Hey remember how we all thought the new Thunderbolts series was gonna be good and instead it was a steaming piece of...

Hey remember how we all thought the new Thunderbolts series was gonna be good and instead it was a steaming piece of shit?

LET'S READ ISSUE TWO

Maybe this one will be better?

Malin's still on art

It isn't

That silouette makes Moonstone look like an Elseworlds Batcharacter.

God damn it, I really want to support the Bolts, they're one of my favorite teams in Marvel!

But the actual book is so shitty!

the art hurts my soul. The writing isn't any better

Yeah, I'd kill for Nicieza or Busiek to come back. Fuck man, I'd even take Ellisbolts back at this point

>All those letters going nuts over Bucky being in it
>Nobody cares about the OG Bolts

God damn it...

Who the fuck are they?

Is Parker still with Marvel? Parkerbolts was great.

Crystal and, looks like, her Inhuman sidekicks.

This art, those colors...
Is there so few good artists and colorists in the world?

Crystal and Gorgon were OG Inhumans, you're supposed to recognize them.

I think he's still doing Batman '66 at DC. Not sure though, he kept getting taken off books over there. His Aquaman was good, then they fucked it by giving it to Bunn

At least Abe has some lines this time.

cripled dude on hover chair
black character with white mohawk
dude with robotic hands

>that art

Did I fall through a time warp to the 90s?

It's just like GOTG v3, all fucking over again. At least that shit had McNiven.

The book continues to be dull as hell.

Decompression was a mistake.

Dunno, but I get the feeling that the intention is for them to be bumbling around like a bunch of idiots right now.
And I have to say I like the "we're helping!" idea. I mean, they acted on spotty Intel, botched the mission, endangered civilians, traumatised children, almost killed an ally and caused a diplomatic incident, it seems.
This could go entertaining places.

He's writing Future Quest

>This could go entertaining places.
Given how shitty both issues have been I'm going to say that you're wrong.

Call me an optimist. I have been entertained so far and will drop it as soon as I'm not.

its weird that this is so bad because zub's wayward over at image is pretty friggin good

This book feels like it fell straight out of the 90s.

It's not god-awful like Hellcat or Squirrel Girl, but it is uniquely dull. Compared even to the Beta-bolts time travel shenanigans story arc, very little seems to be happening and all the characters are pretty flat personality-wise.

Hey, it's that thing what was in the preview!

I honestly don't get Sup Forums's taste sometimes, I read this and it seems good. Go on Sup Forums and its all about how its shit with no explanation.

I have only read one issue of inhumans and i still recognise most of them

Too decompressed, Liefeldesque art, and plenty of not muh (Buskiek/Nicieza/Ellis/Parker)bolts.

What part of awful art, completely bogus direction and weak characterization makes it a good comic? Even fightbolts was better.

This, pretty much.

This book feels like it's the Thunderbolts' first rodeo, even though they team is older than most of the people on this board. It's a bit awkward to read. Atlas basically comes off as a big dumb brute, which hasn't ever really been true (though his fears of that have been part of character arc forever). The Thunderbolts have nearly two decades of history behind them, and this story just feels like a bland waste of their premise.

The art really, really doesn't help. Art doesn't absolutely break a good book, but Comicbooks are a visual medium. This doesn't mean the writing can't be important or take precedence, but it does mean that it's what dominates your interaction with the story. It just makes the whole endeavor kind of slog. And bad art with a bleh story?

Other than that, the entire issue is "Thunderbolts bumble around killing aliens, or I guess Inhumans." There's nothing particularly great about the writing, most of the lines are yelling at a super powered kid, devoted to them poorly eradicating some monsters, and then going back to plan B of just burning everything. Super superpowered kids interacting with adults has been done better, amusing fight banter has been better, and we're left wondering what the real point of this all is. Cliffhanger for next week, I suppose.

It's not terrible, but Thunderbolts carries a lot of weight to the name. I hold both the original series and the more recent Parkerbolts in high esteem as stories about Villains trying to turn over a new leaf, anti-heroes just doing as they do, and Villains taking advantage of the way society sees heroes. So far, there's nothing particularly good to be seen here. It's retreading ground with a team that's been handled much better before, and the only new piece to it, Kobik, comes off pretty bad in this issue. None of it is really engaging. Guy yells at a little girl. Some spice to it, something more interesting, would've been nice.

I guess it helps this is my first Thunderbolts series and I couldn't care less about art.

I will just continue being the only one who likes things, thanks to Thor I'm use to it. It is my curse to love shit...wait that came out wrong

I had a feeling I'd only keep up with this for Mach X and Atlas, looks like that feeling was right.

>reads comics
>couldn't care less about art
you are actually retarded

As someone who has read the previous Thunderbolts, I think people are exaggerating how bad this actually is by a lot. Especially the guy who says Fightbolts was better. Fightbolts is never better.

I'm trying to read it, I've opened up the file some 3 times but I just can't make it past Liefield's art. is it worth reading?

k

Caring about art over story, this is why comic fags are so hated

Parker is slow as fuck and it feels like he's DC exclusive whether he is or isn't.

>caring about visuals
>in a visual medium
>somehow bad

>caring about visuals in a visual medium

Yeah yeah, what a bunch of tools. Now scurry off and bother Sup Forums about their unnatural fixation with """cinematography""" or something.

This. It's not awesome and exciting, but it's not terrible, either.
So far things have been a bit meh, but I can't say it's worse than mediocre.
And I hope Bucky tries to educate this cosmic cube into being a proper hero-ish.

wow, this level of autism must suck to deal with.

>This art isn't 100% perfect by my standards

Oh somebody let her play Xbox, this explains the 180 with her personality.

>that fucking fist bump

I love the campy Leifeld art and that shit just made this book even better

>shithumans
dropped

I think this one was a little better if only because Bucky was the only character acting like a complete child (besides the actual child I guess).

I could see that. Zemo is bumbling a lot too in Spencer's stuff and he seems to be suggesting that he'll have to go back to being a hero. Maybe him coming in here and being leader would fix both sides of it, but they probably need to start moving more quickly if that's the idea.

>I guess it helps this is my first Thunderbolts

Go back and read the original run, with Kurt Busiek doing the writing. Its a night and day difference. Busiek;s stuff was phenomenal.

Hm. Red Skull does #justHitlerthings, Zemo sees what is coming there and leads the TBs against him.
Could work.

Nah, for the same reason with Silk and Spider-verse I want to stay happy.

>liking Spider-Verse

You're officially fucking retarded.

I think he means he won't go back and read Spider-verse so he can enjoy Silks character in her solo without it being tainted by that event.

Fuck off inhumemes

Profound sadness

There has to be some kind of twist here, otherwise it seems really pointless

I didn't see much that was bad about the art. The writing was shite though

>I didn't see much that was bad about the art.
Try opening your eyes.

Well...this continues being mediocre. Not outright awful, just really dull. Kobik wins the award for being the most obnoxious T-Bolts team daughter so far.

That letter by Chloe Smith is pure cringe material. In general it's pretty disheartening to see the lack of interest in the original T-Bolts albeit not entirely surprising and so far it's not like Zub has given them much reason to care.

> Maybe him coming in here and being leader would fix both sides of it
> Red Skull does #justHitlerthings, Zemo sees what is coming there and leads the TBs against him.

That's what I'd love to see happening.

But seeing Marvel's track record with crapping on Zemo's character development to prop up Bucky it's more likely that Zemo will return and get his ass kick to show how much better of a team leader Bucky is than Zemo or some crap like that.

Either way Zub has more or less confirmed already that we'll be seeing Zemo return in his Citizen V form on T-Bolts so we'll see his take on Zemo for good or for ill, and where this'll end up eventually.

That said, I'd honestly prefer Nick Spencer on the book if only because he's arguably shown more love and a better understanding of the T-Bolts in his Superior Foes of Spider-Man run than Zub so far.

Spencer's writing of Zemo being the exception, of course, though recent comments by him have made me feel a bit more hopeful that Spencer might have an actually decent plan for the character (provided that he pulls it off well).

>plop not written in all caps

explain

>a meme on the first page
Well were off to a good start

I think Brett Booth is probably the worst artist at the big two but I really dig this book's art

Honestly I'd say Booth is better than this guy, he just has a worse colorist.

I like Malin's art. Its triggering just the right nostalgia centers in my brain.

Really, it's the way that Kobik is written that I hate about this. Her new personality is so fucking obnoxious that its hard to read. I liked her well enough in Standoff! but this is just awful.

I think you're mistaking wanting "100% percent" with "not an active eyesore". Even mediocre art would be tolerable.

>fist bump
OK, fuck you guys, I'm enjoying this.

Kobik and Abe seem like completely different characters in this book.

We need more of that and less Bucky being an emotional abusive father

Your standards are obviously way to high

>this fucking art
okay i want to see a live picture of this artist because this just cant not be liefeld

>last panel
Aw man it feels like this could have been good at times.

You're missing out pal.OG Thunderbolts is great.

Being a human in the marvel universe is suffering.

This is fucking dogshit

Oh shit I didn't notice the starving African child I guess thus art isn't too great

You know, I don't blame the artist. I don't blame the writer. In the grand scheme of things, what CAN you do with an editorial mandate set involving Bucky and Inhumans and the overall tone of your first issue?

Anyone that thinks that this shit wasn't forced from On High as opposed to a story the author would REALLY want to start with is on drugs.

Poor status quo doesn't explain the butchering of Karla's character in #1 in particular

Flint, Indian dude who shoots slinkies, Naja, Crystal and Gorgon.

why the fuck do this wastes of space have to show up in every fucking book god fucking dammit

they are supposed to be famous right? like Wolverine and Storm famous?

The only inhumans I recognize are Black Bolt and Medusa because they have been in other books not because I read the dollar store mutants, If I wanted muggas I'll read X-men