lol, what a manchild
>Spend $100 on a bottle of alcohol
Wow, such a sophisticated person

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DFfHGGhCxCM
simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mouth-strikes-again/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, we know normies are hypocritical trash. Where do you think you are?

Oh goody I finally get to post this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=DFfHGGhCxCM

TL;DW
Rich people can afford to have shit taste until the middle class catches up.

>live in your family's house
What a loser
>live in your family's mansion
What a sophisticated guy

>Fuck your cousin and are poor
White trash hillbilly
>Fuck your cousin and are rich
How do you do your highness

It works under the assumption that they are able to fully appreciate this $100 dollar beverage. That generally takes years if not decades to refine your palette, as well as a certain maturity, to where you are able to distinguish and truly enjoy every aspect of each of the flavors, aromas and other characteristics.

While children's picture books and dolls simply require you to be smart enough to not choke to death from trying to eat whatever inedible flavorless mass that holds your fixation.

Many figures are very detailed and skillfully made sculptures, but if you want to be taken seriously as an adult you should instead spend hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars on a painting like this one.

Numerous scientific studies have shown "professional" wine tasters will give a wine higher scores in a blind taste test if they're told it's more expensive. Fuck off.

That could be very easily turned the other way around.

Alcohol is a consumable good while comics and figures are capitalistic built in identities for socially impaired

I feel like it's inevitable that one day someone will spend millions of dollars on a piece of fine art only to realize that it was actually a very abstract loss.jpg

Spending my money on a consumable commodity vs spending my money on a commodity that will last my entire life.

Hmm.

I don't think that user actually believes that. He's just explaining how other people look at it.

One can be enjoyed for several lifetimes if taken care of properly while the other just turns into urine.

Honestly I don't think as many people as you think find buying pricey wine sophisticated.

>spending money on comics

I don't really ever drink for the enjoyment of the taste of the beverage. I do it to get shitfaced

Right?

Or

>Spends $1,000 on a fucking purse

>Takes duckface selfie with it claiming she's done "adulting" for the day.

Isn't a woman-child who needs to get her priorities straight.

>When a i was a teenager i was bullied for liking comics, anime and videogames and not liking popular stuff
>Hated sheep trend people
>Now everybody pretend to be nerd
>I still like comics
>Being tagged Sheep trend person

REEEEHHH

I just felt like making this.

>Spend $100 on a bottle of alcohol
>Wow, such a sophisticated person
I think most people would say that's fucking stupid, really.

I also think that people would be interested about your income if you spend 100 dollars on things like alchohol or comics though, like OH! I wonder what that guy does, he must be well off.

Has anyone read Simon Pegg's essay on culture being infantilized?

simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mouth-strikes-again/

What do you think? I really disagree because it relies on the premise that the average romcom, sitcom or action flick is any less vapid than superhero popcorn films.

>Why doesn't the rest of society view an expensive bottle of wine the same way as my 10 inch Spawn figure?

Because some of us have lives.

shitty lives, going by your post

Also many people lack the receptors to appreciate truffles flavor. So some people actually enjoy it while others feel like it is special even if they are unable to appreciate it.

Because alcohol is supposed to be shared with friends or people in a context of social interaction, while the comic is prefereably something you would do alone. If you spend $100 on alcohol you're gonna drink alone people will rightfully call you an alcoholic.

No double standard here.

Right angle other way around, champ.

How is that even an argument?

>spending money on material goods that will last indefinitely with care
What a loser
>Buying disgusting food or disgusting amounts of food
I-It's genetics!

It's like you guys don't understand that the only thing that matters is the material possessions you leave behind. You'll be remember for a generation at most. Spending your money on clutter proves you existed at one point.

A right angle means a T rotated 90°

I remember one user doing To the Kyon-kun Denwa scene. It was pretty cool.

It depicts her suffering body on the bed, following the gentle curve oh her spine and legs and shit.

If I buy a comic, I can let my friends borrow it, and while not the same as sharing a drink at a social gathering, the shared enjoyment of the comic is still valuable.

So buying expensive wine means that you have a life ?

>not supporting something you love

kys

>loving comics

>Spend $100 on charity
What a generous person
>Spend $100 a prostitute who can't speak English and was probably trafficked into the country
Get indicted

It's just about the look.
>fill oak shelves with hardcover books in muted colors
My, what a classy study! Even though it could be 60s trash novels or some other shit.
> Fill a Billy with the greatest comics ever drawn
Oh, what a juvenile mancave!

It's just about looking like a cliché of wealth. And that includes thick books in muted colors on oak shelves, globes, maps, leather furniture and whiskey in crystal decanters.
Even if it's trash books, outdated globes, pointless maps, uncomfortable furniture and shit whiskey.
If you ever were in a university, you would see their actually useful libraries are full of softcovers in primary colors and weird, impossible to match formats, everyone uses Google maps or digital maps, you sit in wooden chairs and nobody drinks whiskey.

Think of the type of people who buy the goods

It's like people comparing baseball caps with fedoras

>I can let my friends borrow it

Letting someone borrow a game is not social interaction, playing the game togheter is.

The big difference is that comics are an object wich is designed to be used/enjoyed by 1 person. Thus people assume by default that the person buying comics is going to read them alone. People see you buying alcohol, they assume you're gonna have friend come to your house or a party, because again anything $50 is too much for one person, people see you buying comics and they rightfully assume you're gonna read them alone.

>Spend $100 on a blowjob
What a loser!
>Spend $100 on some woman's diner. Get nothing in return but having to listen to her inane shit
Sorry, but it's just not working out

>ITT: Poors

It's not just about the expectation of how many people you're going to share it with. It's the price too. The more expensive the alcohol the more the buyer is perceived as sophisticated (even though you can't taste the difference between it and the grocery store brand). The more expensive the comic or figure is on the other hand, the more the buyer is perceived as an immature child throwing away money.

>It's like people comparing baseball caps with fedoras
>m'lady
>muh nigga
oh

>Confirmed for never buying a nice bottle of wine at dinner
>Confirmed for thinking that personal enjoyment from a toy is the same from sharing something with friends and/or family

Pretty sad to be honest.

>Letting someone borrow a game is not social interaction, playing the game togheter is.

The interaction come from talking about it afterwards
Not everyone likes multiplayer games

I get minimum wage and have about $700 disposable income a month. Don't be retarded with money and you can buy whatever you want.

I asked how it's an argument and you failed to provide any response.

Go fuck yourself normie.

Sup Forums- Video Games

Because alcohol usually happens in a social situation and almost everyone likes to drink.

Comics are usually less social and triggers a REEEE reaction as shown on Sup Forums.

You can share toys with your friends and/or family. It's called playtime, and it's wonderful. I play action figures with my mom all the time.

I wonder if there's a wine-lover forum where they constantly bitch about the new wines they bought

>implying this isn't a Laotian wine discussion message board

>I play action figures with my mom all the time

is this the average Sup Forums poster ?

>I asked how it's an argument and you failed to provide any response.

I did when I said:

>thinking that personal enjoyment from a toy is the same from sharing something with friends and/or family

Do you never try and buy nice glasses of wine when you're on a date? Do you instead try and impress your girlfriend (more than likely boyfriend) with your impressive Wolverine figure collection?

There are places where $700 USD equivalent is a workers entire wages for a month. This isn't China or India either, these places are relatively close to western civilization or within it's sphere like the Balkans.

Associate with normalfags, deal with the consequences of normalfags.

It's that simple.

You said:
>Because some of us have lives.
And you failed to explain how that's an argument.

Go fuck yourself normie.

>Spend $100 on a blowjob

That must be a very fucking good blowjob