Garden State

Interested in what you teenagers and early to mid 20 year olds think of this movie. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQQMCGZB1q4
youtube.com/watch?v=5tZlu4wP4pw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thought so

We think that data mining and surveying is against the rules.
Hope that clears things up, Chief.

I don't know what the fuck you're even talking about but from what you just wrote there you ca,e off as a complete paranoid autistic loser.

Closing in on 30, but I remember liking it and the soundtrack.

But I have a thing for slightly depressed early 2000's movies like Lost in Translation.

wait till you hit 30 or 31... it sucks bro

I kind of envy all the youngins' on this board. They have no idea what they are in for...

I know a lot of people find it pretentious and corny but I thought this was a pretty good directors debut for someone who never really directed before. It made me interested in NJ.

Natalie Portman is also cute in some scenes. But Mark reminds me of myself. Also great soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQQMCGZB1q4

hated it when it came out when i was 14

Hate it now

Its just a all round shitty movie and every time ive watched it, it just gets shittier.

im 26 now and its so typical tweee early 2000's hipster crap and not in an endeering or interesting way like wes andersons style of work but just fucking stupid and boring.

youtube.com/watch?v=5tZlu4wP4pw

I still dream of that couple they visit in the rain. Fucking unsettling.

ahh there it is, the 26 year old movie reviewer.. so ignorant.. so stupid, I wish i were your age again!

OP here I dunno what i expected outta these comments. I relate to the movie pretty hard. I made it as a musician, went back to my home town, shit got real, mother died.. friends moved on, people changed... everybody wanted a piece of my shit...i am just a normal dude. It's just weird, saw this movie at the right time i guess, i was coming off of a national tour around 03... thats why it has a special place in my heart i guess!

I don't watch anything with Braff in it... he's a shit actor

I liked/still like it. Great soundtrack, Portman is cute as fuck and has a gorgeous smile and laugh. Pretentious, of course, but there's something super comfy and endearing about it. Could be my teenage nostalgia kickin' in, but I still watch it from time to time. Some laughs, some feels... Does the trick sometimes.

I watched it when I was 13 when I was home alone. It was the night I stopped smoking cigarettes because camels were disgusting. I thought it was just okay. I think I remember trying to watch it a couple years back I'm 25 now and I could only make it 30 or so minutes in. Lost in translation is a great movie and shouldn't be grouped together just because it's early 2000s.

If cancer were pretentious

I enjoyed it when it came out (I think i was like 14 or 15?) so it was perfect for me at the time.

I think I would cringe through a lot of scenes now. Just reminds me of those times and what I thought was deep or cool.

It was dreadful then and it's dreadful now. It's only merit is the soundtrack

I liked it when it came out but haven't watched it in years. All my friends hated it. I need to rewatch. I remember it capturing New Jersey pretty well. I don't understand the shit it gets.

t. zack braff

Garden State is pretentious to the point where all you can do is roll your eyes at it, but I like that it introduced me to the Shins.

I found it OK, some of it works and some of it doesn't. The story doesn't "flow" well (that scene with Method Man in the hotel feels like its from another film) and some of the quirky joke scenes don't land how Braff wanted them to.

Portman, although cute, often veers into annoying manic pixie girl stereotype and the final scene where Braff races to the airport to stop his love from leaving is such a loathsome cliche for an otherwise fairly intelligent film