What a finale lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2017/06/leftovers-finale-behind-the-scenes-exclusive.html
youtube.com/watch?v=uh5WhfiR78k
uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-leftovers-series-finale-recap-review-the-book-of-nora/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

meh finale at best. and i love the show

vulture.com/2017/06/leftovers-finale-behind-the-scenes-exclusive.html

What's with half this show being told in anecdotes that we've never seen or heard?

That first scene with Nora and Matt ("bravest girl in the world") was probably the worst written thing I've ever seen. Essentially just cramming history to remind us they love each other (Mattlibs).

youtube.com/watch?v=uh5WhfiR78k

Talentless shit,that bascially fucked us all with LOST, new show does not explain shit...WHAT A SUPRISE.

A P O L O G I Z E

I remember when this show was about a white male. Now in the fucking finale he's relegated to a side character.

Progressivism killed this show. Imagine the kino we could have got if the show didn't become cucked to fuck after season one.

I still remember the Kevin Garvey show and it was GOAT.

wouldn't mind them not explaining it (nothing really needs explained) if they had at least resolved kevin's story

Just do something more than talking slowly for the last 20 min..

While i liked reunion of Kevin and Nora, episode 7 would have been a better finale especially the last minutes.

Nora is a really great character though. Both of their stories had a really satisfying ending and Kevin had a good amount of time in the finale.

I wish we actually went to the parallel universe or whatever where the Departed went instead of Nora just telling us what she saw.

Oh well.

Finale was shit apart from the final scene

I think this episode almost felt like an epilog, I was 100% fine with it.

>implying she went

What's to resolve? Nothing happpened on the 7th anniversary so he just went on with his life

Was there more than the boring dialogue at the end?

>if they had at least resolved kevin's story
They did... What the hell were you watching?

Kevin has a sword fight with God

They really didn't.

Was it real or was it mental illness?

>if they had at least resolved kevin's story
The entirety of ep 7 was about this.
And a little bit about how Kevin Sr is fucking insane.

Was what real? His resurrections? Yeah

He was clearly mentally unstable too

I wanted to, but then I watched the finale.

If it is real, then his only real mental instability was his repressed suicidal desires.

Who wasn't mentally unstable in S3?

Did you forget when he was convinced he found Evie?

Pretty sure Dean wasn't real either

I'm pretty sure Nora was lying but it still makes little sense.

So she yelled STOP because she got cold feet just like the doctors knew she would, the machine stopped and she didn't go through. Then for some reason she told Matt to go back home without her and to tell everyone that she died, just because Kevin was mean to her a few weeks earlier, I guess? Seems kind of out of character.

>Pretty sure Dean wasn't real either
Tommy shoots him, Jill acknowledges him in S1 and he speaks at the town meeting in S1, he is certainly real.

But if he really was that mentally ill to the point he's having full blown delusions like that, it seems kind of bullshit to swipe it under the rug in the last episode.

Better or worse?

What did you want? A scene with him going into therapy or the loony bin?

Yes actually, that would've been far more satisfying and cathartic, would've been much more consistent with the rest of the show and would've been a very unique way to wrap the show up.

The finale they went with is better.

Those are terrible. Maybe the first one is acceptable, if they can twist it well

Number 2 would probably cause somebody to kill Lindelof

He's baiting dude be nice to him. Let the kid bait come on.

>all the scientists high-five
Top shelf comedy.

The ending we got is fine.

Sorry Damon

>implying she didn't

I liked it up until old Nora, didn't like it until Kevin showed up, liked it once they danced, then loved it after she freed the goat. Very uneven but I'm satisfied with the finale.

Sorry Lindelof

I was worried for a bit until the last 30 mins

It's a pretty good finale.
I love that it's up to you to believe whether she went to the "other side" or she didn't.

But like she says, it's all about perspective. On the other side 98% of the people vanished but the ones who were left behind thought they were the lucky ones. Instead, in the real world, the 98% of the people who didn't disappear think they are fucking unlucky.

I liked it honestly.

I stopped watching after episode 4 of S1 and I'm glad i did, ending sounds retarded as fuck 2bh

Coon and Theroux pretty much sealed an emmy win I think. The show will probably win best drama as well.

>remember that baseball game Nora?

Doesn't help that it was topped by the preceding two episodes in quality and themes. Still, I liked the resolution, found it satisfying and I like that people will argue over interpretations of Nora's account.

Based sepinwall does it again

uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-leftovers-series-finale-recap-review-the-book-of-nora/

I wonder if the pacing would have been better if they had put the beginning scenes of episode 8 at the tail end (or some kind of after credits sequence) of episode 7, then just let episode 8 be all those years later in Australia.

I cried.

After all the pain it's all okay...

>remember our hamster Mr. Fucking Funny?

So, what, the world split into two parallel dimensions and people were divided 98-2 between them?
That's the big revelation? No explanation as to why or how? All the mystical shit is just left hanging?
Fuck man, explain to me how this isn't just Lost 2: The Lindelof Boogaloo.

fourth one is objectively the best and better than the actual finale. it actually tells us she went there and that the "other side" exists. Fuck with this "muh ambiguity" shit

LOST will always be superior, because it didn't end with "open to interpretation" fucking bullshit.

No, its gonna be the handmaids tale because of muhwomen.

> No explanation as to why or how?

This is a stupid expectation, what kind of reason could they give that wouldn't be a cop out? Seriously, what would be an explanation for this?

>I wanted every single mystery to be explained to me in detail
>even though this wouldn't actually be satisfactory and I would just bitch about how stupid it is and how my idea was better and oh my god what a stupid twist what the fuck REEEE
>didn't just let the mystery be

stick with your capeshit, kiddies

>The show will probably win best drama
are you fucking kidding me you dumb fucking faggot? last year game of thrones won. Game Of fucking thrones. Leftovers has no chance.

God, aliens, the world being a computer simulation, whatever the fuck.
Something more than 'it happened because it happened I dunno LOL ¯\(°_o)/¯'.

It's ambiguous whether that's true. And I think the real point is that it didn't matter. If the 2% were somewhere else, Nora wouldn't belong there after all that time. They would have moved on. And if they were nowhere, they were as good as dead. That's the real conclusion to come to at the end. It's not always about the cause, the story is about the effects of the event and the philosophical quandaries it forces the characters to consider. Ranging from whether you can validly take a rationalist view, how much you can trust your own perception when you can't explain something, the absurdity of existence that is only brought into your view when some people disappear without trace and you're left to question not just why they're no longer around, but why anybody is here in the first place.

Game Of Thrones won't be eligible this year.

That's why they left it ambiguous, its a no-win situation trying to actually explain it.

>It's ambiguous whether that's true.
why are redditors so braindead.

If you think this finale was ambiguous you might have downs

Glad they didn't do those

Just let the mystery be

Lost was better

I thought this same shit last year after the well scene and the karaoke scene but then Justin Theroux didn't even get nominated baka

Kevin Sr must have fled Australia ASAP

WHY THE FUCK WOULD NORA LIE ABOUT BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE IT MAKES NO SENSE

It's actually one of the strenghts of the show. That in some climaxes we get a character telling us a stort from the bottom of their hart, and this moment is highlighted with a great performance and great music (as opposed to showing you a flashback) so the entire scene becomes drived by emotion instead of just visuals. Tell me other show that does this.

Embarrassment

>inb4 all about the characters fag

she didn't go through with the experiment

after Kevin came looking for her she makes up a "nice story" (remember that scene with the nurse) as to why she didn't return to him

I just saw it. Im still crying. Why?

Why would Nora lie? Kevin wanted her back regardless.

The point is for it to remain ambiguous.

You really believe what she said?

Nora is probably too embarrassed to say at she backed off at the end...
I was buying it until she said that "I told the guy to build a machine to bring me back. He already knew how to"

Jesus it's like she didn't even try there. Plus she actually ASKS if Kevin believes her.
She KNOWS he's gonna say yes because Kevin has been looking for her for fucking ages, she just wants to hear someone believe her, even if she's just throwing out bullshit left and right

I can accept the resolution of the departures however dumb or "vague" it is, but why in the fuck was Kevin's "can't die" deal abandoned?

>why in the fuck was Kevin's "can't die" deal abandoned

it wasn't abandoned, it just didn't matter, it was about the characters

You can tell she lied by the way she reacted when Kevin said he believed her. Even after a bullshit story like that Kevin still trusts her and just wants to focus on the future with her.

FUCK YOU LINDELOOOOOOOOF

You just have to be plain retarded.
It was abandoned, he literally blew up afterlife with himself in it.

Thank god. Othetwise we would have another retard needing the themes of the show to be spoonfed to him.

He could die after he blew up the purgatory place, that's why he mentioned his heart disease

>Every Nora episode is a great episode

prove me wrong, faggots

Except it is. You were watching the show the wrong way.

>muh plot
>muh mysteries
>muh answers

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what a hot filter garbage, literally was shitposting while watching, thats how shit was

>implying "it was about the characters" isn't the oldest cop out used by writers to basically say "we had no fucking plan or knew where to go with anything after a certain point"

Perhaps you're too young for this board.

I can't, you're absolutely right.

The time during the wedding when Kevin mentions he had heart surgery I was fucking convinced Nora was in an afterlife scenario having lived there a long ass time and accepting it as a reality. This would have been more interesting I think.

2qt4me

if that naked scene wasn't a body double she is literally 11/10 wife material

I don't know if you retards are baiting or you are actually this stupid.

>implying every Kevin, Matt, Nora or Kevin's dad episode isn't GOAT
In season 3 they even managed to make amazing episodes out of Laurie.

>Lindelof: Absolutely, but then I also feel like it's a cop-out to say "It's whatever you want it to be." I certainly get frustrated when people say that it can be read both ways. And while it is true here, that it can be read both ways, I'll say that we had to have a very defined intention in our writing and I am very clear on what our intention was. All of the writers would unanimously agree that when we broke the story and the script that our intention was rock solid, at least when it came to "Is Nora's story true?" By the metrics of truth. Did that happen? There's version A where she didn't go through -- either the machine didn't work or she stopped them from sending her through -- and she basically went into self-imposed exile and has been living this whole time off the grid. The other version is that she did go through and everything she says to Kevin quite literally happened. Those are the two fundamental possibilities and we had a very clear intention was writers as which one happened.

Lindelof gonna Lindelof

question

is he actually retarded?

>>Now here's something that's interesting. Mimi Leder and I, she directed the episode, and Carrie Coon and I, never had the conversation you and I are having now. Which is what is true? Carrie never asked and Mimi never asked. And as we talked about it we sort of all tip-toed around things and just said "You've read the material and there it is." The reason The Leftovers turned out the way it did is because I trust Mimi more than anyone. And certainly the actors too, I'm not going to tell you what our intention was. Let's see what you get out of it. And then when we were standing there down in Australia and Perrotta and I were in video village with Mimi as Carrie played the scene with Justin for the first time, and Kevin says "I believe you" and Nora seems surprised and says "You do?" and he says "Of course, why wouldn't I believe you? You're here." As I was standing there, I'm not telling you what my intention was or wasn't, but I was like "I kind of believe her too," you know?

Season 3's first Nora ep wasn't nearly as good as Lens or Guest.

>Is that because I want to believe her? Has Carrie's intention now trumped my intention or confirmed my intention? Does that matter? What is the fundamental nature of truth? Oh my god, I need to go have a cup of coffee! [Laughs] I guess that my answer is that I think that it's amazing that you guys are all talking about that, and that some people are even saying that it doesn't matter to me if it's not literally true. What matters to me is that the story enables Kevin and Nora to be together. And other people will say that it absolutely 1000% matters to me. I need to know whether or not it's true so now let's go through Nora's story beat by beat and determine the legitimacy of it. There's space for that too. I do think that others have asked me over the past couple days, about the finale, "Where are you, Damon, on whether or not Nora's story is true?" and again I think the one thing that's unfair to describe here is my intention. But what I will say that now that I'm watching it alongside everyone else is that I want to believe it. And we'll leave it at that.

Retarded, pretentious, or trolling

It wasn't, it's all her.

>Inside the truck itself, it is just Coon and Chris Cuevas. “Carrie, I’m going to be physically closer when you first step in,” he says.
>“Can’t wait!” she says, joking but edgy. “Just watch it or you’re gonna get some merkin in your teeth.”
>When Coon emerges from a set of takes in a robe, Lindelof tells her, “Looking good.”
>“Great,” Coon says with a smirk.
>“I mean the way you’re playing it!” he adds quickly. “It’s like you’re seeing it for the first time.”

>Absolutely, but then I also feel like it's a cop-out to say "It's whatever you want it to be."

>I'm not going to tell you what our intention was. Let's see what you get out of it.