they're subtitles

HELP HELP

>He watches house of cards
>2017
JESUS CHRIST

>Literal cuckoldry
Is Robin Wright /ourguy/?

>DUDE I PLANNED THIS FOR WEEKS LMAO
it's like the writer's room is a big game of telephone where they just whisper the last couple lines of the previous episode to the next writer

THE WRITING QUALITY HAS FALLEN

Dr Pavel I'm LEAK

HELP HELP

THE METACRITIC SCORE HAS FALLEN

>FU: I need you to do
>Person: I will never!
>*lists a number of concrete reasons why he has leverage over FU and is in the control of the situation*
>FU: NOW YOU LISTEN HERE! YOU WILL DO THIS INSTANT!
>FU storms out of the room
>Person looks horrified, disoriented and does

WAKE ME UP

>Person comes into plot with strong leverage to wreck FU
>FU finds far weaker dirt on this person
>Person shits his pants and disappears for good

>Person comes to FU team, looking very professional, confident and capable
>Does a lot of A-Grade stuff
>FU in concetsation thinks about letting the person go
>Person magically lises confidence, starts fucking up constantly and goes away (optionally dies)

Should've dropped it midway trough s3 like all the normal people.

>Frank: literally everything I've done has worked out for us, even when we lose small we win big so just trust me for fuck's sake, also even if you think that's bullshit just pardon me because you're my wife and it's the decent thing to do at the very least
>Claire: lol no my turn

EMMY FOR ROBIN WRIGHT WHEN

Robin Wright directed this episode

Underwood is obviously a sith lord.
It's a missed opportunity that he never said the line "I am the senate!" during his time as VP.

>Claire: *vague phrase*
>Yates: *short acknowledgement*
>Claire: *cryptic remark about the nature of power*
>Yates: *perceptive insight*

YAAAAS QUEEN SLAY

this show died with Kate Mara

All this show needed to be was Frank fucking lesser people over. That's it. That's all they had to keep doing. Let Frank fuck people over while making it seem like there are some stakes that might fuck him over, even though we know they won't because he's Frank Motherfucking Underwood. Why didn't they keep doing that?

Resting bitch face

Because then you'd be complaining that the show doesn't go anywhere and Frank just does the same thing over and over.

>Gets thrown under a train
>They show her tits shortly after
Thought it was a pretty classy move.

>Jane: *unexpected piece of info*
>Claire: *look of bewilderment*
>Jane: *another piece of classified info way above her level*
>Claire: But how?
>Jane: *something completely unrelated*

>Character alone in white house
>does edgy shit

I started watching this show yesterday
>still awake watching
FUCK, THIS IS A MASTERPIECE

If I got left alone in the white house I'd rub my dick on everything I could find desu. Just because.

But that's wrong. Because the show started going different places and I stopped watching.

Im with this guy.finally sat down and started watching it. Im about 1/2 way through season 2 with two sittings.

I am envious of you guys and hope you continue to enjoy this show.

after season 2 it takes an incredible nosedive

So at what moment did House of Cards jump the shark?

This show peaked too early, they made him too powerful too quickly. Already being president as early at season 3 was stupid.

HELP HELP

Threechum with Meechum

am i the only guy who thinks that the main problem of the show is that underwood is not lovable villain anymore? first two seasons had some kind of twisted Indiana Jones vibe with all franks adventures. now its just dark and not playful abymore

MY TURN :)

the first scene where he strangles the dog

I AM THE DANGER, FRANK

The first two seasons are amazing because you're almost rooting for him to become President and reach the top, once that happened it stopped being exciting/fun. I think they should have dragged it on for a couple more seasons before they made him vicepresident/president.

>Random sex scene between two characters with zero chemistry ever
>Random sex scene with no reason whatsoever to take up 5 minutes of run time
>Random gay sex scene between a re-enactment kid and POTUS. Re-enactment kid then gets so butthurt he randomly decides to suicide-by-secretservice at the end

"modern" and "mature"

this
all the gay shit in this show ruined it

Is there a reason why the show continues to say 'ICCO/ICO' instead of just saying ISIS? We all know who they're referring too and they even portray Syria in the way it is in the real world.

THE WRITING HAS FALLEN

The first two seasons are pretty fucking good but I dropped this shit so hard after S3. I'm not feeling masochistic enough to catch up with it yet

that was a fake, ya big dummy

I think they just didn't know what to do when he reached president. It looked like not-Putin could be a good foil for a bit but I guess taking him down would be too amazing. And the wife is wasted potential too. Going full anti-Frank is one thing. This whole season was mess.

touching on this, what the fuck was that doug/leanne scene about? where the fuck did that come from?

It would be one thing if Frank being gay played an integral role in the plot but it's literally just THE PRESIDENT IS GAY CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW EDGY THIS SHOW IS??!!

maybe they try not to get caught in orson welles "war of the worlds" kind of situation
imagine some redneck turning on tv, going into other room to fuck a cousin and hearing a faux news report about isis bombing tenessee. i think you can get sued for this

my question is why was the scene with that black reporter chick sitting on the toilet and pissing and then going to over to kiss the other newguykid even necessary? As a matter of fact what even was the point of those two in general?

when the Americans made their version

It's a Netflix show tho

how does this season end? dont want to watch

MY TURN

You didn't pick up on the subtle sexual tension? Anyway, I think they both were in a pretty bad place mentally and wanted to shut down.

claire gets frank out of the office or something?
why does claire always fuck shit up

He says he wants more power so he resigns

Shit writing aside, who still /doug/ here?

Stop at the end of Season 2.

Trust me. Do not ever get curious to watch even the next episode of Season 3. Don't go onwards. Stop right at the very end. If you do you've arrived at kino hotel. Don't check out and leave.

Because if you do, you're walking out into some shitty territory.

The new showrunners don't seem to understand the appeal of HoC at all. No one wants retarded big reveals like this. What made the show good (once upon a time) was the audience being along for the ride with Frank and getting a behind-the-scenes insight into his schemes and methods. Not "haha it was me all along!" bullshit.

Season 2 is fucking garbage too you humongous pleb.
>No one saw Frank leaving the platform despite all the surveillance footage they recovered
>Frank's wife still had terrible subplots
>The President was a glorified red shirt
>Rachel's story with the church bitch was predictable as fuck
>DARNELL, PAROLE!
>The supposed "war" between Frank and Tusk was nothing more than a couple bitchy phone calls and a courtroom scene
>The woman whip and the black guy slept with each other for DRAMA despite the fact they had no real chemistry

You'll see a drop after s2, then a little revival with s4, and then a nosedive as the showrunners flip the motherfucking controls to Robin Wright.

s1 and s2 were fantastic.

When Lucas shot Frank which made Dunbar lose the Democratic Nomination

ahh now i see you're a triggered little white dick

reality hurts i guess

What is edgy about him being gay?

It was shitloads better than Season 3 onwards and you fucking know it.

If the show ended at Season 2 this would've been hailed as a pretty good show.

>would have been hailed as a pretty good show

Reddit love it though

Don't play stupid.

Reddit loves anything popular, and reddit doesn't know when to stop loving it.

This show looks awful why the fuck is it popular

>DUDE remember when I made it explicitly clear in s1 e1 that money and power are distinctively different? Remember when I derided and looked down on those that tried to influence politics from the private sector? Remember when I believed in the office of the presidency and repeatedly expressed that it was the pinnacle of power and my life goal? Remember when these principles were a defining cornerstone of my character? Well I've gone for a walk in the woods and I've changed my mind LMAO.

kek

It's the inherent flaw in Frank's philosophy; that the executive isn't just a turn-key for the real power brokers.

It also highlights how aimless the writing is, because Tusk has been able to regularly take giant shits on Frank since season 2. Why he ever thought he'd be able to strong-arm the ruling class as president is beyond me. He had more power as a whip.

>It's the inherent flaw in Frank's philosophy; that the executive isn't just a turn-key for the real power brokers.

Yeah I do agree with this. A guy as smart as Frank would realise that power and influence in elected office is actually very limited, just as real-world Frank Underwoods realise. But when you create a character with a fundamental belief that the presidency is the pinnacle, you better keep it that way. His arc is completely fucked at this point.

On the plus side, maybe this will breathe new life into the plot. Villain-of-the-week trying to topple President Frank was getting really fucking stale.

Yes Claire is the focus now, they've already said it's switching to her now dealing with the presidency and with Frank trying playing a part on the sidelines.

no, he's still about power, but the bohemian grove shit made him realize the real power is that secret society bilderberg shit, it's still linked to the presidency, but presidents are too exposed, he wants to rule in the shadows

Shit taste

TELL ME ABOUT THE PRESIDENT. WHY DOES HE DECLARE A DECLARATION OF WAR?

WHAT'S ON MY MIND?

Which totally contradicts his philosophy up to s5. He's been aware of guys like Tusk for years.

I could tell from season 3 episode 1 something was off and realized how little I gave a shit about anything outside of Franks plotting
Dropped it
Funnily enough I kinda want to watch this shit now because it sounds so awful

>lol remember how I told Tusk in season 2 how his money was not real power. I was actually wrong lmao
>I'm off to become an oligarch even though we have nowhere near the money for that. You can be president now

>frank is up to his neck in shady shit
>somehow his wife still has public support

how does that happen?

Whats really stupid is making your character seek a more subtle degree of power while making him much less subtle in every way with the way he acts

It died when David Fincher stopped directing after the second episode.

I stopped being /doug/ when he showed weakness by carving his initials under the Resolute desk drawer

Yeah, completely unrealistic that a husband and wife with years and years of shady shit going on and a trail of bodies get public support for political office.

Works for the Clintons.

can you really compare bill to frank though? i bet hillary wouldn't have a career if bill pulled half the shit frank did

Eh, S2 was still good, not as good as the first, but they made him the president too early. It's been downhill since then. not-Putin was the only thing I liked about 3.

>Cunt Underwood had every chance to win by herself if she was the candidate even before that initial "coup"
>could have spared them for committing most of their crimes
>I SABOTAGED MY OWN PRESIDENCY FOR YOU, CLAIRE!

Fucking stupid writing, Jesus Christ.

She could have became president if she backstabed Francis, but she was hesitant.