Holy fucking SHIT this was awful

Holy fucking SHIT this was awful.
Story driven by incompetent fucking characters, again.
Anything remotely scientific just thrown out the window.
Intensely lame alien kills.
Perhaps the silliest fucking "threatening" alien concept ever.
Retard tier music score.
Usual Sony Editting nightmare.

Why does this even exist? Putting all of the money it cost to make this movie and get all those fairly somewhat big names attached to it could have been better spent piling all the fucking money in a room and setting it on fire while taping it and it would have been more entertaining.

>it could have been better spent piling all the fucking money in a room and setting it on fire while taping it and it would have been more entertaining.
for u

>mfw it uses the wand to pierce the glove
And that's when I knew it was going to be a shit movie.
It was like watching gumby.

It was a pretty bad movie yes. There was so much wrong with this movie, ending was shit as well.

they needed something to compete with alien horror show: coven and picked this not at all derivitive script off of a pile and made them make it more like alien, and then market testers decided on the most unimaginitive name possible so as to not alienate the percentage of people who feel like "scifi" is below them

At least it wasnt capeshit... it was supposed to have a cheesy B movie feel to it like a classic monster movie. It reminded me of an updated version of "the blob." I like that it was set in space and the monsters only weapon was super fast evolution.

>Why does this even exist?

Prequel to the upcoming Venom movie

>At least it wasnt capeshit

Got some bad news for you, friend

>You

how the hell do you get Jake Gyllenhaal and that lady from Mission Impossible 5 for this

what a fucking waste of talent

Why the hell did the black guy not tell them that the fucking thing was on his leg? Jesus Christ

Why they weren't freaking the fuck out when the thing turned from a single cell to a complex life form over night boggles me.
If I had seen that thing grow that fast I would have nuked it, but no the nigger has to play with like its a pet.
I fucking cringed and how lame that was.

He couldn't feel that it was there because he had a serve case of the wobbly legs.

i hope this turns out to be true, because at least there'd be something interesting in this movie

but probably not, it's just a B movie with A-listers

>incompetent characters

Why are insufferable neckbeards so obsessed with this non-criticism? No one cares how you think characters should react to various fictional high pressure situations, you fat fucking loser. The only things that raise your heart rate are the stairs to the kitchen and Hitler videos set to super hero scores.

That's because you're an idiot who lacks nuance and you think the characters know they're in a space horror movie

This. This fucking bothers me so much. It didnt even phase them. At least freeze the damn thing and don't fucking continue to play with it.

Yes, if they were teenagers it would be almost passable, but they are scientists. It's like Prometheus levels of retard.

Shit flick, nothing interesting happens.
Also the alien thingy has cells that do everything at once but they had to make it grow a head because?
And that """twist""" at the end, the only way you'd get surprised is if you've never watched any horror movie in your entire life. What the fuck were they thinking.

I think someone got really fucking high, watched pic related and thought it would be a great horror concept.

yeah it was fucking horrible... so disappointed

I'm pretty sure you're a useless retard who has accomplished nothing with his life, but I bet you'd handle the situation in the movie better than any of the characters we're supposed to believe are highly intelligent, successful scientists.

The ability to suspend disbelief is an important aspect of storytelling. If you're going to tell a story about a claymation serial killer on a space station, you need all the help you can get in that department. It's a valid criticism.

It was ok but it did feel very by the numbers
some cool shots and the ending twist was pretty good

This ... Whats more they are astronauts.. they are trained to think and react not be fucking retarded. You don't walk into a fucking rocket off the street.

what are some scifi/space movies that feature actually competent people?

Martian, Contact

The alien in its latest stage of evolution was really cute :3

Also that scientists got ultra attached to it in like what, two days? That was awful.

its terrible

not even worth pirating it

That scene with the water gradually filling up space helmet and the negroid's hand being broken were tense. But yeah, it was a generic space horror. No surprise there.

even if he can't feel it, he was bound to notice something the size of a fucking cat flapping around his pants

when they designed the ship why didn't they have the quarantine lab as a detachable module so if there was a breach they could just separate the lab from the main ship and blow it up?

10 times better then Alien Covenant

Tried watching it but first 15 minutes was boring talking n no action

Yeah I thought the same, but really this is a minor problem in the big picture of this movie being shit.

>a scene in which a female astronaut is groped aggressively by a tentacle monster until she is drowned in fluid

... hmm

>the characters didn't even take the most basic of precautions

>minor problem

I'm guessing that not in their wildest dreams did they expect to pick up an extremely resilient, intelligent and highly aggressive life form that would immediately set about trying to murder everything it could. Being that they had no exposure to alien life of any kind. Pretty fucking obvious. You don't design your space station for monsters when there's no such thing as monsters. The worst you might be expecting is a microbe of some kind that might cause a nasty illness. Not a fucking smart killbeast. Their precautions were sufficient for the world they thought they were living in.

Why the fuck did the Soyuz capsule open itself? They'd already established that you need someone working both sides of the door to get it open, how come Samurai Daddy could just pop open the door and get everyone killed? The Soyuz crew knew they were up there to push the thing into space because it was dangerous, why the fuck would you not have the door locked.

Compared to how dumb and shit everything is, it kind of is minor yeah. I don't understand how you can fuck up this hard when you have this cast and good production values.

better or worse than Prometheus?

It was the worst thing a horror movie can ever be: boring.

I'm surprised there isn't a ready-made maymay about this already. Sup Forums autists constantly complain when characters don't behave exactly as they would have in a situation.

And, yes, it's literally autism. They can't wrap their minds around how a character might behave differently than them.

Worse. It's boring throughout, and the ending is comically bad with a twist that is obvious and has been seen plenty of times.

Worse, much worse. Prometheus 'scientists' were dumb, but these here are beyond saving.

kinda shitty that movie "scientist" are so dumb. it would be great to watch a movie about science with real science in it.

>Jake Gyllenhaal will never burst out of the pod at the end of the film engulfed in the lifeform, which is the Venom symbiote, revealing this to be Sony's successful play at one of the most clever and exciting backdoor entries into a superhero franchise of all time.
Why even live?

Viewers are being kept dumb I guess. Movies recently try to not be complicated or complex in the slightest or dodge it with "You wouldn't understand". They did something like this in Wolf of Wallstreet, not science related, but you'll get the point. Then again, it might be only movies that are aimed at a broad base and not some niche audience. Disappointing none the less.

we may never get another hard science fiction movie i guess

literally every instance of introducing a species to a new environment has resulted in said species proving to be extremely resilient (on account of having no predators or counter-balances in new environment) and setting out to murder absolutely everything it can.

So, yea, thinking "alien life will be p-safe" is pretty stupid.

we aren't getting any more hard science fiction because anything in hard science fiction would be possible right-the-fuck-now and it would leave people asking why did they spend 250m to make a movie about something they could've literally built for less.

Honestly the somewhat dumb scientists isn't even the wrongest thing with that movie. It's just really plain bad, even more disappointing because the starts looks promising with a nice cast and good visuals.

But then you have all the clichés of scary movies from 2 decades ago, unlikeable characters because they aren't developed at all, and the plot is just dumb and bad.