Ask an American lobbyist for a major corporation almost anything

Ask an American lobbyist for a major corporation almost anything.

No I will not tell you where I work.

How much influence do they have? do you have?

Do /you/ feel lobbyists have too much power?

Whats the worst thing that you have ever lobbied for that you knew it would be bad for America?

Depends on what you mean. Lobbyists are people who just specialize in talking to government and the vast majority of what we do is frankly boring.

Lobbyists have value/power sheerly by being present, building relationships with lawmakers etc.

An industry that chooses to hire a lobbying team to represent them is certainly advantaged over one that does not, but just about every industry these days have tons of lobbyists.

Also most lobbying takes place in state legislatures, city halls, and regulatory agencies.

I don't personally think that I have much "power", but I have worked on some very high profile issues.

Will you be walking through dark alleys after mysterious phone calls at 0400?

>implying you're actually a lobster

Stop fucking responding to these gay fucking threads without any proof you dumb faggots

how much money do you control?

See.
Yes and no. I think that money has too much power in politics and we should overturn Citizens United. That would help end some of the negativities associated with our industry and work to keep people focused on advocacy rather than campaign contributions.

That would actually be bad for the American people? Nothing. Years ago, before I was at this company where I work now, I was at a firm and lobbied for some expanded fracking in a small town. It was probably good for their economy but it was not a fun issue for me personally.

Do you mean PAC (Political Action Committee) money? The company I work for does not have a PAC.

Maybe swiping on Tinder but not for work

I mean how much $ can you direct towards your goals

Where do you work?

There's no way that I can think of me providing you proof unless I were to link my federal lobbying registration and my state registrations and then show you my Drivers License.

I'm not going to do that. If you have another idea on how I can provide proof, I am open to it user.

Are you a jew?

We have a policy against campaign contributions, so none there. I can theoretically throw a lot of money into hiring contract lobbyists, doing media ads, TV/radio if we really needed it. Theoretically low hundreds of thousands if we had a significant regulatory fight in my market. More if absolutely necessary.

A tech company

No.

How much do tech lobbyists clash against each other? Their goals seem aligned more or less

Tons. Also, my particular company has a lot of regulatory issues.

Before starting at this company, I worked at a lobbying firm and represented clients in the waste industry, tech,education, and energy

>energy
As in utilities? Why are they fucking over people who have solar? Do you have any insights of Pinnacle Corp who also runs corrupted APS?

No, I represented a coalition of clean energy companies seeking to raise the amount of clean energy in one state's energy portfolio.

I imagine you were met with resistance, as clean energy means less profits to utilities.

What industry do you represent?

What's the endgame OP?

Why do you tell lies on the internet?

Work for a tech company now

What do you mean?

Yep but we ultimately hammered out a compromise omnibus bill that we were happy with.

roleplayer GTFO

How much do political lobbyists representing countries sway US politics? Do you ever meet them?

How are you going to avoid the Day of the Rope?

I've met a few yes and in my opinion there should be much tighter controls governing how they operate. They can and often do have enormous impact on the congress in particular.

Google Azerbaijan lobbying for example.

Nice meme.

Since you're tech:
How often do you use national or international standards to lock out new competitors. Like adding patents to a national standard.

That's more something that our legal department would undertake than me, and it's used a great deal.

Kill yourself you corrupt, bribe-taking propagandist. People like you ruin our country

Thanks, user. Have a great day.

What would happen if it would be illegal to flow money into politics?

How long can a tech startup sustain growth without the assistance of lobbyists?

fake and gay thread as no proof is given

sage goes in all fields

Define "flow money into politics."

A startup? Startups don't tend to have us because they're too small, although frequently their interests are fundamentally represented by larger companies in the same industry.

As I say in the post linked below, I can't think of a way of providing proof without compromising my identity. If you can think of a way for me to prove it without revealing who I am, I am open to it.

Well allow me to rephrase my question:

When do you think a startup would have left behind the startup phase, so it's big enough to hire lobbyists? In terms of revenue maybe?

Depends on what they're trying to do and sometimes a small startup will indeed hire a lobbyist to do something related to local regulations or, more likely, for assistance in procurement and business development.

A typical local lobbying (non-federal) monthly retainer is between $2,000-$10,000. Many startups can afford that, so I think it's really just a question of what they need done and whether there is a specific need to hire someone.

Back when I was at the firm, I would get hired for 1-3 month jobs for small clients sometimes to assist in securing a permit from a local government or assisting in other licensing needs.

Have you ever fucked someone to build a relationship and/or to get a vote?

Don't need the Who or What vote, but plz share how it happened if it indeed happened.

I've never fucked an elected official or a client and never fucked anyone in order to secure a vote or build a relationship.

I did fuck a reporter I was a source for on and off for a year. She covered several issues I was working on but I don't think it affected her coverage. Honestly, she was just hot and we spent time together so it just naturally happened. Wasn't an intentional tactic.

>a small startup will indeed hire a lobbyist to do something related to local regulations

You see, this is what Hyperloop One is doing exactly. They Obama's 2012 campaign director as a Board Member so they'll have an easier time laying their Hyperloop tubes. But then again they've raised $72 million in investment rounds.

So from this, I'm guessing they're playing really big right?

>They
They brought in*

Yes and Hyperloop One has absolutely massive capital to spend on lobbyists. They're more interested in federal regs than local of course.

We are not that expensive.

Alright, thanks for your answers.

You bet, Turk bro.

kill yourself

Nah