What went wrong?

What went wrong?

pussing out of the jason todd reveal

I don't remember anything after Ivy mind controlled Supes and Talia was working at Lexcorp I guess? I recall it being pretty bland. Maybe that's it.

I mean, Hush being Elliot didn't have any real impact

Should have made Elliot an actual character before this silliness, then?

Just shit comics.

When's the last time Loeb wrote a good comic?

Too crowded. Loeb took the biggest criticism of The Long Halloween and made it the fucking root of Hush.

Loeb really loves his villain parades.

Jim Lee

I mean at the end of the day that's really the only good thing about this book though is that if you're a fan of Lee's artwork you get to see him draw a wide swath of characters and more or less the entire rogue's gallery.

I second that.

Under the Hood is a better story than Hush anyways. It was a net positive.

it's a nice ride with a meh ending
so unless you are one of those autists that only care about endings it's still a fine comic

Funny, I often hear the description of Hush "It's a catalog of great Jim Lee posters that some asshole put speech bubbles over."

It's fine if you want to present someone to Batman's comic and introduce him to the whole universe.

...and that's pretty much it. The book doesn't have a lot going on in his favour.

In general you can say Jim Lee can "draw" but it's so boring. It seems he's style is stuck in the 90's or even the first 2000.

Long Halloween

Wrong. Far smarter people than you have admitted that Jim Lee's work on Hush was fantastic.

I really liked this story, specially the Superman scene and Batgirl mention to Bruce hate for the Joker. Didn't knew you people hated it or didnt care for it

my biggest problem with hush is that thomas elliot is some fucking nobody who gets introduced and then treated like he's someone with history who matters.

they wanted the reveal that thomas was the villain to be a big deal but it loses all its gravitas because he wasn't actually a long time friend of bruce, they just pretended he was for the duration of this story.

well it's a popular Batman comic, of course people hate it here

his work on ASBAR is better

my second biggest problem is that hundred less technically proficient artists tried to draw like this for DC and it universally looks like garbage

The forced-into-protagonist's-backstory-with-no-prior-mention stuff honestly gives me the howling fantods and it just keeps happening. This, Silk's introduction in Spider-Man, Bruce's brother (or is he?!) in City of Owls, the worst shit.