On the edge of my seat every episode with the suspense physically hurting

>on the edge of my seat every episode with the suspense physically hurting

Absolutely perfect.

Now watch the one with the black guy instead of Jack Bauer.

Extra challenge: try not to consider suicide while doing so

Why can't shows be like this anymore? Now it's just political dramas where nothing happens.

great show

What's the best replacement for 24? I liked Strike Back but it's a lot more action focused and lacks the political intruige and spying, the closest for me was Spooks but it's a bit inconsistent as most episodes are standalone until the later seasons. No twisty turning story arcs that weren't written beforehand though, which is a plus.

Probably pic related, though its full of spooks

Homeland is basically 24 but with like 10% of the action.

I don't think there's a replacement for it sadly.

It jumped the shark mid season 2

your mom jumped my dick midday

Homeland is a poor man's 24. More happened in a single episode of 24 than the entire second season of Homeland. I dropped it after that.

Didn't it also go more Pro-Muslim than that weird Jack's dying arc in one of the later seasons?

Indian 24

>"CTU, Buchanan."

HELP HELP THE CTU DIRECTOR HAS FALLEN

This thread gave me the urge to watch either 24 or homeland right now, never seen an episode.
which show should I see first?

You already named the two shows I would have recommended so I guess I'll say Nikita, the teenage girl's 24. It has twists and it's ironically better than Homeland.

24 first.

thank you for your guidance, wise one, I will do this right now

The Shield has really great camera work and is a bit subversive. For example a black christian faggot comes out of the closet and instead of rejecting his religion he has a faggot intervention to suppress his degenerate urges. Also quite a lot of shit like pedophile mexicans and deaths and stuff. It was a great series.

Yeah, 24 for sure. Don't forget to watch the tv movie before season 6 iirc.
But don't watch the season's prologues/epilogues on youtube because you'll get spoiled by the related videos. Same for wikias/imdb. Names of characters or number of appearances can spoil you.

Wasn't he the game show host on season 6 or 7 ??

Loved The Shield, it got really dark towards the end.

never really watched this in its heyday. is it really that good? as good as Breaking Bad?

It's not a great show, but it's entertaining enough. It's a product of the whole post 9/11 circle jerk for terrorism and whatnot, but it's still a good show. Actually, the first 8 seasons are all pretty decent in quality, with only a drop in the 6th and 7th seasons, but the 8th season made up for it kinda.

Season 4 and 5 are great, 5 especially.

i watched the first season. it was slow as fuck. could have been half the length. but then theyd have to call the show 12

it's not "good", it's fun

S5 GOAT

He didn't do anything wrong.

It was one of the first shows that had a movie like feel. It had high production values from day one. Keep in mind the show is over 15 years old...Kiefer Sutherlands first season hair is destracting. Season 2 beard Bauer made up for it.

> get me a hacksaw

>this was cool in the late 90s

Kiefer Sutherland needed 24 to be a hit because he was on his way out of Hollywood. Look at that face. It says I hope this works but whatever. Where's my drink.

This show was huge. Fucker got paid $40 million for 3 seasons.

Yeah, he's a full blown alcoholic. Not the fun kind, but the "how are you still alive" kind.

>boop
>beep
>boop
>beep

truly the bad boss that we deserve

how is this subversive?

>no character development for anyone but Jack
>has three girlfriends and a wife over the entirety of the series, all of whom no one cares about
>no one gives a shit about his friends so every death scene is "meh" tier

Found it really boring tbqh. Couldn't feel invested at all

>Renee
>Nina
>Tony
>Michelle
>Bill
>Palmer
>Heller
>Chloe
>Karen
>Allison Taylor in S7
>Kate
Just some characters off the top of my head that I genuinely cared about.

But did you really know anything about their backstory?

Back when 24 first aired it was also so different from anything else with the cliffhangers, action and brutality. It was truly groundbreaking tv in my opinion. Seasons 1-4 are still among my favourite television series.

Best girl

I was glad when she killed Jack's wife

How's that 24 with a black protagonist?

This, Jack x Nina best ship.

>Kaz, I'm already a demon

Julia Roberts fucked his head up. Then she goes and marries fucking Lyle Lovitt.

The show even made me feel bad about Ryan Chapelle. I hated that smug motherfucker.

I hear that. All things romantic and relstionship related were a tremendous drag on the show

S3 went downhill after the great Mexico arc

This.

Seasons 4 and 5 are very much 24. Haven't seen the latest one yet.