Did you fall for the HD DVD meme?

Did you fall for the HD DVD meme?

Naw I always new Blu-ray was the wave of the future and that streaming from a media server was the 2nd wave

I haven't really even fallen for the blue ray meme yet.

>Cries about his precious blur ray rips
>Hasn't fallen for it

he still thinks he's learned from the past.

Yeah, but was able to return the xbox hddvd player to best buy

I just sat on the fence and waited to see which format won. Then I waited another year until blu ray players were cheap and plentiful.

It wasn't that hard.

I still buy DVDs

>tfw didn't start buying blu rays until 2014 and now they're cheap as fuck
I'm glad the 4K meme won't take off for a long time either

No I didn't. What I did do was buy a bunch of HDDVDS with a player for practically pennies after the format had 'lost' to Bluray. I think I've probably spent no more than $20 for the 30 or so HDDVDS and player in total.

I do also collect Blurays and they're getting really cheap these days.

True master race right here

>those ads/previews before movies on vhs that tried to show how much more clear and awesome the sounds and picture on dvds were

>your VHS sounds like this
>but it COULD sound like THIS
>*car crashes through giant window as explosion happens*

Wait... How... What

Its kinda bizzare seeing blurays in $5 dump bins now.
I shouldn't be surprised, and I know it sounds dumb ,but its just wierd to see technology rise and fall like that in my lifetime.

I forgot this was a thing. I almost bought it too because my Dad got me season one of Heroes on HDDVD but i decided to exchange it for a DVD copy instead.

I never got that. They show a shitty version and then the "HD" version but it's still on DVD so how can it be HD? Did they degrade the before picture?

I didn't "fall" for it, I started buying them when they were dying so I have like 120 movies I paid $5 each on average (which was really not much when all blu rays were $20+ back then). Got that Toshiba HD-A35.

I still use HDD.

Why does 4k uhd seem like the new meme

I read that initially HDDVD was actually better than the early Blu Rays. Regardless I think that if youd get a HD player or that 360 attachment on the cheap it could actually be worth it because from what Ive seen the prices on the HDDVD movies are really low and its a plus if youre a collector etc.

>the passionate menstruations of a loser desperately trying to justify his sunken dollars

My oldest DVDs are already succumbing to laser rot and many will no longer play.

Stuff like discs from seasons of Tales form the Crypt and The Simpsons, as well as a few movies like those Universal Monsters Legacy collections.

Physical formats in general are a bad idea. I dunno if Blu Ray has a longer shelf life than DVD when it comes to laser rot, but eventually every disc in your collection will one day stop working and only give error codes.

>there are plebs on this board who didn't own high def VHS

>I have no disposable income because I live with my mom and never graduated from highschool. I think $5 is hell of a lot of money!

>high def VHS

You mean Betamax?

don't you mean 600?

"sunken" Why ? Those movies and my player still work, it's the same as if I bought them in blu ray except I saved a lot of money and there was actually a lot of exclusive movies for hd dvd back then, in imports and such. I bet some of them will become very valuable one day (well, the imports mainly but I also got a sealed Dragon's Lair)

>I saved money

I think it's safe to collect blu-rays/4k blu-rays at this point. Streaming and other non-physical media is the only thing left.

I didn't fall for it, but my laptop back then had a HD-DVD drive. I tried finding discs for it but there are none around here and I'm not buying them over Ebay.

>mfw my Xbox One S supports Blu-ray and 4K, all the hot streaming apps, and subscription services

Even for a gaming console, it's better than my outdated PC than can only play DVDs on a small monitor.

As far as I can tell, Rare Replay is the only actual game exclusive to the Bone so that and 4K movie watching is the only reason to have a Bone S.

The Xbone S has a huge HDD good for all the BC games and multiplatforms.
Supports 4K movies and it's the same smart device like a PS4 or Smart TV.
I just like to have it all together on one device and organized.
My PC is nearing its end so I had to make the jump to something for watching my movies and TV shows along with all my old games.
I only only speak for myself but it's highly convenient.

I literally just bought it because it was the most affordable 4K player and I also like Banjo-Kazooie. I'm fucking pissed all the "exclusives" are on PC though.

>go to sell full 360 kit to buyback store
>tfw they take everything but the HDDVD kit and discs

They're still sitting in a closet right now. Is there a codec or player out there that I can use to rip these fuckers?