Is this overpriced in every country?

Is this overpriced in every country?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2017-09-21/tony-abbott-headbutted-by-ssm-supporter-in-hobart/8970658
youtube.com/watch?v=5TsNL3uBw1g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Criminally

Probably. Why would you buy snacks at the theater? Just go to the Woolworths across the street.

Don't know, I always get the crab legs.

yes, but my local kinocentre throws in a free bucket of crab legs so it's alright

They make me smuggle shit in with their outrageous markups. Id be willing to pay double if they were more reasonable

yes

In the movie theaters it is. And they don't let you bring in your own snacks.

What the fuck? I've never heard of a movie theater not letting you bring your own snacks.

Welcome to the third world. Chilean movie theaters do this shit too.

Just put on a motorcycle helmet and shoot the employee.

It's the same here, you have to smuggle them in.

Thank fuck I live in a free country. They'll never take our right to bring snacks.

I put it inside my backpack. Once I even got drunk inside the theater. I think it was in the Thor movie.

Maybe they charge you more for a ticket? The idea here is that the theatre makes almost no money at all for the tickets, sometimes even losing money on them, so they make all their profit on popcorn, sweets, and drinks. If you bring your own in they lose too much money. How much do you pay for 1 gallon/3.8L of milk (as a frame of comparative reference) and how much for a movie ticket?

>Woolworths
I thought we were the only country backward enough to still have those

Denunciado pra Receita Federal.

well yeah of course

but I just go woolies/coles and get muh m&ms and smiths chicken chips and like a litre of coke to share.

ezpz

It's a totally different company, the name is just a coincidence. Austria and Germany do still have the same old Woolworths as Mexico though, those are the only 3 places it remains.

Yes and I can tell you the reason. Your movie theater sees almost no profit from seeing a movie so they stay in business by selling over priced concessions. It would be cheaper if Hollywood didn't charge them so much for the actual movie. However, Hollywood needs to give money to starving millionaires for subpar acting and to pay millionaire investors a 50% profit for a meh movie. It's part of the reason you have to laugh when celebrities talk about evil corporations, mean rich people (100k and lacks resources to hide their money) who don't want to pay more in taxes and pretend they give a shit about the average human being.

yes

how does woolworths make you backwards you blinding idiot

I saw them in Germany in 2005.

>M&Ms

Bit surprised, I thought the entire Commonwealth went with smarties

What the fuck, this made me think so hard it gave me a headache.
Really boils your eggs, huh?

It's a different company than yours with the same name. Woolworths was a huge (biggest on earth at one point) American retailer that was started well over 100 years ago. In the late 90s they went tits up and now only have a few operating in Mexico, Germany, and Austria.

>a place that profits off of selling food doesn't want you to bring your own food
WOW who could ever think that way???

Oh i c, thx

They're creepy depressing places

I'm guessing that somehow appeals to Germans

It does. I didn't know it until I talked to someone who worked at one for a while and the subject of high prices for snacks came up.

Hollywood basically forced then from the showing movies for profit business to the over priced snacks for profit business while you watch an over priced movie they barely see any money from.

both are available but I much prefer m&ms
oh right, bit weird but I understand now.
its been explained, maybe your ones are but ours are just normal I guess
I don't really think there is a supermarket that exists that isn't a little depressing

Probably because trying that sort of shit would get you beaten unconscious in Australia. Theaters don't want their employees getting sent to the hospital for trying to stop people bringing in snacks.

Why even go to the movies? If you dont have a gf, no point. Its jusy jedeo marxist programmjng and overpriced junk food

>Theaters don't want their employees getting sent to the hospital for trying to stop people bringing in snacks

>in Australia people would beat up employees for enforcing a company policy
how advanced

Welcome to the real world. If some minimum wage little shit tried to take my snacks, he'd get one warning and then a beating.

It is overpriced in every country
Film studios take about 80% of the earnings in the first week or two so they have to inflate the food prices to make up for it

that's right. get 'em bruce

>real 3rd world
ftfy, normal people don't act like apes just because they don't like the rules

Fuck off. We beat up prime ministers in this country and get off with a warning.

abc.net.au/news/2017-09-21/tony-abbott-headbutted-by-ssm-supporter-in-hobart/8970658

I like popcorn very much

truly something to be proud of. I guess the abbos have integrated after all.

youtube.com/watch?v=5TsNL3uBw1g

Just smuggle your own snacks. Easy.

Why exactly is some random user from a backwards Eastern European shithole acting like he knows what civilised society looks like?
What a fucking bizarre creature, this one.

Just rock up with a boogie-board.

Yes and thank God for it. I want that nostalgic movie theater popcorn with the fake as duck butter oil. That's half the reason I'm going to the movies in the first place and not the Pirate Bay.