Anyone else who's really starting to appreciate the Marc Webb duology now when Marvel is about to fuck everything that...

Anyone else who's really starting to appreciate the Marc Webb duology now when Marvel is about to fuck everything that is Spider-man up? I mean at least they had heart, Homecoming will be nothing but a cynical cashgrab trying to appeal to millenials.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY
youtube.com/watch?v=jkLC5ftqK-A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. They were shit

>Anyone else who's really starting to appreciate the Marc Webb duology
hell no

>triggered mcucks
Go back jerking off to your baby groot, kids.

No.

>Homecoming will be nothing but a cynical cashgrab trying to appeal to millenials.
The Marc Webb films were this as well

Emma stone is the only good thing about this shit tier attempt

>I mean at least they had heart
Fuck off, The Amazing Spider-Man flicks were the very definition of soulless cashgrab. Marc Webb was a visionless puppet who did whatever Sony told him to do. Raimi's Spider-Man films had heart.

You have zero taste OP

It's possibly the biggest case of "nobody asked for or wanted this" in cinematic history.

Anyone who puts Jamie Foxx's ugly ass negroid face in films deserves to get fucking shot

0/10 Try harder.

>homecoming will be nothing but a cynical cashgrab trying to appeal to millenials.
>implying Sony didn't try that

It's ok, you're allowed to like shit. This is America.

>cynical cashgrab trying to appeal to millenials.
You just described the ASM movies, you retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

>implying only MCUcks hate the ASM movies
Do you huff paint or were you born retarded?

No.

If you think Spiderman (SPONSORED BY SONY VIO!) wasn't a "cashgrab" you're an idiot.

my sides

ASM1 was okay I guess, ASM2 is literally one of the, if not the, worst capeshit movies of all time. What were they thinking?

>Sony movie promoting Sony merchandise

What's wrong with this? It's not like it's blatant 3rd party product placement like Man of Steel or an Adam Sandler movie.

>collateral
>ray
>Django
>any given sunday
>Ali
>Great white hype
Maybe you're just a giant homosexual.

>ASM2 is literally one of the, if not the, worst capeshit movies of all time
I don't know man have you seen Blade 3?

youtube.com/watch?v=jkLC5ftqK-A

just stop, its getting embarrassing

The Amazing Spider-Man 1 was a mediocre remake of the original Raimi movie and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was an indefensibly bad clusterfuck. TASM2 makes Spider-Man 3 look like a 10/10 masterpiece. Homecoming will be a boring cashgrab but it won't be as unoriginal as TASM1 or as sloppy as TASM2. People who defend TASM movies are almost as pathetic as the people who defend the Star Wars prequels.

>Hire the most famous redheaded actress in years
>She's not Mary Jane
You had one job sony.

>What's wrong with this?
It's definition of soulless cash grab, dolt.

All of those except for maybe Ray would have been vastly improved by replacing Foxx with a decent actor.

Great argument.

No, the definition of soulless cash grab is an Adam Sandler movie like I said, or Man of Steel starring SEARS and 7/11. Sony isn't paving themselves to use their own products you fucking dunce. Creators referencing their own works is not unusual. There are so many reasons the ASM films deserve hate but I'm just not seeing the issue with this one.

> people cry forever about giving Spider-Man and X-Men back to Marvel
> Marvel actually gets Spider-Man back
> Marvel makes their Spider-Man movie the Iron Man show featuring lame teenage dramedy and boring villains.
> FOX proceeds to make Deadpool and Logan which are critically acclaimed great movies.
> We could have had a really fun sinister six movie but instead we're getting the homecoming shit

THE GRASS ISNT ALWAYS GREENER

>mfw there are plebs who haven't discovered Sam Raimi is the lord and savior of capeshit
Raimi is a pure genius who made the greatest capeshit of all time. Marc Webb is a fucking hack who has less talent than the television directors that Marvel hires. Both of The Amazing Spider-Man movies should be buried and forgotten.

>if you hate x you must like y
They are shit souless cash grabs

ASM2 killed off Gwen. Very ballsy choice

this difference is Fox can a decent movie. Sony are legendary bedshitters.

Eh, Spider-Man is fucked no matter what. Homecoming looks pretty bland but it probably won't be as terrible as the Andrew Garfield flicks. I agree that the X-Men should stay with Fox though. Right now Fox is letting visionaries take the X-Men franchise in exciting new directions and Disney would never ever do that.

Yeah, so ballsy to kill the character you knew was going to die the minute you chose it.

Not really, even people who haven't read the comics know that the Green Goblin kills Gwen. She's just a placeholder for Mary Jane.

>starting
get out, reddit, Webb always was kino. Especially first one. Unlike trilogy it had message that you actually can be without superpowers and still be a hero, at least try to be.

Actually Sam "Kill Kikes" Raimi thought they were great.

ASM would have been legitimately better had it been directed by Adam Sandler.

Raimi Spider-Man had heart. Webb Spider-Man was a rush job. It has good moments but I am glad they started over

>Actually Sam "Kill Kikes" Raimi thought they were great.
He was just being nice in interviews. If you got some alone time with him and gave him alcohol I'm sure he would shit talk Webb's abortions.

They are complete shit

>n-no, don't ruin my narrative
holy shit you are pathetic

>people un-ironically think this is better than the sequal

>mfw Snyderfags are saying that Webb's soulless cash grabs are art
Fuck your shitty memes, Webb's flicks are absolute shit.

>s-stop shitting on Sony's soulless cash grabs! They're art!
holy shit you are pathetic.

You're defending 2 hour long Sony commercials. TASM1 was just an inferior version of SM1 and TASM2 was just setup for a Spider-Man cinematic universe. If you love these movies but shit on Marvel movies then you're a fucking hypocrite.

>n-no, s-stop
And still zero arguments.
I am almost sorry for you, brainlets.

>still zero arguments

No one has posted a counterargument because you haven't posted any sort of argument. "IT'S KINO!" isn't an argument.

is this the stupidest OP in history?

>"IT'S KINO!" isn't an argument.

I don't know why its taken this long, but its finally setting in with me that we've allowed them to make the same identical franchise THREE times without EVER improving ANYTHING about it.

AND WE'LL STILL KEEP GIVING THEM OUR MONEY ANYWAYS

ASM2 was absolute shit

what a filthy room

>three identical franchise
>trilogy is about your averge nerd without any talents that soon becomes mutant with organic web, it is all set in perfect sunny New-York
>duology is about a little bit autistic teen, who developed some neat IT skills and willing to stand for the people even if it means he will be hit in the face for it, he gains additional powers, uses cartidges developed by corporation in shooters that he personally made for himself, it set in near futiristic and more dark New York with dawn of transhumanism
>Homecoming is about a lot younger version of the character, he developed equipment by himself and got upgrades by a friend, it set in New York, 8 years after first official alien invasion

Really make me think.

Are we pretending Raimi's movies weren't full of Sony product placement too?

>hey we make a move and we need stuff for this kids room
>okay we have 4 options
>A: we use our own stuff
>B: we buy stuff from other companies
>C: we let other companies pay for using theirs
>D: we use our own stuff and do free advertising for other companies

Oh i forgot the neckbeard option
> we debrand everything

what should they have done?

There is no heart in these films and there is nothing to appreciate. The main reason these films exist was for Sony to retain the Spider-Man licenses and not hand them over to Marvel. There was very little they cared about otherwise, and it shows. They botched the origin story in ASM so badly that the entire backbone to the Spider-Man mythos ("With great power...") is ruined. And ASM2 was a colossal mess. There were at least 4 different plots that didn't really connect, but were shoehorned together to make a movie - rather, a placeholder for a Sinister Six film that they thought would net billions.

And the only reason the director was picked for ASM was that his last name is Webb. I mean, come on.

You want arguments? Fine:
>Andrew Garfield is a shitty Peter Parker. He should be a sympathetic nerd but instead he's a bland hipster
>The Lizard is a cliche villain that doesn't make sense or have any sort of charisma
>Peter gets his powers because he stupidly sneaks into a biochemical lab
>the tone is a mess, the Peter Parker scenes are pretty dour but The Lizard scenes are completely ridiculous
>there's so much CGI and none of it is good
>the third act of the movie is typical "the movie has to end with a giant CGI boss battle" capeshit bullshit
And that's just the first movie. 2 is such a mess some autist could make a 90 minute documentary that dissects everything wrong with it.

This was unironically one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Sony fucked Spidermin up all by themselves. Don't blame another studio for their failures.

ASM had the worst Spidey costume bar none.

Second film's was an improvement and arguably better than the MCU one.

Would like Fox to rent out F4 though.. they can keep xmin

>focusing on the minor details
>ignoring that all of these movies are basically the same shit
You could use this same type of logic to argue that Marvel isn't making the same movie over and over again.

Go to bed, Avi
Nobody cares that you lost control of the franchise

>averge nerd without any talents
I hate it when retards say this shit. Tobey's Peter was a fucking genius, he was at the top of his class in college and he impressed Dr. Connors, Dr. Octavius and Norman Osbourne. Reminder he warned Octavius that the energy experiment could be a disastrous failure.

It wasn't quite as in your face as the ASM movies.

Being a lifelong Spidey fanboy, ASM 2 felt like a personal attack

>likes formulaic capeshit
>calls other people brainlets

>Second film's was an improvement and arguably better than the MCU one.

what's the argument against something that's not out yet?

Here we go.

>to appreciate the Marc Webb duology

yeah good luck with that

I hope Sony burns to the ground.

Movie division at least.

This. Raimi all the way

FPBP

>new thing comes out
>"was [critically panned previous thing] really that bad?"

Fuck you.

Spider-Man - 9/10
Spider-Man 2 - 10/10
Spider-Man 3 - 6/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 5/10
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 3/10

>ASM2 killed off Gwen. Very ballsy choice

She had a three picture contract, she was gonna return as a superhero, idgaf which

2 was already overstuffed, ASM3 would have been all like "EVERYBODY'S SUPER NOW"

Both Webb and Raimi really understood what makes spiderman good it's a shame the Webb spidermans fell victim to too much studio meddling, the upcoming spiderman looks wrong on so many levels, doesn't feel like spiderman at all. Feels like an MCU movie.

She was going to come back as lame Ghost Gwen, just like Dennis Leary and you know it.

It was so bad

Black Cat when?

>at least they had hard
literally the opposite you fucking underage faggot

Raimi's films were kinda dumb, too.

let's hope she's in that Black Cat/Silver Sable movie

The only good thing about these movies were Emma Stone

And for some reason they made her put on a blonde wig instead of just her natural hair color as Mary Jane

Seriously retarded on that one

>And for some reason they made her put on a blonde wig instead of just her natural hair color as Mary Jane
She's a natural blonde, retard.

I remember she was interviewed about being Black Cat and Felicity said she'd be up for it.
Make it happen Sony.

She played Gwen and Gwen is a blonde and Peters girlfriend in the comics.
The Riami movies were stupid for making MJ his love interest.

well, mary jane's supposed to be hot, so it would've been a miscast anyway

>posting worst Emma
Stone has tons of talent, looks and personality. Watson has an irritating personality and lacks talent but she's fuckable. Roberts has a terrible personality and lacks both talent and looks.

The first one had real potential but dropped the ball at some key moments:

Pros:
>Mechanical web-shooters and Pete slowly making his final suit and half-assing it till it was complete
>Spidey as a wanted criminal
>Curt Connors
>Spidey actually using his webbing in innovative ways

Cons
>Shitty Lizard design
>REALLY ham-fisted "people's hero" scene with the cranes
>horribly shitty alliterative villain dialogue
>4 movies in, still no Kraven the Hunter

The second one, on the other hand, had almost no redeeming qualities. It was like the cinematic equivalent of slow-roasted dogshit.

fuck off

Feels good to be able to create an obvious ruse thread and have it keep going for five hours. Never change, Sup Forums.

>I was only pretending to be retarded!
Lovely. Anyway, please tell me you posted and . Please tell me all of this retardation is simply part of your ruse.

I made OP and the one about baby groot

Damn it.

>at least they had heart
the only part of either movie I'd say had heart was Martin Sheen's performance.

He was fantastic as Electro.
Shit movie, but he shined.