Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Storytime (Part 1)

We finished up with Luke and Danny's original series, but by popular demand, we're going through the entire Deadly Hands of Kung Fu magazine!

They're a bit of a different format than comic issues, so you guys say otherwise, I'll do the entire issues, save the ads. That'll count these pictures and the interviews.

Mods, may I ask for a warning in case these are against the rules?

Speaking of Shang-Chi, does anybody know if the physical Omnibus was good quality? Binding, page quality, and the like?

Shang-Chi's got them brock eyes in the fourth panel.

And did the Omni actually put the name "Fu Manchu" in it, or did they go with the retconned name that was in Secret Avengers?

And that guy's neck is broken.

>"You plucked it from the air!"

This would be a lot more impressive if Iron Fist didn't do that with two daggers earlier.

>That random Yin Yang symbol

Still catching up on last night's thread, but go man go.

Holy shit, I was joking. I think he actually killed that guy against the pillar.

You better catch up. These mag issues are LONG.

There's a ton of blood, but you never know.

>Heroes Don't Die

>Except for this guy, he's totally dead.

And then there's these long bits here that I'll read some other time.

Probably won't tonight catch up to the run of this thread tonight.
I am zonked.

And FINALLY back to the comic.

I swear, these guys look like Street Fighter characters.

For those of you who are fans of Ewing, these should be familiar to you.

Okay, no. This guy is a Mortal Kombat guy. The one who punches dudes in the cock.

Even back in the 70's, it was true, "It's not murder if they're ninjas."

I don't know what I find funnier. That they can tell a legit ninja from a "trainee" ninja, or that there's "ninja schools" in San Fran, and they make them legit ninjas.

Johnny Cage

All that's missing is a costume change, and they'd be full Super Sentai right there.

Thank you, user. I was a Street Fighter lad, all I know about Mortal Kombat is "there's a dude who punches people in the dick, a dude with a lot of arms, a dude who's basically Bruce Lee, and Raiden."

>that there's "ninja schools" in San Fran, and they make them legit ninjas.

There is a two or three part story in the 80's Punisher comic about him taking down a Ninja training camp.

And that's all just one issue.

Do you mind if I just do the comics and skip the interviews and pictures?

But was it like one of those street-side dojos that teach karate? Or a Taskmaster-esque training camp?

For those of you who aren't aware, the "Sir Denis Nayland Smith" that is namedropped with the subtlety of a brick was the main character of the original Fu Manchu novels.

As I understand it, Shang-Chi was basically fanfiction.

oh shit imma check this out

How jaded is Shang-Chi that he doesn't even seem surprised by a lady with an eyepatch?

These are good comics, user, have fun.

So is Shang supposed to be small, or is that guy a damn giant?

>Fu Manchu has pointy ears

jfc guys

also did marvel get the rights cleared up or whatever for reprints or is it just a thing for new stories?

They had to have done something, since they've got one Omni released.

Sorry I'm late, just got back from the polls.

Welcome back! Have some Kung Fu!

He looks like if Danny was raised in a bondage club instead of a magic kung fu city.

... I know he's technically wearing more, but somehow this guy's costume seems lewder than Namor.

I'm not sure, they're in my pile of To Read along with a bunch of Punisher floppies and Grimjack by Ostrander and Tim Truman

God damn it, I thought I deleted all of my fanfictions!

I think some of the comic pin ups are nice.

He is Asian.

Wow, these are some ugly mofos.

Shang Chi is an open minded guy who doesn't make assumptions about a person based on how many eyes they have.

would you consider doing the Master of Kung Fu?

It's comics though, so it's a reasonable question.

Namor doesn't wear gogo boots and a garter belt.

When we finally finish with Luke and Danny's, sure. That's still a LOT of comics.

Sometimes you can add more clothes, and still look like even more of a pervert.

It's funny when Shang Chi gets a color comic, and while he has a realistic skin tone Fu Manchu is literally yellow.

Didn't he already have his own title around this time?

Well yeah. Try wearing a ball gag or a codpiece over your regular clothes, you'll get very different reactions.

>"Ah, nothing like killing my enemies. Serving wench, my drugs!"

Yeah Shang-Chi is about a year older than the Deadly Hands magazine for Marvel

I'll do the ones that are just pictures then, unless anyone wants the interviews.

I would rather see this in an Essential collection or something similar to how Dark Horse has been reprinting Savage Sword of Conan

Yeah, I'm just sleepy, sorry. It still stands that Fu Manchu is literally yellow.

I dunno, I never liked the Essential lines. The paper feels horrible in my hands.

>Artist: Jim Starlin

Spoilers: Thanos shows up, and kicks everyone's ass.

It was the 70's, it was a different time.

I like them for having a shitload of comics for cheap.

So what is that bottom row supposed to mean? They don't look anything alike, even when you put them side by side.

Not that different a time. I just think it's kind of funny that Fu Manchu is so definitively stereotypical the even when other Asian guys are drawn normal he looks like something from the 40's.

I love cheap newsprint for comics.