If you were a superhero, would you have a no-kill policy?

If you were a superhero, would you have a no-kill policy?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's less paperwork that way

No

what level of super hero?

It really depends on the efficiency of the legal and prison systems. If shit was like Arkham, I'd probably go with killing.

I'd kill in self-defense, but I would not kill as a means of delivering justice.

Basically this

If I kill a villain, won't it make me just like the villain?

If so, I'll seek out and kill villains with really nice power sets

Depends on the villain.

If we're talking simple bank robber in spandex? No-kill.
If we're talking the Joker or someone literally trying to end the world? Put em in a fucking fryer.

Only if you eat there heart afterwards.

If the world has a super hero per every city or just has a lot then I will not kill. If we are few in number then sure. If I had super powers I'm. already breaking the law as a vigilante and I might be sought out as a government threat so might as well go all the way.

I would not kill the general street thugs but the real villains need taking out even if they have no powers, Batman should just slot the Joker and be done with it.

Depends, am I powerful enough to be naturally above the laws of men?

It would depend on what level of crime I am dealing with, what level of hero I am, and what my powers are.

But generally I would try REALLY REALLY hard not to kill anyone.

This

>No powers
Kill, but only bad people
>Street level powers
Try not to kill, but sometimes do
>Decent super powers
Killing as a last resort
>God-like/Cosmic power
No killing

This applies to killing humans. Non-mumans (aliens, robots, demons ect.) have different rules.

It wouldn't be a first resort. But the world would inarguably be a better place without say, Norman Osbourne, Victor Zsasz, Sabretooth, Purple Man, Bullseye, Joker, Darkseid. I really do think there are some people beyond redemption, or people who have committed such atrocities that no amount of repentance or good deeds would ever be enough to make up for it. I wouldn't go around killing common thugs Punisher style, or even nutjobs like Two-Face. But there are definitely characters who are well aware of their sadism and simply don't give a shit because they are despicable people. If I were a superhero, the ones I listed I'd definitely be looking for an excuse to take out.

And for the Joker, I'd have a rape on sight policy.

That depends on how powerful I am. If I'm merely peak human IE: Comic book "peak human", not anything based in reality. like Batman, then no, mainly because I would still be vulnerable enough that holding back against armed criminals would likely not end very well for me. I wouldn't go out of my way to kill, but in a shootout I'm not going to be pulling any punches.

If I'm Superman-tier, or otherwise immune to anything short of high explosives, then mostly yes, but with some wiggle room in the event I'm up against something or someone that can actually cause me serious harm.

That's just speaking generally. What powers I have would also inform my answer. In fact, just to make things interesting...

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

>Warping Speed

>The power to move at extreme speed without physical motion. Combination of Absolute Speed, Space-Time Manipulation, Distance Manipulation and Warping Teleportation.

>User becomes a Trans-Dimensional crossroads runner capable of traversing great distances without the need of constitutional locomotion. Essentially moving incredibly fast while not actually moving within any occupied area via dropping in and out between real and subspacial planes in rhythmic pulse intervals, at an incredibly rapid pace much faster than one can achieve though simple running.

>Appearing in one location and then next between moments or adding multiple different movements while all appearing singular to the naked eye. Due to this odd effect of zipping in and out of dimensional variances a static bubble is generated, erecting around the runner while in the process of transmigration creating a strong if not nigh-impermeable field which can violently repel whatever the individual comes in contact with greatly increasing whatever force one might have or attract it causing them to harmlessly phase-shift around or through anything in their path.

No-Kill Rule it is then.

Depends how powerful I was and how powerful my adversary was. If I had Supermans power cunts like Zod and Mongul would not be given a second chance

Absolutely not, though it would depend on the threat and my power level.
If it's on Earth I'll try to stick with the local law but some space abomination trying to destroy everything is an easy kill

Since you put it that way, I feel like a 90s-style edgelord.

No, I wouldn't kill everyone but like joker can't keep going

You don't need to kill him, just rape him until he quits a life of crime and lives for your cock alone.

Depends.

Yes, but I'd let them commit their crime follow them and kill them in their homes or lairs.
But in general I'd have a three strikes rule you get to three arrests if you escape or are released for whatever reason three times and you continue to commit life threatening crimes, then you just wake up dead one day.

I'm not even sure I'd be a superhero, if there were other super heroes then definitely not, I'd just be a villain murderer.

I'd probably be the tree hugging hero who refuses to kill. I'm a lover, man.

There's a fine line between superhero and serial killer.

That sounds fun why doesn't batman do this?

>I'd kill in self-defense,
If you're a hero it wouldn't hold up that well in court.

i would just serve as a witness at trial to argue for death.

you know what, if I had the power and the villain is that much of a threat, I'll just go to the mayor or the chief of police or whatever and just straight up have them make the call. I don't think my moral high ground is more important than the will and safety of the people I'm supposedly protecting

I know it's anime only, but you do know he ordered his followers to destroy a village and throw a little girl into a volcano, right?

If I'm fighting bank robbers and street levels than I wouldn't kill. If I'm fighting mass murderers or people who are trying to destroy the planet then I would kill.

Yes, but I'd break it for omnicidal alien dictators and stuff like that.

Self defense is a viable defense. Especially in a world where criminals are trying to destroy the planet every day.

>Try to stop people from robbing bank
>they shoot at you with the intention of killing you
>you kill them because they were shooting at you
>you go to jail
what country are you from?

I only used an image of Shaka because he looks holy as fuck.

Villians I'd kill and not lose a wink of sleep over:

Joker
Zsasz
Zod
Amazo
Scarecrow
Black Mask
Any Black Lantern
Doctor Light
Ras Al Ghul
Vandal Savage
Doomsday
Solomon Grundy
Bizzaro
Killer Frost
Lobo
Major Force
Chemo
Starro
Green Goblin
Sabretooth
Purple Man
Bullseye
Barracuda
Red Skull
Crossbones
Dracula
Carnage

And if had enough cosmic power to kill them (which would put me well above any "normal" superhero):

Thanos
Darkseid
Ares
Anti-Monitor
Superboy Prime
Mephisto
Shuma-Gurath
Trigon

Also depends on where you are and what your basis for self defense is.

Punisher could kill gang bangers in California but still go to jail for possession of illegal firearms, firing a weapon within city limits, illegal concealment and carry of loaded weapons... etc... technically speaking

Depending on the power set I have.

If I am close to street level, I would only kill as a last resort.

If I am far stronger, like galactic level, I would probably resort to being a contingency plan sort of hero, letting the other heroes (if there are other heroes) deal with the many problems of the world, and when something seriously big and bad comes around that none of the other heroes can deal with, I'll come around and deal with the problem, and if its something at that stage, killing is probably a necessity

Well are they gonna put the robber's corpse in jail user?

>>God-like/Cosmic power
>No killing
>not killing cosmetic horrors/threats

Aye, that he does.

honestly, if I were a superhero, I'd probably fixate less on fights and more on heroism, like putting out fires and carrying organ transplants and shit like that.
so yeah, I'd have a no-kill policy, because I'm way more comfortable being a civilian hero than a Cape wearing LEO.

I might be wrong But I don't think I cross it. That's what the whole three strikes thing does. It gives them a fair opportunity to realize the error of their ways and make corrections.

I'm not even really sure their are that many villains that fall under that category really.
>Joker
>Sabretooth
>Prof Zoom
>Ra's Al Ghul
... I'm not even sure Lex Luthor fits into my criteria.

You'd have to be actively killing or trying to kill people and be arrested or stopped on three different occasions. Then after your fourth attempt, yea, I murder you in your sleep.

That seems fair to me.

I'd probably be like Luther Strode.
Exhaust every alternative to pacify my opponent, or convince them to stand down. If there are no other options, I would aim to kill them.

The no-kill policy is pretty stupid when you think about it.
I mean Spiderman will literally fall of the sky and land a kick on some dude. That could obviously kill him. Batman with his bullshit, broke his spine but didn't kill him is completely hypocritcal too. Pretty much all capes are endangering the bad guys life in every fight. I could understand a "no killing in cold blood" policy but then again most of them turn the bad guys to a jury system that could sentence them to be killed in cold blood.

>And for the Joker, I'd have a rape on sight policy.

Probably, cause im a little bitch and get squimish at the sight of real blood.

Not really.

No

No. Some people simply need to die, but I wouldn't make them suffer or just kill every crime committing jackass. Just a clean death if at all possible

It wouldn't be a "Strictly No-Kill" policy. It'd be more like "Neutralize threat with appropriate force."

Does he/she/it need to be killed based on the threat they immediately pose to myself and the general public? Can I afford to let this person survive or potentially escape? Do I have a power that can effectively solve the problem that has gone under-used?" (Prof X I'm looking at you!)

A picture of a left-handed knight?
Rare indeed.

Yes, because there is no comicbook level supervillain threat in the real world.

Depends on the crime. You bet your NEET ass I'd kill the Joker. As for petty thievery and the like, I'd turn them into the police.

>cosmetic horrors

If I had superhuman abilities, chances are that I wouldn't be a hero.

Fucking kek

I'm sort of with you here... but I still think there are people, many of whom I've listed here: that you could justifiably kill in their sleep. I'd add Prof Zoom to that list too now that I think about it.

Yeah, I realized this fact during high school. My kids think "Dad would be a hero."

I tell them, "No, but I'd still kill bad people and protect you." The oldest is starting to realize the difference between "Hero" and what I just said.

Link is left handed.

Yo, in this user's pic, what do you even do in a fight on this level?

To a point. If there's no other option to prevent a greater evil, you might have to use lethal force.

Justifiable self-defense relies a lot on what power level you have too. Street-level characters have less room for error when making those judgments than say, an invulnerable flying brick.

Totally.

Joker and Carnage, for example. When therapy or incarceration first fail (which comes with casualties when either J or C are involved), they die when I find them. Unrepentant, psychotic super killers need to die.

Think of all the lives that would've been saved if these two had just died early on.

Depends on what I deal with. If I'm street level I probably would. irl people tend to break out of jail far less often.

Agreed. Not to be an edgelord, but I wouldn't kill common thugs or henchmen on sight. Even supervillians who can be reasoned with like Sinestro or Black Adam, or the ones who are suffering a genuine mental illness like Two-Face, Croc or Riddler I'd be reluctant to kill. But there are many characters (Joker and Carnage are the ones who come to mind from DC and Marvel) who simply have no excuse being alive, are beyond redemption and can (in my eyes) be justifiably killed at any point in time for any reason. It would be okay to kill them while they are sleeping, taking a shit or reading a book.

What popular heroes even have this besides Bats, Supes, and Spidey? I don't remember goody-goody heroes like Captain America ever trying too hard not to kill someone.

No, I'd known when I would be righteous in my execution of an evil doer or when I wasn't. I would never take pleasure in killing a villain though, I would always take it as a duty of mine in regards to my adherents to righteous authority.

Yes, but I would advocate for the death penalty once they are in captivity.

Killing street criminals or low level villains is unnecessary and opens up a lot of doors to slippery territory. So if I were say, Daredevil I would have a strict no kill policy.

That being said, in a world where beings like Darkseid exist a no kill policy seems pretty impractical. Youd have to put an end to someone as big a threat as him. Id also say killing would be a-okay if humanity was at all out war with a global threat

For high profile repeat offenders, yeah but I would do it in a way where they'll never know it was my heros persona doing the killing. I would probably make up a fakw super villian or anti hero to do all the killing. Eventually I would start using that villian persona to get inside info on all the villains plans ans shit. I could even go in too deep and the lines betweeb good and bad are blurres where even my alter ego doent know who is real and who is the facade.

Cap has said "Avengers don't kill", but that may only apply to essentially-human civilian combatants.

No.
Real question here: Why fight crime outside the law if you have a no kill policy? Why not just become a cop like Savage Dragon?

I'd probably just cut off their hands and feet or something. If they keep being evil after I cut off a bunch of parts I'd consider killing them. If possible do something like Punisher 2099 and have my own jail to keep them in.
All and all it depends on the situation.

I'd probably kill depending on the severity of their actions.

For years The Avengers had an official no kill policy. They were allowed to operate because of a detailed government charter that outlines the rules they had to follow. There was a major arc in WCA when Mockingbird killed a man that led to the team splitting in two and her marriage to Hawkeye ending.

>Why not just become a cop
Probably because there is no way they will out on the field with those skills.

No, but I would not be judge, jury and executioner either. If I can take them in without killing them, I will, but I will kill them if needed to stop them from hurting innocent people, and there's no other way of stopping them, that won't put other people in danger.

I'd give my rogues a three strike policy. If they manage to escape from prison after the third time I put them in there, they're going into my personal maximum security cell. If they escape that, I kill them.

If, however, they rack up a body count on the first strike, they'll have to be put down immediately. I'm not tolerating that shit

Nope

Enjoy being the least interesting superhero ever.

no, but I would try my best to avoid killing

sometimes it can't be helped

Sure, that's a job for the courts.
Why should I have to get my gloves dirt?

I'll break arms and legs, but probably not intentionally kill them. Also, jaws. Mastermind your way through a straw if you're so great.

......horrible debilitating injuries. I won't commit murder, but i might make them wish they were dead, and i'd make sure they couldn't do it again. i assume we're talking super villains here, i'm not going to fuck up your average crook that bad (though the gloves are off with rapists)

I'd avoid it, but I would kill if I saw it necessary. I know that begs the question "what constitutes necessity?" and honestly, that would really depend on whatever happens in the moment.

Depends on super-power and laws senpai.

However if I was a superhero I'd probably get a lame power so instead I'd keep living my life normally.

Trick question. I wouldn't be a superhero. I'd be the lowest-profile super villain possible. Like if I had Superman's powers, I'd just wear a mask and rob a liquor store. Run out like a normal guy then, when off camera, fly to a different part of the country.

Never work an honest day again, just dick around. Maaaaybe go fight if the world was in danger and nobody else was handling it. The world is where I keep my shit.

>Superheroes.
>Going to court.

Sweden.

>annus domini [CURRENT YEAR]
>Not taking super"heroes" to court for beating up villains
I mean, CURRENT YEAR people!!

If I was a super hero I would kill anybody I thought deserved to die, not a fan of responsibility

What if your power is to literally become stronger the more people you kill? Like, you start off at whatever your base level is right now, but if you kill an adult human male, you're now as strong/tough as two humans.

Like some kind of vampire I guess. Kill a dozen dudes and you're probably strong enough to shrug off small arms fire. So basically, the more people you're allowed to kill, the better a superhero/protector you are.

Britain probably.

I think that power is better suited for a supervillain.

Nah.
I'd let people think I did, though. Assuming my super powers included enough defensive capabilities that I didn't have to worry about bullets.

>LOCAL METAHUMAN DISPENSES OWN BRAND OF TWISTED JUSTICE
>CITY PARALYZED WITH FEAR AT WHAT THE MANIAC WILL DO NEXT
>POLICE MANHUNT UNDERWAY TO APPREHEND VIOLENT LUNATIC VIGILANTE

Tough cookies, that's the power you get. Would you do it?

>Not working as the local executioner
literally FREE power