Is anyone afraid of working their entire life away?

Is anyone afraid of working their entire life away?

One of the major regrets on everyone's death bed is apparently that they spent too much time at work (or 'working too hard').

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

How many people do you think lead a truly fulfilling life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qPOvePioFF0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Death and Life are memes user

I don't know senpai, they both scare me

How can you fear the irreversible ?

maybe i'm living with some idealized notion of how to live 2bh, but i see beat up old homeless people and old alcoholics and fear one day it could just as easily be me in their place.

Even tho I said this Always remember this and "life" will be easy
You will "die" one day.

But goy! You can start living once you retire! Just wake up, go to work, and live in the system for a few more decades, and then you can start living your real life!

I'm afraid of continuing to be a NEET until my dad dies andvthen killing myself because I'm completely incapable of supportingmyself

Its not that easy to kill yourself user, you will suffer a lot more before you can actually kill yourself.
Enjoy that.

that sounds alright, maybe we all just need to live one day at a time

pic related kek

I have struggled to just survive all my life (40 years old now) and because of that I never could make plans (marriage kids etc) or accomplish anything of worth.

Not everyone can be the protagonist in the movie. Even in their own life movie. That's just how it is and there's always strength in seeing things as they really are.

Seek God like a drowning man seeking a buoy and hold fast to it until you die.

My point is, that it doesnt matter at all if you are sad/happy
working/ having fun
having regrets/not having them
The outcome is same.

not really, I wasted the last 17 years of my life playing video games and watching anime

I'm enjoying life. I've retired at the age of 27.

How? Disability payments because of "muh anxiety" and "muh depression".

I make more than the average national salary. The only downside is that I have to see a doctor once a year to check up on me, and that I can't travel abroad without permision.

>I have struggled to just survive all my life (40 years old now
that's brutal user, what sort of stuff did you have to do if you don't mind me asking?

I don't think many people live a truly fulfilling life, they usually get fucked over in one way or another. You can't win really. Probably the best piece of advice my dad gave me.

I've noticed some people make it out like their life is so good, but you wouldn't swap with them, fake ass annoying niggers.

When I was young there was this girl who would sometimes approach me in this nightclub all the locals would go to once a week. I was too drunk shy and retarded to make anything of it, she ended up dying not long ago of breast cancer. Had a couple of young kids, felt so sorry for her. But I dodged a bullet through being retarded.

Then you've got the guys who get divorced raped and their kids end up little white niggaz.

Sometimes being retarded can be a good thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=qPOvePioFF0

Understand the value of work user

99% of us have to work, the difference is what you are working towards

Listen to Trump

you're my dad's age

i can be your internet son

Are there too many immigrants there?
I'm thinking to do my PhD down there.

Most jobs should be an optional three day week.

You then get four days off every week and the unemployed get work as well.

I know everyone has to work for some reason, but not every fucking day.

I'm almost 23 and I haven't had a real on-job paper for my entire life. I'm going to teaching college right now and I plan on being a teacher for the rest of my life. It wasn't what I expected to go into when I was younger but it's a job that a robot can't replace, and it's fulfilling since I'm going to be an elementary school teacher. It's gonna be hard mother fucking work and it'll burn me out quick but an elementary school teacher is the foundation of a kids learning blocks so if I can be one of the best teachers a kid has in elementary school, that'll stick with them for most of their life. Making a positive impact in this world is what matters most to me. Even if I get paid shit.

Oslo has something like 25% immigrants. It's a real cesspool of crime and niggers.

Anywhere else in the country is great. I'd recommend NTNU in Trondheim if you're going for a PhD in STEM.

And most of the people saying that are all the lazy fucks you deal with every day, can't imagine if they actually had to pull their weight.

Of course. That's why I'm a NEET.

>there are people who figure out the rat race meme only when they are dying
top kek

Lmao @ wagecucks.

>Is anyone afraid of working their entire life away?
No. If anything I wish I'd have worked more and built a better Resumé. I really enjoy work.

this picture really made me think

even 4 or 6 hour work day would do wonders

I only plan on working for 10years.

Invest in real estate among other ventures.

Currently playing around with RobinHood for Daly gains.

has anyone read any of these books? Are they good?

>uncomfterble

better off reading basic economics by thomas sowell than any of that meme shit

Reminder that 99% of those who are wealthy and powerful were born into it.
Social mobility is a myth.
There's no winning the game, so why play?

I quit my job few months ago, I was working for the government "permanent" contract.

All my workmates in their late 40s, 50s. Watching them snap on each other, talk shit about each other and constant shit-talking.

Everyone at my unit was balding and one day I just asked myself do I want to spend rest of my life (middle 20s) in this place and wait until my hair starts to fall out.

I'm fine with the idea of having career somewhere in my late 30s until retirement, but I don't have any interest to spend my fucking youth with boomers

it's better that way. 99% of us have no choice but to play the game. there's no escape except for the euros who can get neetbux, or suicide. better to live a happy life and then realize it was shit on your deathbed than to realize it's shit the entire time.
if you're into r&m it's like the microverse episode

>Oslo has something like 25% immigrants. It's a real cesspool of crime and niggers.
Fuck no.

>NTNU in Trondheim
Well, Bjorn seems cool.
Yet its biotech, aka applied science. I want to do pure science if I can have a say on the matter.

I've read The richest man in Babylon, Millionaire next door, and the Intelligent investor.

I feel smug as fuck.

Gives me confidence that I'm gona make it.

Read The millionaire real estate investor, along with Hold and Flip. It convinced me to get an home loan, got approved for 300k currently looking for a duplex to buy and rent out.

welp, you're probably right actually

I'm a school teacher and am going to quit and become a part time sub (3 days a week) when my parents die and leave me all their real-state. That'll leave me 3 houses to rent and collect on.

My mom worked her ass off, it literally killed her. She worked night shift as a nurse, which supposedly working night shift takes years off your life. She followed all the rules, did what everyone told you to do, worked like a good goy, just waiting to retire. Then, she got cancer at 63, and died. Never got to retire, and live the easy life. I wonder if it's worth it. I see my health deteriorating due to my job, retirement is a long way off. Will I get to enjoy retirement? Definitely not if I don't have good health. So, what's the point? Should just be broke and wander the Earth.

> Karl Marx

I have a well-paid job in a good industry, working for a large US corporation. And it's an interesting job.

But I'm not sure why. On the other hand I'm single and I don't go out, so I'm basically saving a lot of money. If I keep going I can probably retire early.

Maybe buy a boat and shitpost from the middle of the Tasman sea? Or buy a small house in New Zealand.

Primary teacher here
Just do anything else with your life anything.

It's not the kids it's the management. No one wI'll just let you teach. You'll have no resources or support. They start a new initiative every 6 months and it's your fault if non English speaking children or kids from abusive hones don't ache the sama as mile class kids.

Youll end up so tired you'll do nothing with your life except in the holidays which you'll use to catch up on paperwork. I hope you like paperwork

I wasted my 20s on teaching

On the other hand is good money in London. So there's that.
Top tip, only work in posher areas. Fuck inner city it'll turn your soul into a husk

Can probably do both. Set sail on the ocean and when you feel like resting, sail to your home and rest up for a few months in your New Zealand cottage, then back out onto the ocean again.

It's the same in the US.

39, here. Married with 3 kids - 19, 18 and 13. We have a decent amount of equity in our home. Looking to sell this fall or next spring and buy some acreage (20+). Plan is to raise chickens and maybe goats, become certified organic farmer and live out the rest of our lives in the country. Been working towards this goal for about 5 years.

I want to save as much money as I can for me and my family.
This is why I need to work in (well paying) jobs.

I'm even prepared to sell one kidney. I know I'll get a high price because I'm young, healthy and have a rare blood type.

And I'm completely serious.