What went so horribly wrong?

What went so horribly wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Arib8uWMWsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>PG13

Shia chasing the convoy by swinging on vines with a bunch of monkeys

Indy surviving a nuke by hiding in an old refrigerator

Pretty crap, but unironically better than Temple of Doom.

theres that cgi scene where a bunch of bugs or someshit crawl everywhere

I actually liked the aliens at the end but the prior hours were forgettable and unenjoyed

Temple of Doom is unironically the best one

>jonesy
>im a capitalist
>double double agent

dead harrison ford
aliens
sam witwicky

Raiders was PG and the other two were PG-13.

Its an unnecessary sequel to a franchise that had a respectable ending. Plus Indiana Jones is not a character that should be by a 70 year old man.

>Remember Indiana Jones as an enthusiastic adventurer who had a dry sense of humour and non nonsense attitude
>Crystal Skull he's a grumpy irritable piece of shit who looks like he wants to be off-screen and shoot himself.

He must have seen some shit in WWII

I listened to a fan made radio drama that was made before Crystal Skull and it was a better sequel.

I miss Young Indiana Jones. Fuck the haters, it was a good show.

Who hated it?

It was great, and the War Years stories were brilliant

>Raiders was PG
What the fuck!? How?

They didn't have PG-13 back then yet. Speilberg introduced it because of Gremlins

Why do people have such a huge problem with Temple? It's at least as good as Raiders.

Everyone hated it. Still does. You and I are alone.

>Original trilogy meant to reference 30s adventure serials
>New trilogy meant to reference 50s science fiction B films
>Fuck up marketing it as such so bad everyone hates you

Honestly Indy should've been the American James Bond, with new actors reprising the roll and a very loose sense of continuity.

I thought pg-13 was invented because of poltergeist

Probably due to the sidekick and being a little cartoonish -- I don't know.

It's really not bad and seems to be a case of people saying X is bad so often that other people parrot it.

No, they should have just left it alone. The three movies made for a great trilogy. It belonged in a museum.

It's good, but there was too much silliness and edginess at the same time to be on par with Raiders.

The wagons jumping and keeping on rails. The long ass fall in a safeboat. Just to name 2 examples. It also overdid the "Indy gets cocky and then runs away because things are worst than he thought" bit.

The opening of Temple up to the plane is the best Indy ever though.

PG-13 was introduced '84, poltergeist came out '82

For me, it's largely because of the backstory. I couldn't get invested in the Hindu mythology as much as I was on board for the Grail and the Ark. It's also pretty dark compared to the other installments.

George Lucas

Yeah, but they have changed it since then
PG-13 is not the same as PG-13 in the 70s.
Those classic Indiana films would have been R rated today

(You)

>good show

Are you from Utah?

>PG-13 in the 70s

HE BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

why did I laugh

Nothing.
This is a better movie than Temple of Doom.

You're too young to post here?

>buy the indiana jones collection on blu-ray
>it includes this
I fucked up.

there are just some movies where no one asked for a prequel, sequel, reboot (even if it's only a soft one).
You can smell the money grab miles away and this one stank the moment anyone put pen to paper for that shitheap.

the blonde and chink just ruin it

>unironically

This is such a pleb-tier opinion.

It was great though.

I remember specifically asking for a box set with only the first three films. Sadly, those box sets seem to have gone out of stock permanently.

George lucas. Hamsters

Harrison Ford only wanted to work Part Time

It's fine. As a matter of fact it's on par with all the other indy movies. It came out in a time where every single blockbuster was an action/adventure cgi fest so it couldn't really stand out like the first three did.

Plebs WILL deny this

it's just plebs user, plebs who hate fun

>Indy surviving a nuke by hiding in an old refrigerator
that was funny and memorable

And Spielberg not giving a fuck. He only made so he could get funding for his Tintin movie.

Get rid of Shia and I would probably watch it a few more times.

If they had gone in another different direction with the third one, rather than back to Nazis and biblical artifacts, I feel like Doom would be more widely appreciated. It sticks out and plebs just want to see Indy fight Nazis.

Tintin feels more like an Indy movie than 4

Temple of Doom is actually my favorite

this

i liked it, what is wrong w me?

It was just too unbelievable. I get that Indy did some crazy shit in Temple of Doom as well, but they really kicked it up a notch in Crystal Skull. Not to mention they used awful CGI for it

I dont hate it as much as others, but the film has so many missteps and CGI prairie dogs

>It was just too unbelievable
not before how movies should end video on youtube
people didn't care about that, it was the cgi animals, the monkeys and the alien that bothered people

the scene was widely mocked when it came out, no one needed a shitty youtube video to realize it was terrible movie

the whole reason they went back to the Nazis for Last Crusade was because the backlash against Temple of Doom. Before that, they wanted to go in a different direction with each film

It's Spielberg's fault. George Lucas had been pitching him scripts for more than a decade and this arrogant twat turned them down systematically but finally decided to make this crappy movie about Aliens. And to punish Lucas, he added his protégé Shia Laboeuf as Indy's legacy. Eventually this moron could have been the new Indy, YUCK.

I saw it in theaters and I thought it was completely stupid then, too; I've never seen whatever youtube video you're talking about.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't show the fridge flying 100 feet up in the air at 80 miles per hour and then crashing down into the hard dirt, rolling and tumbling another 300 feet down a fucking hill before finally stopping. Anyone inside that fridge would be pulverized into a broken bloody mess of blood and bones, but Indy just opens the door (those kind of fridges you couldn't even open from the inside BTW) and rolls out like "whew," and immediately starts walking away up the hill

youtube.com/watch?v=Arib8uWMWsM

>unironically

this

>>Original trilogy meant to reference 30s adventure serials
>>New trilogy meant to reference 50s science fiction B films
This. You can't change the genre of an established series that drastically and expect people to be okay with it. Especially when the movie itself is subpar and the makers obviously didn't put much effort into it.

It's not as tight as Raiders, doesn't look as good, Indy doesn't seem to have as great a stake in it other than 'be the hero guy' and the worst part is the shit sidekicks - I rewatched the trilogy recently and there was a point where I wanted to turn it off because of the fucking blond. Don't give a shit about the kid.

It should have been Ark, Spear and Grail, not Ark, random Hindu stuff, Grail.