I don't know if that's because it's normal to me, because I can thrive anyway, because I just assume that a lot more people than will evr admit it are like that, or because I have the wrong idea about what "mental illness" is. I suppose it's definitely completely fucked up, but it's not like I'm a danger to anybody, so the idea that there's a catch-all term for it is weird to me.

At least you have Internet. But I've heard a mental disease called "Islam" is very widespread in Egypt. I hope you are not affected, Abdul...

It's a vicious circle. People feel they have no way out; be it in life or the structure of life they have found themselves in.

No peace for a restless mind.

The second post number was unintended...

i'm subscribed to r/bipolar but i just lurk atm

desu i'm 95% sure i'm mentally ill but i don't want to go to a doctor or therapist because i'm scared they will diagnose me with something and that would make it all more real

I wonder how many people hate everything and don't say anything. That has always bothered me.

>over-emotional crazy bitch

Pretty much. But it's not just being a bit crazy, BPD is some dark next level shit. BPD people are completely unpredictable and just leave you baffled what the fuck just happened, 24/7

It's not cool to be a neurotypical normie shithead, either, but you won grand prize at the human dog show. You really wowed the crowd at the oppressively boring government paperwork event. I mean, it was a truly monumental performance. The way you worked that Bic pen sent shivers down my spine. Line after line, you didn't even sweat. Signature after signature, today's date after today's date -- you didn't care that you had to rewrite them over and over and over again. Someone might beat your record one day, but they'll never top the sheer style and magnanimity you showed in the face of soul-crushing bureaucracy. Might as well have been a simple shopping list. You made it look that easy. And now you're the proud owner of a fishing license. The rest of us only dream, wondering what might slither in the artificial ponds of corporate parks. Congratulations, user. You'll always be a hero to me.

depressed

not an illness in and of itself but chronic substance abuse

will literally do anything for some sort of stimulation, drank expressos constantly one day didn't sleep for 48 hours afterwards. taking 4 times the diagnosed dosage of all my antidepressants. used to drink myself unconscious every couple of days until i lost my license

that's definitely some sort of problem

It's pretty gay because it's a safe space. You're not allowed to tell people they're retarded.

I'm a proud muslim

> I'm proud of my imaginary friend.

Guess so. Went to the doctors like three years ago and told him I was feeling shitty, no motivation and shit. Got me to fill in a questionnaire then gave me some SSRIs. Decided against taking them or seeing doc again. Here I am just as unhappy. Additionally I can't operate in group situations, I just sit there silently. Sometimes think I should just kill myself but never got as far as trying. Shit sucks but I'm used to it.

Yes, OP, my mental illness is that I dont care about anything and my jimmies remain unrusseled.

Ya, whats the story with that. A guy I once knew has blown up like a baloon on them.

I am still bluepilled and normal. Send help!

Severe and medicated OCD checking in. Been in a psychiatric hospital twice. It's pretty shitty but you learn to cope. Still manage to be able to make 70k a year but ive since quit my job to go back to college.

I've been told i have a bit of the old autism d:^)

guess you're too cool for school user

Depression, anxiety and insomnia.

To all of those with bipolar. What is mania actually like?

>BPD
I'm so sorry.

its like wrestle mania times 10

The doctors never told me shit. I read up on the internet that they might cause some weight gain. I gained 60 lbs on them, and I still have the weight 5 years later and I've developed hypertension. I gained the weight in like 6 months of starting the meds. It happens so fast that you don't know what to do. I have been trying to lose it for for four years and I have failed miserably. The only time I lost the weight was when I went off the meds. Atypical anti-psychotics are hunger pills.

less to no sleep because of their higher noradrenaline/dopamine levels at the time
hyperactivity with absolutely no results etc etc

Sorry but I had a legit kek.

I'm sure a lot of people hate everything.

Hell, honestly, I don't even hate everything. I just have a lot of episodes of feeling absolutely dead inside. At least hate is smething you can feel and be passionate about. When pure spite was the only emotion I could feel for months on end, that was at least something.

I dunno. either way, whether it's hating everything or being a fucking zombie, I just assume as a rule that more people won't talk about it than actually don't feel that way. I'd bet money that the contents of the average person's head are way more twisted than we show externally.

Oh, yeah. Insomnia. Sleep disorders. Forgot that was technically diseased as well. So is constant anxiety.

Yeah, society's mostly insane, now that I think about it.

At least you're doing something with yourself.

Why? Do you self-destruct just to feel something?

That's a developmental disorder, not a mental illness.

It's like being drunk or high without anything slowing down. Things speed up instead.

what medication are you taking specifically?

I don't necessarily feel happy or anything like that, I just have tons of energy and enthusiasm and feel like I can do anything.

Women tend to be more extroverted in general (meaning they will tend to exude more symptoms of BPD) plus they are more likely to go to a psychologist/psychiatrist in the first place.

Nothing's a Total cure, senpai.
But being able to "adjust" (for lack of a better word) your outlook is in no one else's hands but yours and is key to not only understanding, but appreciating life and livi g hapily.

Our society has drowned out these values, Eastern, in leu of what you see today.

The ancients worked on the problems of mental illness for far longer than the lights have been on. You must yearn to receive the knowledge, not just "know" or memorize.

You already know more than you know you know.

Seek, there is no spoon feeding g the Keys to the Kingdom.

The first meds I took were risperidone and lithium. Now I'm on latuda, lamotrigine, and lithium. Weight loss is damn near impossible on these drugs.

fuuuuuck sounds familiar, tfw you realize you are even crazier from a Sup Forums thread.

Any other people on the schizo spectrum? I was diagnosed schizo-affective, but not sure if thats right. I think I might just be scizotypal/schizoid. Been hospitalized twice though so I am probably way farther gone then most people here.

>Do you self-destruct just to feel something?
i've tried rationalizing it and i never can, i think i'm just sick of being alive 2bh

didn't mean to respond to:

Same. Went cold-turkey on my meds a few months ago. Shit made everything even worse. I'm stuck in this eat-sleep-work routine but atleast it numbs me enough so that i can cope with everything.

I went to a psych doctor and they told me that I have "very severe depression". They gave me a bunch of drugs that didn't really help so I stopped taking them. I'm sure that I would be considered to be "clinically depressed" but I'm happy and doing ok in life.

>cis

that isn't a real word. that's a fairytale word made to make normal people sound less normal.

I have BPD. It's soon to be reclassified as Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. You have no idea how unjust and stigmatizing that shit is. Fuck you all. Why should I have to put up with this shit? No, but I love you, don't leave me. I'm going to knife you when you sleep though.

Joking aside, it is a hell of a diagnosis and very hard to overcome. I've been in therapy for years and it's turned my life around. It's still going to be a huge barrier whenever I apply for jobs though. I have to get doctor's notes every time to say I'm not dangerous.

Does it ever bother anyone that if you ask why they put you on a medication they can rarely explain it?

Had depression for about 8 years so far, but I have been getting better on my own.

Borderline Personality is still a struggle though... But I'm getting better... Kinda...

I can't empathize with bpd at all. It's basically the opposite of schizo.

you faggots needs to stop taking your stupid brain pills and just learn some meditation/common sense

you either control your mind, or your mind controls you

I was given a plethora of ADHD meds, anti depressants and sleeping pills for like 10 years until I was 16. it only made me crazier and crazier until I was on the brink of suicide. I got sick of it and refused to take anything and eventually everything fell back into place. your brain is a sensitive thing, you shouldn't fuck with it with those drugs

>but I got real problems!!
its all in your head. have some self control, for god's sake man. do you have freewill? are you an animal or a human?

That is exactly right. It used to be under the general umbrella of hysteria. That's what it is.
Mania is like having a really great day, at least for me, but in an obsessive way. Last time I had mania I studied Latin without breaks for 12 hours every day for four days, having never taken the language before. The time before that, I stayed awake for three days building a website for my business. If I channel the mania, I don't lose my mind. If I let it run rampant, I just wind up doing a lot of drugs, scheduling dates I have no intention of keeping and writing quasi-delusional musings. You feel really stimulated and ready to discuss anything, do anything. It feels easy. But your thoughts just go on and on and on. It makes you crazy.

>leave house
>hear people saying things that aren't there
>"why don't you just kill yourself"
>"worthless"
>etc.

>decide to rarely leave house from now on

yeah that's why i don't post really

Depression is a state of mind, it's another word for weakness.

Yes, I have goyim syndrome

I love this post.

I have depression and anxiety, and now psychosis due to PTSD. It fucking sucks. I am perfectly normal, but I now have some bullshit delusional disorder given to me because of 1 traumatic event in my life, and now everytime something stressful in my life comes up, my mind does some crazy mental gymnastics to connect it to hypothetical scenarios, they literally leave me bed ridden and afraid to leave my house. It fucking sucks because I know it is just delusion. But god damn I refuse to take meds. These states of psychosis come and go, but fuck they are debilitating at times.

Well, the bulletpoints as I understand them:
-Binary thinking
-Splitting (being in two or several minds on everything)
-Fluid sense of identity. This one needs more clarifying since it's not Tumblrism. The 'borderline' is sometimes said to refer to feeling like an outline of a person, that will be filled by whatever is in proximity. No sense of self. This is why acting and particularly method acting appeals to people with BPD: they can see an identity that appeals and try to become it, since they aren't anyone anyway.
-Depression and self-loathing
-Elements of both neurosis and psychosis
-Pathological fear of abandonment (sometimes leading to a yandere personality, especially in women)
-Typically a history of abuse in childhood
-Substance abuse
-Self-harm
-Extremely volatile relationships

In my own case though, as I said I have it all in hand for the moment.

Depression because you're weak and need to grow up, insomnia because you shitpost on Sup Forums all day, anxiety because your body isn't getting the rest it needs.

Let me guess you don't work either....

I don't medicate, and I've honestly got it way worse than most people I know who do.

Meditation does help, but it doesn't fix it. Somebody probably doesn't have major depression if meditation/eating right/exercising/mindfulness/whatever fixes it completely. Sure, you can make yourself depressed with a shitty lifestyle, but there's no guarantee that a good one will make you not depressed.

In any case, I'm honestly probably a stronger and better person from being as fucked-up as I am.

>Not praising Kek.
Kys faggot, you got a focal point for prayers to him too

Everyone is mentally ill now days. Everyone that uses the internet that is.

thanks internet

Why don't you kill yourself, I'm sure that will cure your depression. I don't know if Mohhamed Bin Allah will like it though.