Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wO9woAUT494
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WE

WUZ

KANGZ

N

STUFF

I'm just glad the kikes are finally giving niggers an equal serving of faggot brainwashing to depopulate them like thug culture.

good cinema for the masses

easily approachable with "heavy" ideas

we wuz cocksuckas

3rd act dragged on an on. It was obvious where it was going. They even try to fake-out you with the "Oh I have a kid" but literally the next line is that he's still single. They don't do anything to build up the tension.

I could see the exact same movie being made but with a lonely white, beta, heterosexual, and it getting a lot less attention. That doesn't necessarily cheapen Moonlight, but this was overhyped for being a well-acted/directed indie film.

The scene with his father figure at the table in the first act was pure kino. Everything else was decent but flawed.

Nothing happened.
>Be Black
>Be gay
>Roll credits.

I think the issue is that the third act did not flow naturally from the first two acts.
Plus I also consider the end of the second act to be the point where the story lost its teeth and became a white liberal pandering exercise

I liked it
MUCH better than all the other noms, not much of a competition
cried a little during the last part

It seemed a lot more deep than it actually was. It was basically the christopher nolan of indie movies.

>am I a faggot?

yea I found it hard to understand how the nerdy teen became this hardman drug dealer

He went to jail?

That's exactly what I thought with the excessively loud violin music and the title cards.

It seemed like visting Starbucks, something that normies can do to feel classier than they actually are.

gorgeously crafted film. the diner scene is stunning.

Boyhood without the 12 years in the making gimmick + gay niggas

I think that's more a comment on the Oscars in general since even knowing this it was still better than all the other noms

Gay niggers from outerspace/10
actually really liked it, but it's kinda sad that it is literally diversity tropes and gimmicks that win awards

I don't think it's sad. It was a good movie and it deserves recognition. I'm glad it won the Oscar solely because more people would know about it. La La Land basically swept everything else anyways. In the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit about awards?

Niggerfaggot

Meh just no

for a character study, the character really didn't offer much. a relatively open minded person doesn't get much out of him being gay and black and that's almost the whole story

Liked it

As a third worlder I didn't know some first worlders can have such a shitty life just by being born is some neighbourhood

MISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Only normies don't understand this movie.

Can somebody explain me why did Ali won the Oscar just for portraying "average gangster with heart of gold"?

what exactly is there to understand?

who deserved it more?

>noms
>OMNOMNOMNOM
*glomps*
Go back to plebbit, faggot

Normie detected

as expected, nothing to say

you just don't understand, normie, you just don't understand

I personally don't really care about men putting their weiners in other men's poop holes.

or it's obvious as fuck and you don't want to expose yourself

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

or you're a normie and you just don't get it

it's like trying to describe color to a man who was born blind

Basically everyone, from Hugo Weaving to Michael Shannon, plus Jeff Bridges

Pretty disappointing

>the third act did not flow naturally from the first two acts
I interpreted that as kind of being the point though, like the jump from Chiron to Black is an abrupt one and shows how insecure he is when his identity, his one moment of opening up with Kevin on the beach, is immediately annihilated by what happens the next day
still, I see your point

>faggot
>nigger
>oscar winner

Fuck this

>won oscar in feb
>freely available on amazon prime in june

I'm sure it's a masterpiece and worthy of that faggy word Sup Forums likes to use all the time.

Dude did you close your eyes

Because that was like the ENITRE POINT of the movie

The whole time he wasn't actually some thug nigga drug dealer, he was just a weak and insecure kid who tried to hide his insecurities behind the guise of what's manly in black culture - drugs, money, being gangster, etc

That's why the last shot of the movie is him as a kid again, because that's how he feels - he's finally himself again

You the only man that touched me.

3rd act was way too brief, in fact. It was basically the diner scene and that was it. Movie felt unfinished.

Honestly, I almost didn't watch it because of leftist/SJW Hollywood fuckery but by a chance watched it one day somewhere and it wasn't that bad.

Still, fuck Hollywood. Only anime and Asian (China, South Korea, Japan, India) cinema are worth watching anymore.

or Amazon just paid a shit load for the exclusive to get subscribers

it's kind of sad that Sup Forums is at a point where only two people in this thread offered real criticism of this movie and everyone else is just crying because it has black gay people in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wO9woAUT494

I think I would like more had I seen it by going in entirely blind, before it won the best picture nomination and got all that press. It kinda made me go in expecting a different type of movie so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.

It's a pretty good story though. There were plenty of interesting elements, like how his positive father figure was a surprisingly nice guy who just happened to be a drug dealer, how his mom was a crack whore his entire childhood but once she got her act clean all that shit from the past still kept Chiron from being close to her, and of course the betrayal and arrest that made him reinvent himself as a macho drug dealer to protect himself was very relatable.

oscar b8

i get you're shit posting, but its just not funny