Work On Your Art

I can't be the only one burning the midnight oil.

just got finished sketching this out

this was a warm up

this chicken scratch of my webcomic character was a warm up sketch to i guess

just looked at a skull and saw everything on her face is in the wrong place, fixed it

On that note, and nothing against this guy, but what do you guys think of people who use Photoshop to make corrections in their drawings, as opposed to erasing and drawing again? Do you think it's "cheating", or is it taking advantage of easier methods? Is it better to be able to get it right the first time, or does it just eliminate frustration?

now it looks like a human face! why i drew here eyes on her forehead at first i have no idea

I'm working on coloring shit. I'm not great at it so ya know feedback welcome.

Yes that looks much better than

tfw, someone starts a thread talking about there working on something, but your the only person who shows up to the thread actually working on something

whats up with that op? lol, wheres the thing your burning the midnight oil on?

Just started on this really. I'll finally have a chance to just sit down and draw all day tomorrow.

thanks your knowledge and execution of anatomy is incredible! are you pro or something? really nice drawing man, 10/10!

This.

Taking advantage of methods. It's not as though there weren't similar methods BEFORE photoshop. Though it works as a quick fix, you should still endeavor to improve your skills so you don't have to chop up your art and rework it. I mean it's a no brainer to get it right the first time, that's a perfect world but we make mistakes. If you're comfortable with cutting it up or just don't have the time to redo it then fine. If you'd rather start the portion over so it feels more organic that's fine too.
So it's not a cheat, but you should be wary lest it become a crutch.
Reminds me of Campbell's artstyle.....y'know except she's not obese.
His arm seems off to me. Like it's a bit too short and thick. I get the feeling that you're going for a foreshortened view but I'm not reading it.

Thank you. Not a pro but hopefully I will be one day.
>I get the feeling that you're going for a foreshortened view but I'm not reading it.
Thanks. Where were you three threads ago when I posted the sketch m8?

Sorry I just ducked in, I really don't come in these threads much since I've stopped posting art in them and I just kind of peeked in and started wondering if Bones was just a very resilient troll or legitimately autistic then I was actually sort of interested by that post about whether or not photoshoping your stuff is cheating.

Bump. Y'all better be working and that's why you're not here.

Pic is of a children's book I've started working on. Seems like I have a million things I want to do, so I have to divide it all up throughout the week.

i have no idea where im going with this painting, all i know right now is she needs some clothes on

cool, do you have pages already made?

probably soon to as good as you are

well im not autistic, so you can scratch that off your list, also seek help user i think theres something mentally wrong with you

This is just a one-off, not a series.

painted some clothes on her, lol

>photoshoping

for someone who claims to know me enough to start meme spouting about me based on how awesome i am in other threads which triggers the simple minded moron like you into generating dont reply to me memes

you seem to forget that i only use sketchbook pro, ive been using it since 2013, i dont use anything else, because ive tried everything else and every other art program is garbage compared to sketchbook pro

sketch book pro is the ultimate test on whether your a good artist or just some dumb shit who lets photoshop and manga studio do all the work for them like perfect auto correcting lines and perfect paint bucket fills and smart software lasso selections and a lot of other bullshit that a monkey could sleepwalk through and takes no real effort at all

sketchbook pro doesnt do shit for you, its literally just pencils, copic markers, and paint brushes you can edit and make your own pencils and paintbrushes out of and thats it, just you and the canvas and some digital ink and clolors, theres no magical photoshop or manga studio robot drawing or painting for you and letting you draw almost perfect shit with no effort

just saying

If you are so against digital programs, why don't you do traditional art?

Doing concepts for a character I am working on for a comic

Only amateurs worry about "cheating." Professionals use any and every short-cut they can.

I wouldn't criticize other people's methods or choice of tools if I were you.

Since the other thread died before I could finish it, I'm going to repost the olive thing I was making.

And the final version done in Illustrator.

Literally all I'm getting from this is "Do not hire me. I cannot work within a deadline."

Here's another logo vector art thingy I was working on. This is the initial photoshop sketch.

Wait, I just realized who it is. My bad.

Here's the final vector art linework.

That's because he is exhibiting the attitude of an amateur. He is proud of his methods, rather than his results.

And variant 1.

Variant 2.

Variant 3

I made this poster for my online store, I also have a colored version of it

Did this for a small illustration for a story i'm writing

cute!

How do I put things I draw online? Is there something like a "reverse printer" that one can buy?

Is this bait?

youre thinking of a scanner

Why would it be?

Cool, thanks.

those clothes must be REALLY tight for her figure to be like that. Especially with balloons like those

Not too happy about it.

>sketch book pro is the ultimate test on whether your a good artist
You are not.

your just jealous of my mad skittles arent you user?

It doesn't really matter what program the artists use. From what I can see you lack the understanding of the very basics of human anatomy, light and form. I doubt that your work would look any better if you created it in Photoshop or Manga Studio. Just keep practising.

>Professionals use any and every short-cut they can.

That's how we get Flash animations on TV though. I guess my thought is, if you rely on it so heavily that you can't do it without those, then what are you?

I'd be careful. Those lines are very thin, and they will disappear when the logo gets too small. Other than that, I really like this. I'm a sucker for nautical themed things.

Looking for critique on this. I got the frenden brush pack recently, and I'm experimenting with a lot of the tools. Something feels kinda off about this one, and I can't quite place my finger on it.

Took a look at a few shading tutorials. What I've noticed is that i'm not drawing bodies enough. I've gotten pretty comfortable at drawing heads and faces but I need to start working on whole bodies.

WIP

Seems fine to me. Only thing I can see is that her boobs are so big it obscures her lower body, might look a little odd.

is it her left forearm that's bothering you? The forshortening is fine and all but i still think her bicep would appear over it.

Oh, that's it! There should be a band of muscle that attaches the bicep to the top of the forearm! Thank you very much.

no prob, anytime.

I like the handle of the sword more than anything else in the image. The olive and the bottom part of the blade feel a little half-assed, and they don't blend in with the good part.

>Every shortcut
No, just most.
Big difference.

Sadly, I think that now more than ever there is a distinction between "professional" and "industry."

bump