"BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE" TO SCREEN IN SELECT THEATERS AHEAD OF THE OFFICIAL RELEASE

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and Fathom Events have announced a partnership to release "Batman: The Killing Joke" in select theaters on Monday, July 25.
>theatrical event that will include "a never-before- seen documentary about how Hamill was cast in this project and what the role means to him as an actor and a fan" before the film screens, and a "special behind-the-scenes look at how the Joker’s memorable, yet disturbing song and dance number was recreated" after the film rolls.
comicbookresources.com/article/batman-the-killing-joke-to-screen-in-select-theaters-ahead-of-the-official-release

God, I hope this is good.

Other urls found in this thread:

fathomevents.com/event/batman-the-killing-joke
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How can I find out which theaters are participating?

>Tickets for “Batman: The Killing Joke” will be available on Friday, June 17 over at www.FathomEvents.com or at participating theater box offices. U.S. fans can also participate in the event in select movie theaters through Fathom’s Digital Broadcast Network.

>Head over to Fathom's website for a full list of participating theaters.

Sounds like they will release the list on the 17th here fathomevents.com/event/batman-the-killing-joke

Might be trying to get an animated oscar nom.

Let's be real, they won't beat Disney/Pixar, but just being nominated would be a feather in their cap.

Dont they actually take animation quality into account? Everything I've personally seen looked awful

Why do people like Killing Joke so much? It's got great artwork but the plot is just "What's the most extreme thing we can have Joker do without killing anyone off?"

But the actual animation looks like crap.

Have you guys seen the people that vote on these

It defined what the Joker was to the majority of comic book fans. It's his story

No, its a batman movie based on a acclaimed story that will reach the theater quota required by the academy, it is a shoe in for a nomination

No.

dark knight returns should have gotten a theatrical release

>Voter #5: I only watch the ones that my kid wants to see, so I didn’t see [The] Boxtrolls but I saw Big Hero 6 and I saw [How to Train Your] Dragon [2]. We both connected to Big Hero 6 — I just found it to be more satisfying. The biggest snub for me was Chris Miller and Phil Lord not getting in for [The] Lego [Movie]. When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw [an apparent reference to the Japanese film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, as well as the Irish film Song of the Sea]? That is my biggest bitch. Most people didn’t even know what they were! How does that happen? That, to me, is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.
>MY VOTE: Big Hero 6

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

>"What's the most extreme thing we can have Joker do without killing anyone off?"

People who like the Joker -Batman too, probably- are to a smaller or larger extent fans of edgy stuff. Hence, what you said is really appealing.

Thry don't watch all the animated nominees, most of the votere literally just vote for the ones their kids liked the most

A lot of the people who vote on the Oscars aren't really big animation fans, with interviews revealing that a few don't even watch the animated nominations and just skip voting for that section. Unless the animation is mind-numbingly terrible and it can be easily be seen by people who aren't that big into animation, the quality of the animation probably won't matter that much to the voters where as things like plot and voice acting will

>The biggest snub for me was Chris Miller and Phil Lord not getting in for [The] Lego [Movie]. When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw [an apparent reference to the Japanese film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, as well as the Irish film Song of the Sea]? That is my biggest bitch.
>That is my biggest bitch
Heheeheh. Wooo! You can say that again.

So not releasing a list of venues until the tickets actually go on sale is a good idea how?

I don't even know. I want to know if I need to request the time off

My favorite voter comment was the one from the previous year where the voter admitted to leaving their young child alone in a theater for several hours because they'd rather go out into the lobby and talk on their phone than watch a cartoon with their child.

Oh wow

Sheeit. If someone got touched it's going to be an interesting therapy session come adulthood.
>So my parents hated cartoons so much they literally abandoned me in a dark room filled with strangers. I now can't sleep with the lights off or anyone in the room.

>these people are allowed to reproduce

Do you guys think Batman will finally rape the joker on that movie like he did with barbara ?

What was the joke about at the end of the killing joke?

'What do you think I'm crazy?'

I haven't read this story in so long and I really remember thinking about that a lot. I mean. I get it. But that's it? Idk man. This isn't my favorite batman story at all.

huh. maybe its better than we thought if theyre going for a theatrical release

The joke is that the joke wasn't funny. It was so fucking unfunny that Batman couldn't help but laugh for once. Then he either put his hands on Joker's shoulders while laughing or strangled him.

The end.

Batman and the Joker are both fucked, but the Joker is so far gone he can never be redeemed. Both him and Batman then had a good laugh about it.

I pretty much agree with you, but I think it's important to take into account it pretty much changed/defined the Bat/Joker dynamic.

Im worried about the fact there marketing it as shocking in the trailer makes me worried there going to go full edge with it.