Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/160010962
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what is this?

Is that Very Important House?

>That nose

I shouldn't be surprised at this point

Vaquez's upcoming show for the Mouse House

Not even he can make a decent looking cartoon in 2016. We don't need another Adventure time clone.

>Jhonen Vasquez

how the shit did he go from something with an art style as creative and original as Invader Zim to making fucking Bee & Puppycat 2.0

oh man i hope that isn't it.. it looks dreadful. we don't need another fucking star vs.

Nononononooooo

normally I like the adventure time style but jv is the one cartoonist I depended on to deviate from it with something more unique. maybe the calarts meme is real.

i know he's working on someone else with this...

are we sure that's the show though? i don't see any of this on jhonen's blog.

Seriously, is there a source on these screenshots?

titmouse demo reel.
@ 09 and 56 seconds.

vimeo.com/160010962

This looks more like Cunch's art than Jhonen's. Is Goldberg involved somehow?

Yes, co-creator and character designer.
Also the fact that any animation exists means the show probably got secretly picked up to series, seeing as they ditched the plan to make a pilot and instead just piched a story reel to Disney for a direct-to-series order

I must say, I'm surprised that's supposed to be a girl. Unless Disney gave her a dick during development

She's definitely quite androgynous but I can also see how she could potentially be really cute in a more flattering pose

Of course it looks like that.

But taking the episode of Bravest Warriors he wrote into consideration, if he's writing for this show it could be worth checking out.

lewds when?

Of course these aren't even press shots (just random bits of animation for a demo reel) so they very well could be unrepresentative of what the general feel of the show is. I'd hope/expect the enviroments to generally look darker, or at least not rainbow throwup.
And yeah hopefully Jhonen is very involved in the actual production of episodes, we don't really know though because it's obvious that no one working on it is allowed to talk about it. No idea why Disney hasn't officially announced it

In time. It's a reverse trap brown loli. It will happen.

>kid with a talking animal companion having adventures in a whimsical land filled with danger
>with that style

Yeah, alright. That makes more sense.

>I'd hope/expect the enviroments to generally look darker, or at least not rainbow throwup.
Don't count on it. Rainbow throwup is Cunch's thing.

Nothing in any description of the show about an animal companion

But it's not Vasquez's, that's for damn sure. The place depicted in that screenshot could seriously only appear in a single episode.
But yeah, none of us know much of anything yet. Has anyone pointed out these screens to either creator? May not get a response, seeing as things seem to be quite under wraps, but it might lead to some sort of hint.

what the crap is this shit? I really feel that this generation of animators is lacking of originality and just going for that fucking generic style that autistic kids like so much.

You made Hot Topic cry!

might take one or two

You people just call anything animated "AT style" now.

Look at that. Does it have noodle arms? Does it have black dot eyes? And those bees and that background are actually very similar to the doodles that Vasquez did in his comics that came out decades ago.

Good lord you people are like old maids. You just want to complain about literally whatever is on television before even seeing it.

The premise, for those unaware:
>11-year-old Frolie moves into the Very Important House and suddenly finds herself in the role of caretaker of the universe.

Sounds like it might be written by him

I'll trust the guy. The artstyle is lacking but I trust in his abilities as a writer.

I'm just bothered because this looks like Star Vs 2.0, but I want to remain optimistic about this.

C'mon, it's Vasquez, a bit of colorful previews doesn't mean that he won't add some of his darker ideas with huge monsters, disgusting closeups and gross bodily fluids.

I hope this takes the piss out of AT.

Yeah, seriously the bottom one could be from a two-second long fantasy sequence. We have no idea what this show will really be like yet.
Hope it premieres this year

>uh oh! Tumblr nose!

That ain't new.

Probably because this time he is not the one responsible for the style.

This looks too colorful and cheerful to be made Jhonen. I don't buy it.

>Vaquez
I read on wiki that the Rick and Morty producer is working on this, maybe its a parody on this style of bright color pink trend in background art?

i want to gently probe Frolie's lil butthole with my tounge

Me too!

Looking at the bottom have the screenshot, the bright colors and cutesy artstyle might just be a front. Look at her face. She's terrified

Can't we get something new? How many times can this style be consumed and regurgitated? Every other person on Tumblr has done this style.
Didn't even has a problem with it the first few years but hasn't it been long enough that a new style starts to take hold? I think it's been long enough for a transition.

even in the old days it looked ugly as fuck

There won't be a sudden shift or transition, the style will just keep evolving until it eventually turns into something else. And given the ratings and budgets cable shows get nowadays I'm betting it's headed somewhere you'll like even less.

Let's be friends!

dammit jhonen you'd better put lots of subversive stuff into this

How do you know that's from VIH?

most likely the other way around, hasn't this been in development before Star was?

I think the only clue is that it looks like the co-creator's art style. It might not be, though most likely it is

>Bland cutesy style with pastel colors about a WACKY kid with a WACKY sidekick
This better be a parody of some sort.

The only people we know are involved are Jhonen Vasquez and someone who worked on Rick and Morty, that does seem to imply it's going in that direction

I really do think that it's from an episode that's taking the piss on such tropes.
It's frustrating we don't have more material, but I guess I've got something to hype which is cool. I didn't think this show got past pitching

It's dead, Jim. It got announced with other shows that have moved forward. Seems like VIH didn't make it past the animatic pilot phase.

Its popularity is.

eh, he is always talking about how he wants to do stuff that doesn't look like Zim

Not necessarily, development is a strange beast and if it really made no progression since the last time we recieved an update about it then any animation shouldn't exist at all.

If it were totally done for Jhonen and Jenny would be free to talk about it and confirm its dead-ness

>noodle arms
>bean mouths
>three tombstone teeth in center of mouth
>tumblr nose

thanks, flapjack/adventure time

>That politically-correct ambiguous shade of brown skin color

To be fair, there ain't a single cartoon on any of the kids' channels at the moment whose main character is non-white. It's kind of about time, especially since in the early to mid 2000s it was a fairly big trend that just sort of vanished.
Also
>hating on delicious brown

Spongebob is yellow.

It's not their fault, they originated from the same group and studio, they put no mandate on people.
It's everyone else that goes "me too", that's the problem, happy to be derivative.

wait wasn't VIH supposed to be 3D?

I could reaally stretch and say Steven is kinda Jewish

>a brown guy making a brown character
Fucking white guilt cucks amirite

In the preschool market there's many, but yeah I wouldn't count those either

Considering how the kid is visibly trying to mask her horror in the bottom panel, I'd say this is probably what it really is.

I don't think that was ever stated, and given the two creators' past (entirely 2D) work it would be an odd thing to assume.

why do so many black artists draw black characters with white people hair?

I remember how Vasquez made a scene where Zim would end up in Mexico as a joke with how terrible his direction sense is and the producers denied him saying it is offensive. So he made a stereotypical shitty Mexican city and named it Carne. It worked! Fucking producers!

In this case, we have no idea what ethnicity the character is.
And the answer is simply for purposes of a unique design. Do you complain when anime chacters have purple and green hair?

In this case it could be black hair painted white.

He probably does.

They probably just have no idea how to draw afro-textured hair because they're derivative fucks like everyone else and have no non-white character designs to copy the hair stylization from.

I though they meant 'carnicerĂ­a' but 'carne' is more funny.

NEWSFLASH, MOTHERFUCKERS: JHONEN ISN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ART-DESIGN.

Let me guess, NES bleep-bloops?

There are, you just don't watch them.

Correction
>nobody watches them
There.

I forgot that existed, my bad

He's kind of cute. Hope they dont fuck the show up.

He is not yellow. That's orange.

It's a chick!

No he aint. That's just brown Flapjack.

Same. Animation looks nice... so there's that.