I want to end this once and for all. Snyder's run is SHIT and the only reason it's praised is because of Capullo...

I want to end this once and for all. Snyder's run is SHIT and the only reason it's praised is because of Capullo. You are a DEGENRATE CASUAL IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XscaGDxuQqE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Snyderfags have been uppity as fuck ever since Batman's Rebirth issue dropped. I swear to god the only people that like his shit like it because it's the only Batman book they've ever read.

Great argument, bud.

It's okay, I'm pretty sure the fact that it was the only decent Batman book when the New 52 started helped

I found it boring. I bought I was also turned off early on when they brought in different artists during City of the Owls.

I wouldn't say he's shit, but yeah I mostly like his stuff because of Capullo.

>DEGENRATE
At least I can spell degenerate, you degenerate.

>not Batman Inc.
spot the casual.

it's over written drek. The constant speeches and foreshadowing and the constant "but Bruce, like, KNOWS this person" and that interminable zero year shitfest. He also completely doesnt understand the Joker. He's just another writer who thinks he's being edgy when the joker somehow has time to drown a town of people into a question mark shape instead of say; something with an inherent dark humour that reader can identify. People took such shite lessons from Killing Joke. Capullo is great thought.

>degenerate
>casual
>stop liking what I don't like
>extreme butthurt

8/10, quality shitpost.

I don't think I ever want to see a fucking narration box again thanks to Snyder

Hey Snyderfags! Ready to be BTFO by King next week?

Batman Inc. launched almost a year after the New 52 started, double casual.

lies and slander

What pains me about this run is that it was filled with so much unfulfilled potential. Every arc started off good and ended like a train wreck. I will never not be mad about the ending to City of Owls being "hurr maybe it's Bruce's brother... OR IS IT?" I mean Snyder pulled the "OR IS IT???" card a ton of times and they were always obnoxious, but that was the one that really just wreaked of hackneyed fanfiction.net tier writing.

Also I understand Snyder's personal reasons for not wanting to write Damian, but good lord just leave the sidekicks alone then. Did we really need Harper Row and Duke Thomas instead? I mean I've seen worse OCs, but these were pretty bad and now we're going to be stuck with them for a long time.

Zero Year was fine to be honest. It was interesting watch Bruce grew into the role and become less edgy about it.

I agree on the other stories, they had some good moments but nothing more.

He's a hack who tries to one up himself with each story arc and yet gets progressively worse. I liked Court of Owls, but god damn they needed to get new blood. He was more concerned about leaving his mark on the Joker than making a decent story

>Did we really need Harper Row and Duke Thomas instead? I mean I've seen worse OCs, but these were pretty bad and now we're going to be stuck with them for a long time.

Thats the entire reason, he wants his OC donuts around for a while.

I'm not one to get into huge arguments over this kinda crap but Snyders run wasn't really that good, and I'm a pretty big Batman fan. Court of owls was decent but everything from there on just seemed overly wordy and convoluted especially Death in the Family.

aside from Capullo on art a good portion of this run is just mediocre, which isnt what you want out of a flagship book.

>it's praised is because of Capullo

Which is actually depressing, because Capullo isn't very good. Shit run, not very good artist.

I haven't even read Snyder.

If you think the only reason anyone would think to call you an asshole is because they're some kind of fanboy, you're more autistic than I thought.

Its an endless competition to these retards sometimes, like nerd sports

NAH MAN DC IS GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS AT THE STATE SEMIFINALS

It's just this ridiculous thought process that pisses me off.
>he dislikes thing which means he likes opposing thing
People forming allegiances to to inanimate objects is extremely unhealthy.

Yup. Seconded. I'm glad seeing others here didn't care for Death of the Family as at the time it felt like everyone couldnt stop eating it's asshole.

Were you on Sup Forums at the time? I remember everyone being fairly hyped right up until the ending and then shit hit the fan real hard when the ending turned out to be fucking nothing. No Alfred getting his hand cut off (which he actually did pull the trigger on later? and then didn't do anything with it and immediately retconned it???), no actual deaths, just "everyone's kinda mad at Bruce." I remember everyone being doubly upset because of all the interviews and press stuff hyping it up to high hell with some "consequences will never be the same!" nonsense. And then oh look over in Batman Inc. Morrison just out of nowhere fucking killed Damian, some actual earth-shattering consequences to the Batfamily.

Anyway that's the context I remember here on Sup Forums when it was coming out.

he was mediocre

ideas were fine
execution not so much, especially the endings

Zach Snyder may be a shit director, but you have to admit Affleck was good.

but snyder's batman and joker were so cute together.

We can't blame him for Harper. Not entirely.

Cass was originally supposed to save Bruce from the maze and DC said no Cass.

Some little girl created Bluebird and asked him to put her in a comic so he started crafting Harper. His Harper stuff wasn't so bad. It was mediocre like most of his run. But she probably wouldn't have been what she was if editorial let him use Cass.

Tynion is where Harper really, really went off the rails into pure fucking garbage though. If you ask me.

(You)

youtu.be/XscaGDxuQqE

Praising and enjoying a run of a comic because of the Art over the Writing is not that crazy of a place to be.

Kek, this was in the back of my mind ehen I posted that.

Damn nigga, Snyder isn't that good, but Capullo's art is amazing.

Glomasi consistently outclassed Snyder, hell, they were the only ones to make leatherface Joker effective, and that was Snyder's idea in the first place.

>and that was Snyder's idea in the first place.

I thought that was forced on him because Daniels had plans for it but they wanted the event Batman book to do a Joker story and he had plans for one and got stuck with No-Face Joker. At least that's what you faggots tell me.

Highest selling, most critically acclaimed Batman run in 16 years.

The only people who don't like it are Sup Forums neck beards.

WHOLE run? Yeah it was shit.

Court of Owls was solid Batman though.

(You)'ll catch a few.

I feel like shit is harsh. Sup Forums seems so unable to accept that things can fall between great and shit.

I'd say Snyder's Batman was a readable five years but it's not a run I'd really recommend past Court of Owls and maybe Superheavy. I have a bit of a softspot for Superheavy. CoO had a trash ending but everything else was great and I do like the Court as a villain group.

>criticism of it being simply mediocre and leaning heavily on the artist means nobody "likes" it.

how's the spectrum going for you?

Sale=Quality now?

>waaah it didn't have Damian so it's shit!

Morrison's kids are so annoying. They probably never read anything aside of his run

Winick>Snyder

>user shitposters see things in Black and White...

Thanks, Sharon, be right back, sports with Jank M'Balls after this quick commercial...

Why was Snyders run bad

It wasn't overall bad, but parts of it were.

It wasn't. OP is an iphone posting dummy.

Batman and Robin was the worst thing to happen to Sup Forums because it essentially made it impossible to criticize Morrison on Sup Forums without a legion of babies jumping out of the wood work to cry about it, and every Batman work since has had "Not muh Morrison" as a major mark against it.

The best part is before Batman & Robin no one on Sup Forums liked his Batepic and all anyone wanted to do was whine about Tim potentially not being Robin anymore.

b-b-but Dickbats!
as a casual that only read Morrison he was the best Batman has ever been!

>Sup Forums didn't like The Black Glove or RIP

>Runs better than Snyder:
Englehart
Mille
Moench
Grant
Dixon
Milligan
Brubaker
Rucka
Dini
Morrison

Please shut the fuck up

No love for Winick?

Snyder loves to write long passages of prose in his narration boxes that have obvious and cliched symbolism, his story arcs start out interesting and get dumber with every subsequent issue, he writes Bruce like an absolute retard, and his infatuation with the Joker leads to some of the dumbest, try hard shit I've ever seen in a Batman comic (aside from Miller).

>The Black Glove

Was that the story where most of Sup Forums bitched non-stop about Morrison taking away the sainthood of the Waynes?

>Dixon
>better than anything

Why do I even argue with Dickfags.

No, it was the one where he introduced his cheesy international Batmen on that actor guy's island.

Dixon's standard, mediocre as fuck writing isn't anywhere as bad as Snyder's edgy dogshit. Hurts, doesn't it?

That's exactly what it was.

>So I knew that in Detective they were going to take Joker away for a while, and Tony had a couple of different ideas about how to do that. I talked to him about it and began to think about the kind of story I’d eventually want to tell, and [Tony] had a couple of different options; any of them would’ve really worked. But this one I thought would tail perfectly into this, so he really wanted to go with the taking the face off one. It was cool with me, so he did that, and then about six months ago I started talking with Peter Tomasi about a story we could do to bring the Joker back.

Joker lost his face in Detective #1. Synder didn't use Joker until like issue 14

Dixon>Austen>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bendis

Where's O'neil?

>infatuation with Joker

He was in 2 arcs for like 8 issue out of 50.

>implying he read any of that

Lmao, he just looked for a list of Batman writers and listed them quickly

Forgot him, I've only read his Ra's stuff so I need to finally get caught up on the rest of his work

Snyderfags are so easily triggered :)

Lmfao

That's what I thought.

I also know Joker kind of got fucked over because editorial wanted him to be an event-level villain and then Snyder got stuck writing Joker stories and big events.

It's why he said that All-Star Batman is essentially his place to tell the little stories he wasn't able to tell before.

Answer the fucking question before I hack your computor.

I love Winick's Outsiders if that makes you feel better friend. We can go have shitty taste together.

I need to collect that run. Been meaning to look on IST for trades.

Duh?

Is that why Hydra Cap is the most purchase comic this month?

>reminder that Breyfogle is BEST Bats artist.