New Avengers #12

A Civil War II tie-in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zvjzSu9RIcI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"I need you to find the Supreme Commander of AIM, who has all the resources that name implies!"
>"Can I get literally any help from another agent, or maybe question someone?"
>"Nope. Now get to work!"

sorry for sounding like a sjw (I am actually a conservative and not American), but Roberto was whitewashed completely. We have active X-Men storytime threads right now with New Mutants from the 80s and he was clearly a half black half white mulato with african features.

>Because Roberto Da Costa's always been halfway to a heel turn
Hey there, Reignfire doen't count, it was retconned into not being him.

A lot happens in 30 years, user.

>By the power of EXCELSIOR!
Bravo Ewing

>The platonic ideal of a "bad guy" wearing a flesh suit
Ewing making fun of how generic this cosmic menace is I see

The fuck is in Iron holding in his arms?

Is it the first time acknowledged that squirrels are not suited to superhero fights and they surely die a lot in crossfire?

Bendis is right that continuity means the best writers are held hostage by the worst, but that doesn't mean the good writers can't take the piss at bad ideas.

Being black was literally part of his origin right? Like how he was treated

>black guy beating on folks
>ewing
haha, no thanks.

I dunno, going by literally the page above you, he's still got pretty dark skin.

>getting triggered by a superhero taking out henchmen

SCAT
C
A
T

Really, Hill? After all the shit you pulled last month, you think You're taking the high ground here?

Pretty much all the squirrels died in Great Lake Avengers. In fact, that's what makes Tippy Toe so special, she was the only one who survived.

I have good news for you then. He's not mulato, or african.

He's Brazillian, not african. Their tan is agressively "come and go". Therefore he can go from almost black to almost white depending on how much sun he's been getting lately

Feels kind of stupid that they can just deal with a Celestial with "All our powers together now".

Celestials were once a thing where Thor hitting one with all his power couldn't really damage it, and he was basically the strongest hero.

Now all the cosmic entities in the franchise are just giant things to beat up effortlessly by the heroes on Earth, when previously they were untouchable entities that spoke to a greater lore of the universe, and made everything feel much bigger by showing how far down humans were on the scales at times.

When I read New Mutants he looked to me rather like dark-skinned latino guy. Or rather this was inflicted by his behaviour.

I'm conflicted on how Ewing writes The Maker. On the other hand, he was a pretty serious character when written well. On the other hand, he's still competent even while being written as a cartoon character, and I like to think he's doing it on purpose.

>Hellstrom readying the magical volleyball
>Wiccan set up for the serve

MUH SQUIRRELS

Blame Bendis, user.

I don't think Paibok and these guys are the kind that would be content sitting around waiting and doing nothing all day.

This is getting ham-fisted

White Tiger is still under The Hand's control, and they told her to basically do whatever he says.

they got you there

I'm reminded of Incredible.

>sorry for sounding like a sjw (I am actually a conservative and not American)

No one cares. Just jump to your point and move on.

youtube.com/watch?v=zvjzSu9RIcI

>Three days later congress aproves funding for a ANTI CAVIAR EAGLE DEFENSE AVENGERS team

>Songbird still wearing her Thunderbolts belt

She doesn't know about the rest of the team, right?

Oh shit, I know *that* font.

OK. I giggled like an idiot at the ringtone he set for Roberto.

The power creep is real.

well, there's two explanations for that which you can take over than "lolbendis"

On one hand, they don't defeat him with a group spell. They defeat the rift the celestial depends on to manifest, which takes considerably less effort

On the other hand, there's "cosmic" and then there's "cosmic". By which I mean, Cosmics mostly exist on a metaphysical level, and their manifestation onto our plane begins with an avatar that isn't as powerful as they are, but grows progressively strongers. Like a "fingernail in our reality"

>He comes in slices

That will never stop being funny.

We don't know if its an actual Celestial, not even Dr. Strange knows. They just call it Celestial Destructor because it needed a name.

I've got a feeling that will happen to him in the end. Like an extralong brick joke.

YUU

ASS

AYY

Are you new to this book?

New avengers has always been "HAM, THE MUSICAL"

I hate it when event comics kill off characters

Could someone storytime the Civil War II: Spider-Man issue? It's by Gage, not Slott, so it should be good.

I dunno, he seems to just be mentioning what happened at the end of Secret Wars. Doing it twice wouldn't be as funny.

Mentioning continuity and joking about it is Ewing-like.
Mentioning something that just happened in the past each time is not. Unless it will take a role in the future when we'll get used and won't pay enough attention to it anymore. In an incredible and, given the New Avengers tone, hilarious way. That is something Al would do.
At least in my opinion.

The mistake you are making is thinking that today's creator's give any fucks about what happened in any series/ character past before they took it over.

Wow, Ewing is taking the shit out of Bendis' lazy writing, I love it.

Ewing gave a master class on magic in Agent of Asgard, as Magic = Meta

So whenever someone like that shows up, expect comentary

He was Afro-Brazilian

I still need to catch up on that series. I'm embarrassed to say I was completely ignorant of Ewing until American Kaiju slapped me across the face and made me pay attention. Now I'm scrambling to pick up his books I missed.

rats vs squirrel..soon

Oh my god I didn't even realize that's what he's building up to, isn't it?

It's gonna be spectacular.

>SOME KIND OF MACHINE CODE?

When will be given a reason for why these guys are working for Maker (White Tiger aside)? They're just standing around posing while Maker speechifies, won't they get bored?

So let's see if I get this right

It's Paibok vs Hulkling,
Asti vs Wiccan,
Angar vs Songbird
White Tiger vs White Tiger
Skar vs Pod
Vermin vs Squirrel Girl
Maker vs DaCosta
Aaaaaaaand
Omnicron vs .. Hawkeye?

>The platonic ideal of a "bad guy" wearing a flesh suit
So basically the Celestial Destructor was the physical manifestation of an Event-tier Big Bad? Which would mean that in the untampered timeline (the one where Ulysses didn't interfere), we would have basically just gotten a full event comic about all the superheroes teaming up to take it down, but because Ulysses interfered, we got Civil War II instead.

So instead of superheroes uniting against the Big Bad, Ulysses caused the Big Bad to get taken out prematurely, resulting in Thanos having to take the role as the Event Big Bad, then when THAT was also taken care of, we'll likely get Hulk as the event Big Bad, but then once Hawkeye kills Banner thanks to Ulysses, all that'll be left is Civil War since the heroes won't have anything left to unite against?

I actually rather like that idea. The universe keeps trying to give the superheroes a foe for them to put aside their differences and work together to beat but because of Ulysses' visions, they never get the opportunity, leaving them with nothing but each other to fight against.

As always, Ewing is salvaging Bendis' garbage.

I love the zebra kids, too bad they can't have Thor and Hyperion bro it up with them anymore

Skar? Who the fuck is Skar?
>last major appearance was in Amazing Adventures 1974

Hot damn.

THE MAKER

OH MY GOD

THE MAKER

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

It's basically Final Destination with an equivalent of Pratchett's Death, trying to restore the order of things frantically while the fucking heroes shit all over his work.
Wouldn't be surprised if we got a scene with Molecule Man tossing a controller and materialising in 616 to kill Ulysses.

Shit like this is why her job's on the line.
Should we start a betting pool over who the next SHIELD leader's going to be?

The quips are off the hook on this one

Where can I go to read this online for free?

Is this supposed to be Skar from Killraven's alternate future, or the 616 Skar that showed up in the 90s?
Regardless, pretty damn obscure, I wonder why Ewing is using him.

>I wonder why Ewing is using him
He's trying to make an anti-New Avengers team. POD doesn't have any arch-enemies though, so he presumably went "I need someone with a hole for a face" to match POD aesthetically.

Also he's a Weapon of Mars and POD was created by Ex Nihilo's martian evolution bombs.

So they both have somewhat martian origins, both are living weapons, and both have that same hole-face look except one is all robotic while the other is all-organic. All told, its actually a pretty good for an Anti-POD.

The way the official Marvel wiki was linking me took me to his 691 page, and also the page that mentioned 616 recently got a bunch of alternate universe characters rolled in. Plus, that Skar was actually from Mars while the 616 one from 1994 was just a space pirate. We'll see, though!

Since when did colossus get a beard? Is this the future one from Bendis run?

Hawkeye is the designated jobber who gets taken out early to establish how badass the New Revengers are.
Either that, or he bows out of the book because the rumors of him being involved in Civil War II's main plot are true.

>Using the power corrupts argument when you run Shield
That's so hypocritical you can literally smell the bullshit. Goddamn I hate Maria.

>Either that, or he bows out of the book because the rumors of him being involved in Civil War II's main plot are true.
Hawkeye leaves when Wiccan gets contacted by AIM kind of implies he won't be involved in New Avengers anymore. Damn I guess Clint really is gonna killl Banner.

You should read his Mighty Avengers. The secret wars tie in that ended that series is probably my favorite issue in the past 5 years.

>Because A.I.M. is A.I.M. Is A.I.M.

Having a stroke, Maria?

In the words of Prince...

You sexy mother.

>Best writers are held hostage by the worst
He does know that he's the one holding hostages, right?

>WHISPER insect dude has vids of Songbird, Squirrel Girl and White Tiger in the bathroom

That is a happy Orrgo

Do you think Hulkling poops? I mean, he's a physical manifestation of Wiccan's ideal boyfriend, right?

I have a new found appreciation for the New Mutants.

>people actually like this garbage

Hulkling ate a lot of food in the previous numbers so I assume he can poop. Now the question is if POD poops.