Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #6

Welp, for the 5 people who were reading this, lets bring her home.

Just me here? Anyone reading?

I am. Just reading for completionist's sake, really.

fyi, I'm posting this at my Job, so if I pause, it's because I have to help some one.

yes

I sure love all these random background lanterns we only meet for a panel or two as they die

They were the best of them user. SHOW SOME FUCKING RESPECT!

Well...this whole series was kind of lame. I was hoping for more of those Lightwilder guys. I was hoping for a lot of stuff that can't happen when you're in a limited run series.

Bump

>Why don't we just push the city somewhere else?

>Boodikka behind Guy's right shoulder
How?

>missing the perfect moment to recite the oath

So I stopped reading most of the GL books after Johns left. How did the GLs get into the universe before ours?

They do it too much as it is. It's nice for them to show some restraint. It became very memey by the end of the Johns run. If they start using it a bit less like a box that needs to be checked off in every story it might start feeling special again.

Is this some kind of lesbian confession from the empath lantern?

I didn't notice that til you pointed it out. And neither did editing.

They never actually said

>They do it too much as it is
I can't actually recall the last time it's been said

Not even in that Lost Army book that came before this? I barely remember what happened in that.

And that guy with the horns is supposed to be dead too, I think. I can't remember his name, but I think it had a ' in it.

Dunno. Anyone wearing a green wrong just vanished.
Hal was left because he had the gauntlet on instead.

Is B'dg still dead?
Because him getting killed off made me drop this book

>green wrong
Fucking spell check.

>the gauntlet
What the hell did Venditti do to this series?

S'okay, I knew what you meant.

Evidently not, the tear he and Arias got sucked into is the way home.

Hannu, I think?

Nope, they never said

Also Edge of Oblivion completely ignored Relic and Krona and the color changing crystals or whatever from Lost Army

Well in this issue Baz flies through the rip that Arisia and B'dg fell through and it implies that's probably the way to go home so I assume Arisia and B'dg are fine

Nothing too stupid, just kinda mediocre.
And why does the gauntlet make you ask?

He went through the tear in space, so he clearly survived like the rest of them did there at the end

>What the hell did Venditti do to this series?
A whole lot of "this idea could have been interesting, but" combined with bad-to-mediocre execution

I'm weighing whether or not to jump back into GL books.

Sinestro was pretty great. It was a great Lantern Book.

Give it a shot.
Green Lanterns should be different.
And seeing Hal working with the corps at large hasn't happened for a while.

I wonder if it'll be a plot point how they even ended up out of the universe.

I'm mean if they want an easy out...

Well they still technically haven't come back yet, it sounds like they won't be "back" in the DCU until HJ&GLC 1 or 2

even though Baz is hanging out on Earth like nothing happened and Hal doesn't know where the rest of the Corps is

Well, this was boring and pointless as shit.

Yeah, what the fuck was the point of this? It didn't address a goddamn thing about how they got there, had a non-ending that may or may not be addressed later, dropped every plot point from Lost Army (which also frankly wasn't that great but was at least more interesting than this tripe)

why didn't they just let Bunn do 12 issues of Lost Army? That couldn't possibly have been worse and then we wouldn't have had two pointless minis

Yeah, there really was no point to this, even sales wise only issues 1 and 2 were above issue 6 of Lost Army

Ah yes. Return home by flying there. A classic.

I am

I appreciate the effort

How do you make a book about the Green Lanterns fighting monsters that eat dying universes seem boring as fuck? Christ.

same here

from van sciever to McDaniel. A metaphor for the series?

Van Sciver is fucking dogshit, mate.

meh, I deserved to get something out of this. But no. Instead of killing of Muslim lantern or Kyle, we instead got a bunch of poor alien lanterns. Then Van sciver bailed by issue three. Then Taylor did some hand fisted social commentary on refugees. Then undermined said commentary. If oblivion did anything it served as a holding piece until Bunn was through with Sinestro.

Kinda sucks the creates changed shape. I liked the other designs more.

This series is dead. We're just fighting so Taylor can cash a paycheck.

Thanks user. Don't worry. Much like this series, we know disappointment.

And, more of this bullshit. 'bring the survivors. Expose our universe to an unknown race with diseases.'

Bunn shoved them aside so Sinestro could take over. It was never really addressed and never will be. Bunn's back at Marvel. Smugnestro is about to face Hal and his lantern. Basically Sinestro is going to go the way of Soule's RL series. Amusing since sinestro shit all over that book.

Don't. The side books have been the best

Sinestro was good even if it did retcon other Red Lantern.

raped the New Gods, Destroyed most of the corps. Gave us Kyle/Carol.

Pick up Red Lanterns and Sinestro. Depending on if you like JLI you should pick up Larfleeze. Otherwise, just leave Lanterns in their containment series.

>Gave us Kyle/Carol
that was Justin Jordan's doing, Venditti was just responsible for Hal and Carol's retarded break up

He sells issues. And I'd like to see him follow thru for once

the best part of this book was the artist and how cute he made the Kilowog family look.

He dropped out of EoO to draw GLs Rebirth and HJGLC Rebirth and he'll be one of the ongoing artists on HJGLC

I assume he will probably stick to HJGLC for a while at least, it basically sounds like his dream book

>@EthanVanSciver 32m32 minutes ago

>What the hell? #GreenLantern WIP.

>I truly hope you don't hate it or me. Thank you. #Rebirth #DCComics #HalJordan

bump