Explains absolutely nothing

>explains absolutely nothing
>somehow still counts as good writing

Wew, i'm glad i only watched 1 episode

>I need muh answersss I'm a huge faggot wahhh

lindelof already said he wouldn't be explaining anything

he covered his ass pretty well this time around so at the end of the day he can say "told ya so" when his shit writing leads to nowhere

>wahhhh it's so vague and doesn't spoon-feed me anything
Maybe walking dead is more your speed

walking dead is better than the leftovers

>Before the show premiers Lindelof says the sudden departure will never be explained
>Based on a novel where the sudden departure is never explained
>A character piece that doesn't focus on the mystery itself but how it has an effect on the characters
>Even then potential solution to some of the mystery is still presented
>Plebs STILL complain

Fuck off you intellectually deprived plebeian faggot plotfag piece of shit.

Isn't this written by lindelof? What did you expect? Fucking Lostfags.

>The same episode and plot lines every episode beat for beat
>Better

It makes me laugh how eager leftovers fans are to circlejerk about 'lol I dont care let the mystery be xd, anyone who questions is a pleb pure kino'

Damn I was going to watch this because I heard good things but if they never explain anything then what's the point?

>lindelof
what did you expect

>I need muh answersss! I suck dick and like dick in my butt wahh

>people like you actually exist
jesus christ

I don't know why you think good writing involves tying up every loose thread so that even retarded children can understand.

>dude it's so deep it doesnt need to be explained lmao

>fags thinking explaining the departure would be good
Please tell me how they could have resolved the departure aspect without it being fucking retarded

There's nothing to spoon feed lmfao
That's the problem
I don't care about people problems, give me something interesting, not this shit

So what you're saying is that user is right?

who are you quoting?
when did i imply that The Leftovers is deep?

>It turns out Kevin, that WE.... Are the The Leftovers..

so what's the appeal of this show? why is it so acclaimed on Sup Forums? genuinely curious

ultimate pleb filter the series

Excuse me, I'm look for a safe thread to cry in when the shows I watch don't have car chases and explosions. Have any of you seen it?

You guys realize that then tying up all loose ends just backs you in a corner. That's exactly what happened in LOST

bump because it's the truth. this leftovers meme needs to end. it's absolute gargbage created for the lowest braindead audience possible

walking dead is shit, but it's far better than leftovers

>i need muh interesting ashhh

Nah you're a fag lad

it only happens with Lindelof shows cause he can't write for shit.

Did Nora go to the other side?

hahaha thanks man. I can safely disregard any dissenting opinion you might have now, because I know that you think The Walking Dead is watchable.

hahahaha man that's funny.

Kevin's whole story is very interesting tho? And the interlocking stories of the people around him, I'm interested, they interest me.

Not ONE of you can even form an argument to defend this shit show. It's hilarious how butthurt you are.

Why did you watch it if you didn't like it

It's a transcendent masterpiece of exploring themes of existentialism and spiritualism whilst still remaining cinematically interesting and having diverse, well written and interesting characters.

Fuck off.

Here's one

It's better than leftovers and it's terrible, that's the point you imbecile. Even Walking Shit is better than Leftovers that's how bad it is.

Protip: Writing "hahahahahaha" just makes you look even more butthurt by my comment and shows how immature you are. You literally just shot yourself in the foot.
>seething

>all those buzzwords

They're either lostfags still in nostalgia or straight out redditors. I've seen serious comparisons to Sopranos even.

The only interesting thing was the departure
At least they explain what happend
But outside of that everything that people suffers or go through because of that single event is so forced
At the end of season 1 everybody went batshit insane because the cultists made dolls that looked like the departed, I couldn't buy that shit

>watches a show he thinks is terrible

Why?

Everybody ITT should watch the first episode of Leftovers just to see how shit it is with their own eyes. Don't listen to anyone, watch it yourself and decide.

>Hurr can't even defend your argument
>does it
>hurr can't use those words

Why do you think the Leftovers is bad?

We've established that not answering questions that you never set out to answer in the first place isn't bad writing.

Please form an argument as to why none of them apply then, Sup Forumseddit scum

They didn't explain what happened

They explained where they went

If you believe Nora that is, which is dumb and retarded cos she obviously lied

Are you autistic? real talk

I watched the first season of WD then quit because it's awful.

I watched 3 episodes of Leftovers and wanted to punch myself in the face.

I give all shows an equal chance and ignore others' opinions. I'm this guy . Imo everybody should watch it and decide for themselves. It's awful, but you decide.

Why would she lie ?

The pilot for The Leftovers is regarded by fans as probably the worst episode

Why are you commenting on the ending when you only watched 3 episodes?

I didn't comment on the ending, I commented on the quality of the show.

>hurr ignore the mysteries
>hurr it's all about da characterz

walking dead has better characters than leftovers lmao

It is a genuinely good show about how people deal with shit that fly in the face of all logic and reason. It is very much like lost only it was clear from the start that there wasn't going to be any big payoff where everything is revealed because what is interesting isn't why millions of people suddenly disappeared but rather how everyone else deals with that event.

Loads of people just expect answers because, everything that is unexplained has to have answers in their world. Like, to them if something is unexplained it is just meaningless.

Real talk: I respect anyone with intelligent and well thought out critiques of the show, it isn't flawless and these things can be subjective. However the the shallowness of your posts in this thread and your clear lack of any kind taste suggests to me that you simply aren't very clever. You keep responding by saying 'it's shit' but you can't offer any kind of coherent critique. It seems to me that you are just a mediocre at best human being desperately trying to convince everyone in this thread that the show isn't good because you don't like it. If the show is actually good in spite of that fact, to which the general consensus amongst the critical community suggests it is, then that would seem to mean that you simply are just someone lacking the intellectual capacity to appreciate anything more than mindless entertainment.

There's nothing wrong with being dumb but dumb people shouldn't infringe on actual attempts at intelligent discussion, fuck off back to a meme thread and never post in a Leftovers thread again.

and this is why i hate summer

Because she went into hiding for years out of embarrassment

Doesn't make sense that she is the only person that went back through the machine

>how people deal with shit that fly in the face of all logic and reason
The way people deal with it is unrealistic and forced to create drama to keep the show running on something, because the characters are bland and boring
How the fuck people defend this shit is beyond me, people used to have standards but not anymore, I guess that's whath appens when your board is run over by Sup Forumstards and reddit

>The way people deal with it is unrealistic and forced

Why do you think that?

The confusion and lack of answers matches the experience of the characters. Not everything needs answers or has them. Not everyone is an autist who needs their hand held for everything.

That's the most idiotic approach someone can possibly take on shows like LOST and the average Lindelof crap. Devices and settings for storytelling are fine, often great when used properly. This is not the case for Lindelof obviously, his only tool to develop characters is to abuse the device instead of meaningful interactions to change their point o view. He also has the awful habit of teasing for answers to distract the viewer and fill the blanks left by his lack of talent.

This show is by no means a complete piece of garbage, but it's nothing more than what Lindelof has shown before.

Your headcannon makes even less sense

Hard to judge the quality of 28 episodes when you only watched 3

Weird being in a thread after it's over criticising it when you only watched a tiny portion

Watch the show again
The cults, all the violence, all forced just for the sake of creating drama
Just be a little bit more critic about what yo uare watching and you will understand

>The way people deal with it is unrealistic and forced

in what way is it do you feel is unrealistic and forced? Give an example or two. I am genuinely interested in your perspective on this show and want to hear your thoughts in the matter.

Is Sky Atlantic showing The Leftovers S3? I'm not seeing it listed or any advertisement at all for it really.

Makes less sense than having a machine that can take the 2% back home to their family and nobody using it?

I rewatched the show before the start of season 3. Can you explain what you mean by "forced"? We'll leave unrealistic aside since the premise is fictional and thus we can't say one way or the other how realistic it is.

See

That post doesn't really explain anything though, it just repeats that it was somehow forced.

It's unrealistic because people wouldn't behave like that, simple as that
What the fuck happend to this place that I have to explain why it's unrealistic ?

how about instead i post mike matei 10 inch dick?

What do you need explained? Trying to convince circlejerks is always a mess, you'll ignore every possible argument and keep repeating the same shit over and over instead of getting past denial.

You're literally autistic

>It's unrealistic because people wouldn't behave like that,

Why do you think that? What's the basis for your indignation? You might start now recalling examples of loss but this isn't just a case of loss, it's a case of mysterious loss on a mass scale. I don't feel like you're understanding the depth of the situation.

>kevin is jesus

LOL NEVERMIND FORGET THAT ACCEPT DA MYSTERY LMAO

You plebians know exactly what he means and are just acting dumb because you have no real excuse to what he claimed
This show is fucking shit

>What do you need explained?

Like we've said several times now, we need the term "forced" explained. It's completely meaningless without context.

How do you know how people would react if 200m people vanished unexplainedly

I really don't. If you know what he means can you maybe explain?

If you really think people behave like the way they do in this show you are fucking insane or maybe you don't interact with people at all

Kevin is Jesus tho

No, what you want is a thesis to waste time instead of proving actual arguments. It's comical how you complains about the lack of those when your main point is questioning what was provided instead of making your own points to defend this series yourself.
It's always the same story with circlejerks, you'll stay in denial forever and drag the discussion once you can't defend things anymore.

See

>If you really think people behave like the way they do in this show

They obviously don't, but on the other hand, 2% of the population hasn't inexplicably disappeared without a trace. The people on the show are effected as much by the implications of the departure as they are the departure itself, that's been made clear often.

Everything is forced lmao

Don't expect to explain how lmao xd

I just want an explanation of the key term you used. Feel free to keep that to less than 100 words. If you can't explain it because it's just a word you threw out at random then just say so, there's no shame here, we don't even know who you are, we won't recognise you in other threads.

stop talking about the departure, it doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is the characters

Exactly, the show is shit because they create cheap drama out of it with unrealistic scenarios

How the characters feel about the departure is completely encapsulated by character writing.

But it's fiction.

the characters feelings about the departure do not matter, the only things that matter are the characters

Why do you think the drama is cheap?

Please stop making baseless assertions and then getting mad when we ask you to elaborate on them, it's very childish.

Because it's unrealistic
I just explained that
Pay attention

But the characters' feelings are part of the characters. It's their feelings.

their feelings don't matter you pleb, don't you understand this show is only about the characters?

I think overall the show was amazing but the ending is the plebbiest it could have been. I mean, if somebody was already fucking watching it and following it, they didn't need an explanation. Providing it they ruined everything that came with the vagueness. Not to mention the fact that they basically threw most of the previously recurring things into garbage with the last episode just to explain the departures. God fucking damn HBO, if we only had one more season.

>b-but m-muh mysteries

LOST ending all over again

But how can you know it's unrealistic, the premise is science fiction. Even if it were unrealistic, many of the characters have been shown on various occasions to be mentally unstable, their actions don't have to be rational to be reasonable.

So the nigger family ended up being completely pointless and filler? As was all of s2 and 3 basically.

B R A V O

The show itself is garbage
The ending was ok