Delete this

So what Comes out of Katie?

Nah

C...Cewd?

That's one taboo yet to be overcome..

"All gays are handsome / pretty".

Imagine being ugly and gay.

>tfw Powerpack series will never be popular

The comic books would definitely make a great cartoon series. Too bad Marvel doesnt care about the series much.

Say it with me .. cute

>all capeshit heroes are handsome and pretty
Its part of what makes them better than us

balls

Big Bertha? Martian? Thing? Thinking about it Marvel have more not so pretty heroes...

imagine having a rainbow colored power and not be gay.

Almost as cute as Katie!

Lewt.

this one would be funnier but it requires her to be stupid about the fact that she has powers

Post the edits!

Isn't that rainbow chick married to a skrull?

in the good old days gays were usually funnylookin. like uncle albert from bewitched, yknow? or carol burnett. not saying she munched carpet but she was what dykes looked like back then

Indeed she is.

>The girl with rainbow powers is a lesbian

Real subtle, Marvel.

IIRC Peter's ex-boss is gay and "not great looking".

the gay cop's husband in Scarlet Spider, too.

For a little bit but she is single now

theyre kinda repetitive

What's up with the inconsistent hair color?

Aren`t there five or six pages of a continuous story? How they start, how they include more and more people, how they deal with it? I've never read a powerback comic, so I'd like to think the edits are the real story.

*power pack

originally they were all kind of uniformly strawberry blonde, being related and all, and their size and hairstyles told them apart. but in the newer stuff they try to set them apart further by hair color

yeah but we've all seen them many times by now, and the same pages are re-re-re-edited for different ones.
it's like, guys, come up with your own story, i will draw it for you. i'm no gurihiru but my prices are better

>we've all seen them many times by now

Actually, I can't find them anywhere. Do you happen to know where I can find them?

alright perhaps it behooves someone to post them all again.

We shall see, user.
We shall see.

s'just a butt. errybody got a butt

it's.. pretty popular

I'd be interested in seeing Jack 'make some smoke', if there's any art of such a thing out there.

unless Katie's coughing from it, that's gonna be just you, guy

This is how good sisters should act

what a fucked up picture.. i mean.. why the fuck is that guy's mouth green?

The Power Pack could have been so much, much bigger than it is and has been.

>imagine having a rainbow colored power and not be gay.
This. Making Julie gay is such an incredible cop out I have a hard time imagining anyone being happy with it.

Claremont or Byrne?

what am i looking at? what is this?

just think of it as a rebellious teen phase

60s comics didn't give any fucks

what comic is this?

The Power Pack

Gwenpool Power Pack crossover when?

>60s
>its from the 80s and is an edit

shh
also, same thing.

I know people who do this as a form of trolling relatives.

dawww

>Big Bertha?
Is a super model on her time off.

God, it's like when somebody decided Element Lad was gay because he wore pink, and then people just kinda ran with that.

Comedy gold.

not barda, bertha

it's really hard working out the rules of how something "actually works" when it's defined entirely by people's own claims, no matter how contrary to their behavior, of what they FEEL

I wasn't expecting that holy fuck

Has anyone heard if the current Avatar volume-comics have come to a end?

It's a shame there aren't many child main characters in comics

Another reason why Buckynator 2000 (Winter Soldier) is a piece of crap. They shouldn't have aged him up. If they wanted to bring in Bucky, they could have dropped in a Patchworld version and have him run around like the 1960's Robin. Granted, there's a few years difference in publishing dates, but bringing back Bucky is like digging up Uncle Ben Parker. It's just wrong.

But the rainbow wasn't the gay symbol until (I guess) somewhere around 2000. Before that it was just lumped together with everything else that was thought of as less then what men should get to play with, was. Like anything the color pink, sewing and cooking and other life skills, etc.

i would have rathered a buckybot
say red skull has him built by, oh, the tinkerer let's say, just to fuck with cap's head. he keeps appearing out of the corner of his eye, making him think he's going insane. then they rescue him, repair his programming, and let him just straight up be bucky again
then later deal with the fact that he clearly isnt, and he has to just decide how he's going to live his life, especially dealing with not aging and shit

twas a bit earlier than that, i think roughly 1996.

never understood that supposed stereotype. everyone i know knows MEN cook. if anything it's a glass ceiling. certainly chefwise.

>But the rainbow wasn't the gay symbol until (I guess) somewhere around 2000

Nope, it had been a thing since the Wizard of Oz decades ago.

The old 80's Powerpack comic sure did have the kids naked and in their underwear a whole bunch.

yyeaah no. that fandom you're talking about didn't happen til much, much later. in the same way the 90s started acting like a lot of kitschy movies from the 70s were part of their identities.

Judy Garland was always a gay icon, it's only in the 90's that Gay Icons became mainstream. Before the 90's it was sort of a secret code only Fags knew. During and after the 90's everyone knew Judy Garland fans were gay.

The irony being Judy Garland didn't care about the homosexuals.

Yeah, she just coincidentally performed for a largely gay audience at Fire Island.

they had secret codes, yeah, but different ones. and not til the 50s at the earliest was it codified in the slightest.
rainbow's not the important color there, it's grreeen

She loved homosexuals enough to marry them. A bunch of her husbands were gay. Well, at least 2. And her father.

Gays were closeted in the olden days but in the 60's in various media she vaguely defended them. She was far more tolerant of them then most people.

or, to put it a much saner way, after marrying her, dudes started wanting buttfucks

>He thinks gays were invented in the 50's!

Read up on Oscar Wilde and his gay adventures. There were codes in the 1870's, usually involving Greek soldiers (think Sparta). I'm certain there were codes in the 1700's and 1600's as well Gayness has been with us throughout history.

Since at least the 60's Judy Garland has been a Gay icon, probably since the 50's, and 60's is far before the 90's.

Gayness in the paynuss

if you think that's even close to the same thing i've got some scary realities for ya, friend

They didn't have CODES back then.
And the original assertion was "Garland has been a gay icon since the 30s", which I corrected to the 50s. Try to quit arguing when you agree with me.

there is still one by september by Gurihiru
and i think Korra ones are still planned but i think someone else is doing the art

ooh i'd love to see his art on that

i miss thick boots like this.

Read up on Oscar Wilde. Do you really not think Uranian wasn't a code word for gay love, especially when gay love was illegal? And if I called someone Uranian would you know what I was talking about? There were code words in the 1800's.

The 30's were never mentioned, but the 90's and 00's were. In fact I think the original Contention was
>But the rainbow wasn't the gay symbol until (I guess) somewhere around 2000.

utterly different code, even different KIND of code
you can't even compare the very real and much later back-pocket-handkerchief codes with 's assertion of "using judy garland as a secret gay code"
says 'since the wizard of oz decades ago'
now he might have meant 'since the 30s movie was used, decades ago, in the 50s', but he sure didnt say it that way, and sure didn't correct himself after i corrected him and said 50s, so..

Equating Wildian homosexuality with the modern disease is like comparing it with what the Greeks or the Japanese were doing.
Christ, it's like comparing Buffalo Bill with ungabunga cannibals.

This entire thread
youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

Can we get some shirtless Alex Power in here?

People seem to enjoy the comic. If I read it should I read the 80's or newest one?

Why not both?

The fact it's canon that she's sleeps with her brother if neither of them are currently in a relationship

The newest ones (by Gurihiru) are all very stand-alone mini series, jump in any time. One even retells the origin story so that's nice to start at. The 80s comics are longer, darker, and more convoluted.

[ANGRY CHIMP NOISES]