Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man #1

You niggas ain't post Spider-Man yet?! SHEEEIIITTTT

Thank you OP

Been waiting for this and Daredevil (I hope someone story times it) all day

I've read it before and it was meh

isn't Spidey's suit an armor-type suit now? If it is, how'd it get ripped?

That's a good question. I though it was like Nano-bots or something, but still.

It's a Gage comic. Of course its meh.

>That face in the last panel

This art is gross.

I'm already board. Im reading as I post it.

Why did his spider-sense kick in after he got hit, but not when he was about to get hit again?

Lewd!

They need to just fuck already.

Slott should have wrote this.

But not as cringey as Slott's

>be a nobody teenager
>get powers
>suddenly important
>get to hang out with all the heroes
>everybody likes you

This is going to end well.

Well that's a dull response.

WHO COULD IT BE!?

This really sucked. Like I just didn't really care about anything.

Gage lost of a respect from me with his "writing" during superior but he's a better writer than Slott is these days. Even the new run of ASM is just slightly better than that trash heap of the last one.

>Spidermans pose in the last panel.

Christ, isn't this Marvel's major event? You'd think they'd put more effort into one of their most beloved characters.

It's the kind of response you would have if your friend got back doing drugs. So probably a pretty appropriate response

Just like any other plot-powered """main""" event characters he either going to die horribly or will be tossed in to the comic book limbo by the end of the event.

#GIVEPETEABOYFREIND

I guess I just don't hate Slott like most do. His stuff is pretty okay. I think he tries way to much to make his run stand out from everyone else.

It's a tie in issue for a mini. Considering ASM is still going and this is just a mini with the same name, I'm not surprised they have fill in artists do these.

My problem is that he has great ideas, poor execution. Superior Spider-man was a great idea handled poorly to piss people off. All the other writers did a better job because pissing off readers wasn't there goal. The return of Peter and Spider-verse was absolute garbage imo and ruined what could've been a fun and awesome event having all the Spiders throwdown instead of jobbing and then the bad guys job at the end.

Slott has always had trouble ending a series well but his overall writing has deteriorated and the man just annoyed the hell out of me with his twitter and forum responses.

It didn't really suck. It just feels useless, like you could have gone without it so I suppose for some people that is reason for consider it to be sucking. Like they really only did it because Spidey is one of the most popular characters so he NEED a tie-in with Civil War
Like, ok that I have stopped reading Spidey some time after OMD, but who the hell is the guy that should supposedly become evil? He was either introduced relatively recently or he's not even a D-lister, we reach the W or Y-list

That's what happens with most event tie-ins.

They're using Ulysses correctly. They didn't arrest him for something they didn't do, they tailed him until they caught him in the act before he could do anything.
According to Tony Stark, this is BAD, because using precognition is always BAD.

Superior had a solid first half. I feel like it got dragged down because Peter coming back was inevitable. Return of Peter wasn't that great and Spider-Verse was only interesting because I got more Spock. I really hate how the Spiders won because they went, "hey. Instead of losing, how about we win." So dumb.

> the man just annoyed the hell out of me with his twitter and forum responses
what does he do?

>Predicted two earthquakes
If Tony Stark had his way, nobody would have been warned about those earthquakes

Oh look, two people who would be dead if Iron Man had his way.

BUT MUH RHODEY

That's the problem with the conflict so far, they haven't gone pre-crime yet. They even waited for Thanos and celestial to get on the planet first. The only problem so far was taking WM into a fight he shouldn't have been in.

Who in the world thinks "you're welcome any time" means sleep naked in your friend's bed?" What kind of a fucking moron is Christos Gage to think anyone, including Johnny Storm, is this insanely stupid?

Sometimes I think Marvel is so anti Peter/MJ (or really, anti Peter/anyone) because all the people in charge self-insert shipping Peter with Johnny or Wade but can't make it canon.

>The only problem so far was taking WM into a fight he shouldn't have been in.
Which is not Ulysses' fault in any way, so Tony kidnapping him is stupid.

so this is where carol does something wrong, right? they fuck up and pre-crime arrest sound guy?

because otherwise ulysses is just saving lives and helping people while stark throws a fit and slams his fists on the table

Slott is shit and Gage is barely mediocre.

Just watch.Now that the time lines don't splinter anymore him saving all these people is gonna fuck shit up

>He's...traveling
Shit, Peter, isn't this why you employ Hobie?

>Jesus Christ, not this shit story again.

>Now that the time lines don't splinter anymore
Huh?

>him saving all these people is gonna fuck shit up
How?

Which man? Why does Peter automatically think it's Harry and not Clayton?

God, this is a boring issue. And stupid.

>guy that should supposedly become evil

He's a Slott donut steel, which makes him automatically shit tier.

Except that Peter noticed the guy had all the hallmarks of someone about to pull a crime, and if Peter had been by himself and noticed the perp, Peter would have probably followed him as well.

Because Harry was the fucking Green Goblin? Not to mention Peter cares more about Harry than Clayton.

>I told Johnny I wouldn't break you.
>He wants this Spider-Dick all to himself.

Peter wouldn't have even been there if Ulysses hadn't told him (otherwise Ulysses wouldn't have had the vision of him killing), and even if he had been there, he probably wouldn't have paid any attention to some random guy on the street.
So no, those people would be dead without Ulysses. Fuck Tony Stark.

Th cover looks like Spiderman just finished reading this shitty event

Where to start? He baits people and then gets mad. He said he'd piss people off with ASM 700. And was surprised when people were pissed off. Said he was going to piss people off with SSM 9, the one where Peter loses against Otto in his mind. People were pissed off and he was like "LOL". And then he said people were going to be pissed off when Spock punched Felicia in the face. There was a reaction but not that big.

He's got a thin skin, says he'll block everyone, actively attacks people that criticize his work. He's condescending. Made a mess of Peter getting his memories back even though Otto deleted them, because apparently even though the memories are gone, the memory of the memories are still there. And he said an 11 year old understood that perfectly.

Constantly starts company wars over the movies like he has anything to do with them. And is happily sitting as Spider-man's writer for forever because he knows his next gig will never be that big.

But really, Spider-verse was garbage aside from the tie-ins.

You see the potential and then he either delivers bland writing or attempts to anger people at the expense of the comic.

I'd trade to nobodies for War Machine and Shulk.

It's not like I'm waiting in anticipation every month to see what zany adventures random guy and restraining order girl get into.

I wish the "Parker Industries: Home for reformed villains" was expanded on more often. Its the only unique and interesting part of making Pete a business man

Well, since this is a tie-in miniseries, I doubt Clayton will actually become a bad guy again, since odds are Slott still wants to use him in the main book.
Peter will do something to make sure this future never comes to pass, and he will officially be on board Team Carol because he thinks Ulysses is a cool dude and he's mad about Tony Stark cucking him all the time.

I said it before and I'll sya it again. Mark my words, he will end up killing himself to stop them fighting over him. Remove the option so to speak.

It will be a "what have we become?" moment that wont go anywhere.

This art is trash.

War Machine's death is not Ulysses' fault, we've been over this. Feel free to blame Carol if you want, but you can't blame the informant.

>his first vision is of him on the verge of taking over or destroying the world
>he's too afraid to tell anyone
>as time goes on with the heroes fighting over him he gets more and more negative and hates everything
>embraces his dark future and sees it as solving all the problems, either by forcing peace or going crazy and killing everyone
>he reveals his vision to everyone and then takes his life
>"the future is not meant to be known"
> X_X

How the fuck did he get away with TWO Spider-Men right there? Why didn't Miguel go after him instead of just standing there like an asshole?

I don't have it but a kind user has illustrated that he had a getaway boat and managed to flee.

But yes it is impossible for a man in a green and purple suit with no powers to escape two spider-men, even if one is temporarily paralyzed. What gets me is that they're all "okay" and don't even scour the place for him.

Agreed. It's a fun and interesting aspect.

Wished more super-heroes with companies and money did this kind of stuff.

Not a bad issue for my test. Not everything has to be punchs and webs after all. Now, I just expect Spidey will act just like with the wanna-be murderer; be ready, but not acting until the very last moment just in case.

>I'm gonna make so much money off of you
No wonder Spider-Man is on Team Carol

>No one likes a bad derivate shtick
>Civil War II
Is the writer just shitting on editorial?

Is Johnny stupid, or did he know Peter was coming and was just fucking with him? They're friends, and Peter has a tendency to make Johnny regress to teenage prankster when he's around.

So, with all we know so far, I must say I'm in favor of using Ulysses. They haven't gone full Minority Report yet, and even if they do that still wouldn't change the fact that he can avert disasters before they happen.
Iron Man has no leg to stand on right now.

"With Great Power Must Also Come Unethical Selfish Behavior to Screw Over the Competition and Take All the Benjamins For Myself"

So you sleep naked in your friend's bed just to fuck with him? Interesting. Sure it's not because you really want to fuck him?

Well....Spidey essentially wants to use him to make a shit ton of money. So maybe they start out misusing him on other ends.

Okay so I'm relatively new to all this comics malarkey and have been mostly catching up with the old stuff.

Can somebody tell me what's up with Peter being a businessman and having Spider-Man work at the company and hiring all these ex-super villains?

There are a lot of iterations of how Medusa's hair is depicted, some of which are pretty ridiculous.

This one I like though.

>not following dead ends

Yeah, this isn't how science works. We often learn a lot from dead ends.

I do get Tony's point though. Using him to stop desasters and all that is fine and dandy. But how long until that isn't enough anymore?
And Carol (as well as Medusa) aren't neccesarily the best moral compasses around.
Imagine if it turns out we got Skrulls again and then throw Ulysses into the mix.

Spider-Man looking into this will be the catalyst that causes Clayton to don his suit again.

If they had done nothing Clayton would have been fine.

Peter Parker founded his own business (technically Dr Octopus did while he was in control of his body back in Superior Spider-Man, but that's another story) and after the Secret Wars time-skip he's become really succesful, even more than Tony Stark. Spider-Man is an employee of Parker Industries and its corporate mascot, few people know his secret.
Peter hired Harry because they're bros, and he hired that Craston guy because he's a genius and he thought he deserved a second chance.
Anything else?

Wow. This is sure to blow up in Peter's face.

>Flying car.
This is never going to get used.

Nah, that's a pretty concise way of bringing me on board. Thanks.

>Imagine if it turns out we got Skrulls again and then throw Ulysses into the mix.
Then Ulysses could tell people who is a Skrull and would save a bunch of lives.
Unless you're saying a Skrull replaces Ulysses? Well in that case we're all fucked if nobody figures it out in time.

>Unless you're saying a Skrull replaces Ulysses? Well in that case we're all fucked if nobody figures it out in time.
Exactly. The danger isn't in "using" him per se. The danger is getting used to doing so.

Some of the facial expression may drawn a bit bad but you got to admit that's this is pretty good villainous face right here.

Also like how Ulysses' facial expressions are what's telling half the story in these two pages. Don't have to really question what's going on here when given the context of his powers.

>But who the hell is the guy that should supposedly become evil?

Around the time Peter got back control of his body from Ock and started being Spider-Man Slott wrote some side issues for when Peter was just starting out crime fighting.

Basically it describes the transition Peter had from his initial mind set in being Spider-Man (getting paid in order to take care of his aunt) to becoming what he's known for now (helping others because of responsibility).

Around that time, Clash was a fan of Spider-Man who started to try being a hero but mainly did it for the popularity and not for the responsibility and ended up becoming a villain. Spider-Man would eventually beat and him and Clash would get locked up.

He would make an appearance later on in Slott's present run where Peter decided to hire him when he had trouble looking for a job due to his crime background (although reformed) and was about to resort to crime again to survive.

That's some shit, scratchy art.

why is Peter summoning his stand?

She-Hulk had a flying car way back in Byrne's run.