Common Law countries

>Common Law countries

what's wrong with common law?

>he didn't go to law school

if you did you'd know, fag.

If you're gonna make a thread with little content why make a thread at all?

>this thread

>We do thing because we've done it since Person A x Person B case was established and we are afraid of changing it

Undergraduate law student, AMA

you're right
we should copy brazils legal system, you guys really know how to stop crime

OOOOOOOBJECTION YOUR HONOR

MEMBERS OF THE JURY, DOES THIS MAN SEEM LIKE UN MONSTRUO, UNA LUZ OBSCURA, UN GOBLINO TO YOU? AN OGRE OF THE AMERICAS WHO SEEKS TO DILUTE THE PEDIGREE THIS GREAT NATION FOREVERMORE? HWELL, ESTEEMED JURORS, I BEG TO DIFFER! BEAR IN MIND, THIS IS A FAMILY MAN YOU'RE SENTENCING TO PRISON!

>Law is about stopping crime

Our system is mostly a copy of german, french and italian theorists, so go ahead

yes it is

criminal law is one of many fields of study, there is constitucional, tributary, civil and so on

Law is about punishing acordingly when crime occurs, not stopping it.

test

Hello there

>UNA LUZ OBSCURA
that makes no sense at all

Might as well just say Anglo countries since we're the only ones who use it. Even places like Quebec, Lousiana and fucking Scotland use Civil Law.

if you'd been brainswashed by fantasy literature more, then the idea of a dark light might make more sense to you

punishing crimes to deter people from doing it

>punishing crimes to deter people from doing it
that's secondary, we punish crimes primarily because people think there are acts worth of an artificial consequence, THEN we, the society, think that this consequence will deter the crime

Our system is called "Roman-Germanic law" if I recall correctly. I think the name in English is "Civil Law"

can also be called "continental law"

ah yes when i want lessons on how to manage criminal justice i turn to brazil

common law is in successful countries. coincidence? I think not

True but law as in if you brake the law can discourage future law braking

Sorry my brainlet mind i meant to say sanction

You get my point i hope

so is civil law.

>Usa
>Canada
>UK
>Sucessfull

Actually they are

Evem thou they law system is based on alot of case study

yeah all common law nations are successful but not every civil law nation is

>brazil

Italy and france are successful and they are the base for the civil law

Hey, for like 20 million people our country is great

>"""trial""" by jury

You mean "break"
brake = pic related

>but not every civil law nation is
reread this please

ummmm no sweetie ;)

I am actually surprised that Australia and New Zealand seemingly managed to have decent laws despite being based on such a flawed paradigm.
Or maybe they actually have their share of absurdities and loopholes but nobody cares enough to post them.

And you think that's due to common law? The answer for success is Economics.

coincidence? i think not my vine swinging friend

That's because you can't think, my fat friend.

The rule of law determinates the success of a state even in economic sence

Look for example at arab states with wealth of oil but the rule of law as in states like the west caused alot of inequality and poor state

But no rule of law as in european states*

what's the main and most important difference between common and civil law?

t.brainlet (in law stuff)

Meh im sleepy i cannot post as a rational human i need to go and sleep good night

I might be wrong but I think it works like this:
Civil law has encoded laws and common law is when the judges go by what was decided before in other cases. We see in American movies (who have common law) the lawyers always say "in case John doe vs the state such thing was decided blah blah blah"

hi

>And you think that's due to common law?
yes

>mfw I realize they don't think classical liberalism is the answer for everything.

Thanks dog the European Union shat on it.

well we won't be in the """""""""""European""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""Union"""""""""""""""""""""" for too much longer