Was it a worthy successor?

no

but kuvira was hot

yes

somewhat yes, aang had much better fights but the bending/avatar origin was awesome
i like aangs characters more

No.
Korra had a nice body though.

If you ignore season 2 then yes.

It was an enormous waste of potential, so no.

Kind of irritating how each season is its own standalone story instead of being different stages in the same story, like how we always knew we would end up in the fire nation from the start of tLAB, Korra just felt so much more disjointed.

I liked that the problems korra faced were a bit more complex than in the original series though, what with the whole water tribe civil war and earth queen's taxes stuff

>Dark Avatar

Successor? Haven't seen the word for a while.
Interesting... so if we cross out the elements aspect of the show, remove all these pointless and fan-pandering nods to AtLA, and reduce the scale of the series so it's not all about random villain want to conquer the world every season, will we get an original steampunk animation spiced up with some mixed martial arts elements?

Fuck no.

no but if there was another avatar series I'd watch it.

It was okay. Would've been better with less network fuckery and a larger writing team, but I'd rather have it than not.

People actually made things that are good..

Buy the collectors edition.

...100% Hollywood scuttled it on purpose.

who would Sup Forums want for a new Avatar Series?
I think Avatar Wan would be awesome.

Some earthbender avatar from before Aang. Could deal with the unification of the Earth Kingdom.

Or a Waterbender (again) dealing with the split of the watertribes.

Maybe a Sun warrior Avatar dealing with whatever happened to them long ago.

Did I hear Avatar Kyoshi? I think i just heard Avatar Kyoshi.

Possibly, but i'm not sure they would be able to maintain her being a badass, they'd probably end up ruining her some.

Giving her a spin-off would ruin the magic.

your korra waifu a shit

*and 4

yeah

No, thought Sup Forums's hatred of it is still unreasonable.

ATLA is overrated and LOK is underrated, so yeah.

Not really but it had its moments.

LoK is actually extemely overrated.

Shut up nerd

I still think that idea could have been interesting if done properly. The Avatar reincarnates and seeks to keep the world in order, while the Dark Avatar reincarnates and tries to sow disorder. Would have been cool in an eternal battle kind of sense.

But it is, there's a lot of people who praise is and tells others that it's almost perfect. Which it clearly isn't. Also even though it shouldn't matter, the show won some prizes and has some positive ratings around the net. The show is portrayed and talked about as if it is a sort of masterpiece, which is why it's overrated.

I'm missing something here. What's Varrick and LoK have to do with downtown Atlanta?

Sup Forums would hate a Kyoshi series.
She was as inept and short-sighted and selfish as Korra was.

Just like with Korra it would depend on how it was handled, the main problem with Korra seems to be that she wasn't treated as being selfish, inept or short-sighted by the show. I think if they had acknowledged that and Korra had learned from her mistakes it wouldn't be much of a problem.

She was treated as that in the show, and by her own team. But she never solved that problem with her actions, the narrative just said "Okay that's done, moving on."

What i meant was that, we see her be those things but it doesn't have consequences. I also don't remember her team calling her out on anything without Korra being in the right.

A Kyoshi series would totally always paint her in the right. Everyone in Universe thinks she hot shit when really, she's just shit.

Yeah i fear that would be what happens, which is also why i think i would prefer a potential series about an earth avatar to be about a so far unnamed one.

>I also don't remember her team calling her out on anything without Korra being in the right.

Mako during seasond 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.
Asami in 4.
Lin in 2.
Zaheer in 4.

We know the consequences and even in the commentaries in Book 2 Bryke say they "wanted Korra to start the civil war." They literally wanted her to be the cause of tribes based on community and kinship to start fighting each other because all of sudden the Chiefdom position in the South didn't matter after Sokka or something.

Too bad that none of that was actually blamed on Korra by anyone in the show, where they completely ignore her involvement in anything.

You're also going to have to be specific because i don't recall Mako, Asami or Lin calling Korra out on her behavior as being a problem.

And Zaheer might have done something like that, but he's the villain so his opinion isn't reflected by anyone but him and the other bad guys, who we're also supposed to disagree with.