Favorite Horror Kino

What are some of your favorite horror movies, Sup Forums? Pic related is one of mine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bgihkyHeym0&t=708s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Evil Dead.
It's one of the first horror movies I saw and I still love it to this day. Superior to Evil Dead II.

Never actually seen those. I should

Yes, you should, but beware the first one might be cheesy and they act bad, but it's worth it.

That's what makes some movies so good

This one is great

>Superior to Evil Dead II.

FINALLY, someone else thinks this. I don't get why people gush over II.

It's a remake of 1 but wackier. It just doesn't entertain me like 1 does.

Why do people think The Conjuring is scary? Is it scary if you're a Catholic or something?

Idk, never saw it. It just looked like another "an evil demon/ spirit/ fairy/ bullshit is haunting my house, whatever am i to do" movie. It looked kind of boring.

It has a great build-up and an unforgettable first possession (and the raep also).

Bug (2006) - Saw it the other day and it rocked up into my top 5. Mike Shannon and the chick do an outstanding job. Go watch it blind - will be freaky.

I AM THE SUPER MOTHER BUG

House (1977) is not really my favorite but it really is worth mentioning as a good low budget horror comedy. The Shining is personally my favorite horror movie.

You posted it.

Nothing Compares 2U

the conjuring getting love from critics is one of the biggest farces of the last ten years or so

Black Swan

Alien
The Thing
Hellraiser

Not only is this a good horror movie but it also has a great story, great twists and lots of feels.

I've never been so btfo by a movie. It spawned my love of Korean films. Highly recommended

Army of Darkness > Evil Dead > Evil Dead II

ED II felt completely pointless, they could easily jump from the first one to Army of Darkness.

>Superior to Evil Dead II.

Well, that's because II is shit. Is like a bad episode of the three stooges, with some gore in it.

I'm probably one of the few to think that found footage horror is the apex of contemporary horror cinema (with a few exceptions), so my list is:

>The Blair Witch Project
>The Borderlands/Final Prayer
>Noroi: The Curse

Honorable mentions go to Occult, Troll Hunter, The Booth (2006), Evil Dead Trap, The Objective, The Nightmare, Across the River, Whisperer in the Darkness, Cowards Bend the Knee (and the Blue Hand), The Bay, Europa Report and Black Mountain Side

Also, Hausu is a great fucking movie.

It's like Begotten but better!

Is that the movie about Varg killing the guy he kileld?

this is my favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=bgihkyHeym0&t=708s

Nope, indie movie about manchildren, body horror and going mad via media.

Are you talking about Until The Light Takes Us? As far as I know, there's no movie about that homicide. Maybe a television show? Would be cool to check it out.

>not one (you)
Fuck sake Sup Forums, this is a fucking masterpiece of cinema. Y'all need to watch better films if the best you can come up with is a 40 year old Evil Dead.

I will look into it user sounds good.

I will educate myself then, user; in the meanwhile, do watch pic related

Get ready to add it to your top 10 movies of all time.

Ir's not even scary desu, it's just poetry.

Never heard of it, any good? Looks creepy. Googling now. Thanks for the rec.

>This list right here

Yeah but everybody has seen them. Post something new, man. We gotta stop circle-jerking the same 10 movies in every thread.

More aesthetic than plot heavy or memorable, but if you enjoy the sheer vitality of baroque dresses, wunderkammers and assorted kinks you'll have a good time. A great deal oniric, too, if it makes the deal more palatable.

It honestly just came in my mind because of some unconscious association with the A Tale of Two Sisters cover.

Hi then

The atmosphere in Evil Dead one is good.

I'm gonna dl now. Need something new to watch and the premise looks good, gets 88% on RT but only 5.7 on imdb(?) I'll watch and decide for myself (as usual), cheers, user.

These classics will do

>You shouldn't enjoy good quality films because people I don't like appreciate them

>those
>good quality films
Lmao @ this middle brow pink collar working plebeian fuck

Oh, sorry, I'm sure you were just about to list some of what you consider highbrow patrician horror films. Don't let me stop you then, go right ahead.

If anything, that's /x/'s hard-on list. Also,they're all pretty good movies, at least those I've seen. Tell me why Noroi is shit, for instance

I dig Universal Soldier Day of Reckoning, it's like an Apocalypse Now twist

My uncle used to put shit ton of scary movies when I was little to fuck with me and to watch some titties.
>Children of the Corn Field
>Evil Dead
>Friday the 13th
>A Nightmare on Elm Street
>Hellraiser
>Halloween
>The Thing
>The Blob
>Idle Hand
There's a shit ton more ain't clear in my head. I remember a guy getting buried on the beach, some green glowing vegetation shit, a monster in a box/chest, women being birds(?) and transforming kids to rats(?), etc

Is the green room good? It has positive reviews but it sounds like numale shit

I liked it a lot, the director previously did Blue Ruin

Sure, unironically:
The orphanage
Childs Play 1 and 2
The Conjuring

Le 'atmospheric' garbage is just bad drama.
All follow the same brainless plebeian pseudointellectual structure
>dude jumpscares are bad
>dude let's throw some 'deep' imagery and metaphors in there
>dude like let's 'create tension' by showing the main characters do menial boring shit for a whole hour
>dude like dude you don't get it it's an analogy for [insert literally anything]
>dude so meta

They are custom made for redditors to circlejerk about how they get it and how mainstream horror is so bad and cliche kek, when all their 'deep' movies are basically the same shit

Have you ever considered the fact that you maybe have terrible taste?

It's a legitimately perplexing phenomenon, it really is an uninteresting movie

The shit ton more include Creepshow (1982), an anthology which contains the first three descriptions among its segments, and Nic Roeg's adaptation of Roald Dahl's The Witches (1990); it's women witches transforming kids but yeah, they look a little like birds in their witch form. Both classic flicks

It's great, brutal and a bit glib in its bleakness, but perfect for what it is- a grimy, grim thriller. Some fantastic shock moments and touches of pitch black comedy.
Only way I could conceive it being seen as numale is if you were a "Muh based skinheads should be bulletproof" Sup Forumslack, there's not much in the way of politics + everyone's equally fucked.

Under the Skin
Funny Games
Kaïro
Banshee Chapter
[Rec]
Raw
The Descent
The Host
Antichrist
Martyrs
Possession
The tenant

I'm looking for a movie that has a high amount of disturbing imagery like Begotten but also has great acting and plot like The Shining.
Any recs?

Noroi blew me away. For a genre film to be this good it's quite rare.

Yeah, the plot and editing are amazingly tight for a found footage movie. Everything that is shown is essential to the resolution.

My favoeite of all time is Funny Games.
Patrician as fuck taste, seen em all except Raw.
My friends told me it's the nastiest movie they ever saw, looking forward to it.

Zodiac aint really a horror movie but its creepy

Saw Raw earlier tonight, it's not really that nasty - stylized, bloody hyperviolence with a tight plot and Belgian confraternities (which are pretty wild)

John Carpenter's- Prince of Darkness

Oculus was surprisingly decent modern horror movie.

That's a masterpiece, one of the best horrors of its age

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this, but The Void is actually very fucking similar in both cinematography and themes to Prince of Darkness

I know this film isn't that good but I really liked it as a kid and i still like it now. Even if my glasses are rose tinted.

I'm disappointed in all of you.

Cabin Fever is amazing. The sequel was good as well. The prequel wasn't good but it has Samwise Gamgey in it so thats a plus. I haven't seen the remake yet.

The Town That Dreaded Sundown is in my top ten

Original was good. All the remakes/sequels are absolute horseshit

The second is also great, but it is not really a horror movie but rather horror comedy.

This movie was pretty good actually. I'd recommend it if you like cultish Lovecraftian horror. If anyone knows more movies like that I'd love to check them out