Why does nobody in this franchise ever seem to give a shit when they discover non-human life?

Why does nobody in this franchise ever seem to give a shit when they discover non-human life?

Depends on how canon you want other movies / AvP to be.

In Alien they were pretty surprised but it was also clearly not the first time they've seen extra terrestrial life.

In Aliens they were literally an extermination team. Presumably they've killed other forms of ET life before.

the whole premise of Promethus was that Weyland wanted to chat it up with the Engineers. So of course they knew about sentient Alien life.

In Conv they were a team of planet explorers. They had set protocols for dealing with hostel alien life. Thats why they weren't more cautious when landing on an unknown planet.

In the AvP canon, humans and The Company had been dealing with Predators for centuries. All the higher ups were well aware of intelligent ET life and basically their main job was to scower the universe for lost ET artifacts.

>They had set protocols for dealing with hostel alien life. Thats why they weren't more cautious when landing on an unknown planet.

>Why does nobody in this franchise ever seem to give a shit when they discover non-human life?
because it is trying to kill them

Not just that, but every time they discover huge crashed ships or are literally surrounded by an alien city like in covenant they seem more bored than anything.

>nano super weapon = alien life ;^)

If I got the chance, I'd kill all you insignificant humans too.

too bad the laws of this land prevent you

What are you talking about?
Ash, Bishop and David care loads about the discovery.

This is one of my pet peeves with a lot of sci fi. People's reaction to seeing an alien are usually surprised, but it's rarely a reaction of absolute dumbstruck incredulity that's required after seeing a FUCKING ALIEN

>This series
It's over

What anout how nobody acts suprised enough to see a living donosaur in Jurassic park?

It pisses me off how disappointed they are in Prometheus when they manage to locate the engineers and their installation / ship from across the galaxy but find that they're all dead already.

It's still like one of the biggest discoveries in human history, and yet Holloway is moping around and getting drunk like it's the worst day of his life because he expected them to be alive (so he could "find answers" from them). Fuck Holloway (aka not-TomHardy). He's the most unlikable douchebag of a character in the entire franchise.

They definitely had encountered alien life forms by the time of Aliens, as you can hear some of the marines casually talking about fucking aliens called Arcturians

It's because all they can see is a green screen

KEK

>not wearing helmets on an alien planet.

I found this strange too. They would have learned an insane amount just from studying what was left over. He's bitching because he couldn't literally find god after going to one planet.

>In Alien they were pretty surprised but it was also clearly not the first time they've seen extra terrestrial life.

I didn't get the feeling that it was "clearly" not the first time they'd seen extraterrestrials. Ripley talked about quarantine procedures when she denied letting Kane back aboard the ship, but she could easily have been talking about some standard procedures that the company had put in place *just-in-case* they were ever to come across alien bacterias or something. The only other indication that they had seen large alien life forms before was in how they weren't reacting with the kind of enthusiasm you might expect from first discovery of the derelict ship and a fossilized alien the size of the space jockey

>In Conv they were a team of planet explorers. They had set protocols for dealing with hostel alien life. Thats why they weren't more cautious when landing on an unknown planet.

Have you ever fucking watched the movie?

They were colonists, and the their mission was the first of it's kind.

>see video at the beginning of the movie with bbq man and some members of the Cov crew exploring the planet they are about to colonize

Well their whole mission was to investigate the strange thing they found on a random planet.
They WERE nonchalant about finding the Engineer but thats probably because they were looking for something like them.

Also Ash 100% knew about the Xeno, he was specifically planted on the ship by The Company to capture it. Ash even knew a bit about their biology.

How the hell does Weyland Yutani even plan to use the Aliens as a bio weapon? The extent of their control over them would be nothing more than dumping them on an enemy planet / ship and watching them kill everything on it. Then they'd have to get rid of the aliens to take the infested location back for themselves anyway, which would probably require nuking or destroying it (which they should have just done in the first place).

Once their enemies discover the nature of the Alien's reproductive cycle, it would not even be particularly easy to use them to infiltrate and create an infestation -- not against an armed / military target that knows to kill the facehuggers and their hosts before they can gestate into chestbursters.

I don't know, but weaponizing the aliens just seems like such an incredibly stupid and naive plan. I guess it would make sense if they were really only interested in the aliens to learn about their acid blood.

In Aliens, it was a bit of a mixed message
>Is this another bug hunt, sir?

But then earlier the company guy says that they've terraformed dozens (or was it hundreds?) of other worlds without any problems at all.
So either the marines had never killed anything before, and were just 'hunting' stuff, or the company guy was full of shit, which i'm feeling is a lot more likley.

In the AvP story, Weyland's goal in life is to wipe out the Predator Species because they hunted his family to death when he was young. He's done far worse to humanity to achieve his goal than Predators ever will. The guy is a grade A motherfucker.

>The extent of their control over them would be nothing more than dumping them on an enemy planet / ship and watching them kill everything on it.
its more complicated but Weyland does exactly that. Aliens are controllable through pheromones unless there is a Queen around. He also uses Alien biology to make himself immortal.

Also The Company made tons of human alien hybrids / human Synth hybrids that had varying degrees success.

>Ash even knew a bit about their biology.
I thought he had only just then learned about the Alien's biology through his monitoring of Kane during his impregnation, and through his dissection of the dead facehugger.

The company had probably noticed the derelict's beacon previously when passing by, and decided to put Ash on the Nostromo so they could have him investigate it for them and hopefully bring it back home for study (something that was probably illegal under galactic space-law, so they had to do it secretly and with an unwitting human crew rather than with an official WY science mission)

>fucking aliens called Arcturians
and dont forget
>another bug hunt?