What does Sup Forums think of American Gods?

What does Sup Forums think of American Gods?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_mythology#Deities.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's ok. Don't get the hype for it. Recently finished leftovers was far superior.

Is good.

Most recent episode was the worst so far. Other than way too many dongs, homosex, and shadow alternating between unflappable and retarded pussy, it's not bad.

Most recent episode was the best so far. Other than not enough dongs, homosex, and shadow showing emotional range, it's not bad.

I like it. Seems like more and more crazy shit happens with every episode so at the very least its entertaining.
Shadow can't act for shit and even though i've seen emily browning do some good acting in other movies shes not doing to well in this either.
Mcshane is great as always though and so is sweeny
I also love the coming to america segments which I heard weren't in the books so those are a nice bit of Fuller OC

A gay muslim, a dead wife and leprechaun walk into a bar

it's shit

>neil gay man

Mad Sweeney is the only good character

Actually I'm lying, Peter Stormare is flawless in everything he's in

I'm kind of confused about the Djinn.
Salim/not salim got the taxi drivers life obviously but did the Djinn get his old life too? Was the djinn always the taxi driver or did he switch lives with a taxi driver before that?

Started strong, but the episodes were hit or miss, and the last one jumped the shark for me.
>Fanfic (i.e. not in the book) scene with Latino Jesus helping Mexican immigrants. So subversive, such 'fuck you' to Drumpf, wow.
>Fanfic scene with republicans portrayed as ridiculous insane Nazi gun-nuts.
>Are you fuckin shaming mee!1!? For being a zombie? How dare you, fuckin lookist! I love anal sex! So bold, such sexually positive, much feminist!1!
>yet another oh so bold reference to lynching black people
That's it, I give up on Murrican shows. Too much cringey in-your-face political agenda everywhere. The elections were half a year ago, when will you fags live it down already? I'm a yuropoor so why should I care about all this shit? If I cared I'd go to Sup Forums, but I don't.
Even disregarding all that stuff, pretty weak episode: lots of uninspired dialogue that just drags on, and Wednesday's scene with a sword just looked so cheap and cheesy I actually felt bad for McShane.

>did you have a djinn in your bottle?
The way he said bottle was like butthole why

>america segments which I heard weren't in the books
The vikings one was, and the one with stone-age people too (though that one was pretty heavile edited)

Did you not watch the show?

I skip gay shit

you again. There is fucking nothing common in them to compare.
one is a roadmovie about some godwars, the other is some pretentous crap.

ive seen two episodes and honestly too much sex,
sex scenes too long
too much penis/erect penis shots

feels like theyre trying too hard

I actually didn't roll my eyes at DJ jazzy jeff giving a speech to the black people like I normally would at shoehorned SJW pieces because I thought they actually did it well

the "right now you think you're just "people", you don't know you're "black people" yet" line actually made me go "hmm"

one episode erlier the jinn can be seen in Salim's businessman suit. he may talking to Wednesday, when Shadow come in, he left.

We have at least 2 threads asking the exact question every day user. It's a good show with a dumb agenda you can look past, unless you're a 14 year old.

honestly, best show on TV, with minor SJW stuff mixed in, but that shit's everywhere.

When its good its fucking amazing, but so far its proven to be somewhat inconsistent. I haven't read the original work but from my understanding it seems like theres a lot of material to cover which will likely either get lost entirely or result in a cluttered mess. Still a little early to tell, but it seems like the directors aren't always making the best use of their runtime what with extended gay haji sex scenes and all

I'm honestly amazed at how this show among all discussed on Sup Forums, with its explicit fucking with the "right" (as much as this word means anything), is evalued with this kind of mature equanimity.

I'd like it a lot more if this cuck wouldn't come on at the end of every episode and talk about how important and progressive the show is.

Wait, what are you talking about? Who's that? I've never seen him, especially not in correlation with the series.

I hate how liberals use Jesus to push any message they believe in. It's like they unironically think Jesus was a gay communist Universalist Unitarian who fought for gay rights and #BlackLivesMatter.

Do you not know the Bible at all or are you retarded?

That was a good scene until Bryan Fuller comes on at the end and you realize he actually thinks that scene was "important" and "powerful" when the message is "YA'LL NIGGAS GOTTA GO UP N KEEL ALL DEM WHITE MUTHA FUCKAS"

Jesus doesn't actually exist outside the cultural representations and narratives that have been built around his supposed existence, though.

The show runner. They do a BTS segment after the "Next Week On American Gods" part. If you haven't been watching them, don't start. It'll ruin the show for you.

>it's a Swedish actor cast to play scary Russian and does a horrible accent episode

"Be generous and take care of the poor" does not translate to "government redistribution of wealth"

Also, the politicians who call themselves Christians while pushing for these sorts of programs never know what to do about other pieces of scripture, like Paul saying whoever doesn't work shouldn't eat, or God, who according to Christian doctrine, is Jesus, burned down two cities because they were full of homosexuals, and demanded that Israelites be killed if they practiced sodomy.

Wasn't interested until I saw he was in it.

Downloading now

Its great, especially the casting. Although I did skip past most of the gay scene, that shit was like 10 minutes long.

[citation needed]

And from which bible, because if you're talking about the Old Testament, I know for a fact you're actually retarded.

>Russian
This god ain't Russian though, he's Lithuanian or some shit. Perun, Veles, Yarilo, Makosh etc. are Russian pagan gods: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_mythology#Deities. No Czernobog there. WTF, Gay Man?

>whoever doesn't work shouldn't eat
Literally a slogan of Soviet communists, where is your God now?

So Shadow Moon STILL doesn't know Wednesday is Odin. Even after the North Korea scene?

Perhaps he asked 'who are you' in a more general sense, i.e. he wants to know what sort of being a god is?

If your talking about Sodom and gamorrah it was a lot more then some bumsex, withen a few hours of showing up a rape gang is after his daughters or the angels the cites were degenerate in every possible way, also if you mean the non cannon story of Jesus destroying that other city A: not cannon B: it was the same deal total degeneracy

He's dense as all fuck, just shows reading doesn't nessesarly make you smart

the first two episodes were good, the others are kind of boring and not much is happening

>Fanfic scene with republicans portrayed as ridiculous insane Nazi gun-nuts.
They weren't portrayed that way at all.

>yet another oh so bold reference to lynching black people
That's pretty relevant to America's history. Stop being so sensitive

The Mr. World's 'merger' speech was the only scene I liked from the later episodes. Pure kino.

They were wearing Nazi armbands.

They were wearing Vulcan armbands. You seem very sensitive. The people were just portrayed as gun nuts. That's pretty common in Virginia

really have you watch the vulcan scene

Yes. And at no point do they look like Nazis at all. Unless you think people who like guns are Nazis

It was clearly supposed to make you think of Nazis.

really man you gonna deny the facist state vulcan was in

I didn't mind it at all but really it looked like 'Hitler Youth the Town' those armbands are very Nazi esq

There was some interracial shit posted on here about the show so I'm never picking it up now

This. Australian here. Why do Americans get their political views from entertainment? It's fucking obnoxious and take me out of the show.

SAD

How? They were literally just walking around with armbands, tons of political groups do that, hell people do that in sports to show support. You need to get your mind off of Nazis

It was a town under the control of a power hungry god

you are really looking to get offended. just relax, youre gonna have a heart attack. Stick to network television. I dont think youre ready.

It was the color sceme obviously, don't be intentionally dense, it was good I liked it, but the parallels to a Nazi state seemed obvious

Too much obnoxious liberal political bullshit that was never in the book.

It's shit!

The book was 'political' but it didn't take sides, see Sam's insane believe in everything and nothing speech, as for the show so far they haven't taken sides either although it is slightly leftleaning , its not nearly as one-sided as some ppl seem to think

>People actually defending enforced virtue signaling
Pathetic. You guys will propagate any meme if it's repeated enough.

The colors were red, yellow, white and blue. There were no parallels to Nazis, you're just looking for your liberal boogeyman

Stay cucked bro

Your shit

>slightly

>Dress in dark colors with red armband
>Go to a rally and make NS-salute like gestures
>Kill illegal immigrants
No, nothing Nazi about it.

What are you talking about. We're talking biblical jesus. Motherfucker would blast fake ass faggots ON SIGHT. He rolled 12 deep. City to city and took that shit over. Always hangin with hoes and bringing wine. Walking up to the marketplace on Sunday like "SHUT IT DOWN. I WONT ASK TWICE" And they'd shut that shit down and say "Thank you, Jesus. we didnt mean anything by-" "NEVER AGAIN" "yes boss" And then he'd roll off to another town preach peace and love to get free pussy. Then he and his boys would just shoot the shit all day. People got angry that he was SO DOPE so they snitched on him and tried to frame him as this anarchist cult leader. Got strung up. And his death redpilled entire generations not to trust the government. It was a FAKE NEWS witch hunt. And Jesus paid the ultimate price for it.

SAD

I finished the book last week and it's far less political than the show.

No I'm not, I'm not one of these triggered kiddies, I don't give a fuck about politics, not even my own countries much less someone else's, they whole town setup struck me as very fascist, I liked it but I'm clearly not the only one who thought that

>internet god doesn't look like this but some faggot skrillex bullshit
Social media killed the internet.

Yes slightly, by next ep it could be slightly the other way

Not really, you seem to have missed some shit, if it was your first time reading it that's understandable

ITS HYPERBOLE. Welcome to the wonderful world of television! Some television uses figurative devices to cause this exact conversation. It's working, you cuck. You're triggered and now looking for other people's opinions to help with your conflict.

Hi /TV
I never saw American Gods because I don't watch TV anymore. I stopped watching TV 10 years ago. I suggest you do the same.

>tfw when I genuinely didn't think of nazi's when I saw that Vulcan town

It's ok. Bit of a slow burn for the plebian that I am.

I hope that they do a good job when they show the gods forms when it comes down to it.

Wish Wednesday killing Vulcan in the last episode was done better. Literally just a average looking man swinging the sword in a very fast scene. That's fucking Odin, they could of instilled some power in the scene ya know. tfw no bf JUST

No I'm not, your confusing me with some genuinely triggered anons, like you are now, look buddy this has been one of my favorite books since forever, I'm really liking the show, I really liked Vulcans inclusion, I also thought the town looked very Nazi like, I'm sorry that thought is triggering for you, I'm on your side you dumb shit, I've been defending this show and its choices since before it came out, I'll continue to do so unless the show turns to shit, which so far it shows no signs of doing, I'm not your Sup Forums boogie man, I don't care shadow is black, I like that they brought gay cabbie back as it always annoyed me that he just disappeared from the book. I like this show, I liked Nazi town. OK get it

If Vulcan was working for the new gods all along why did he craft Odin the sword?

why the fuck are you even posting on Sup Forums then? fuck off forever

lmao u have no idea what ur even saying fag

So what was political there apart from the Indians and poking fun at 'pagan' New-Agey types with that waitress character?

I was hyped to see Corbin in the show, and disappointed to see him die in the same episode.

On the other hand, this is the first time in the entire series I actually thought Emily Browning was bearable.

Maybe because he was replying to me not you?

he originally was meant to represent Sup Forums (neckbeards) but was later changed because the books were old and social media has a bigger impact now

it's a shit

the funeral scene in the 1st ep got me hard as a diamond

Imagine walking through life being this triggered over literally everything.

Imagine not just turning the show off and never thinking of it again

Imagine believing that every piece of art should conform to your narrow safe space snowflake politics

Also Sam and all the eastern European stuff, the racist cop, Mr Towns entire thought process, the general critique of small town life in general and all the shit with ded woif

>snowflake
Stop appropriating our word.

>writer makes a character wich is literally /ourguy/
>ghey showrunners prettify him because God forbid normies see a realistic nerd in a TV-show (as opposed to "nerds" like Mr.Normie and Bazooper)

Shadow was pretty shitty in the book too.

I like it, but Sup Forums is right. The assassination of Mexican Jesus was like some sort of satire of itself. When they kept showing the gun with "thy kingdom come" etched into it or when mexican jesus got shot in the hand. Christ. Tone it the fuck down. It's tacky and silly.

Its pretty funny like the book he just seems dense,
Shadow
>hey theirs a giant mechanical spider on the road
Wednesday
>yea its a guard
Shadow
>what is it
Wednesday
>its a guard Highway put it their
Shadow
>what is it?
Wednesday
>its a fucking guard, fucks sake your dad should've pulled out, I wish Thor was still alive

every fuckin time

He recently made his own show with Keanu Reeves. It was pretty good. He even managed to put my waifu in it as two different characters. And they made out with each other.
As far as I'm concerned, Peter is the best person in Hollywood.

I think it was like american Jesus killed Mexican Jesus, it did seem really over the top though, unless they were their specificly to kill Jesus they did all have Vulcan guns, only thing that makes sense

im so high rn, you guys are probably right

yea thought so