The Avengers

>The Avengers
>These vastly different characters we've been introduced to separately are going to come together for the first time to fight Thor's evil brother who was previously introduced in his own movie.

>Avengers: Age of Ultron
>In an attempt to make the world a safer place, Iron Man salvages HYDRA technology so he can use it to make a peace-keeping robot, but it goes awry and threatens to destroy all the Avengers and mankind.

>Avengers: Infinity War
>A big alien shows up from space to fight the Avengers. He's really strong. Also, he's looking for six ancient mcguffins that will give him unlimited power.

I don't know. I'm sure it will be big, giant, and epic but Infinity War just sounds like such a boring premise compared to the last two Avengers movies.

Regardless of the quality of Age of Ultron, at least the premise was semi-interesting. Infinity War sounds like the same plot as the first movie, but with characters we've already seen working together on multiple occasions and a villain that we don't really know anything about other than that he's the bad guy.

thanos doesn't show up to fight the avengers

he wants the stones to rewrite reality and court death herself. the avengers just stand in opposition to him

ultron's premise wasn't even that good, it's just MUH EVIL A.I.

Ok, so the Avengers go to him instead of the other way around. Big fucking deal.

How does that make it any more interesting?

>MUH EVIL A.I.
Any plot can be simplified to "MUH..."

>Citizen Kane = MUH RISE AND FALL

>Lawrence of Arabia = MUH DESERT

>The Godfather = MUH MAFIA

I disagree, I found the premise of Age of Ultron to be much more underwhelming. It was basically filler.

it's not the fight itself that matters

it's that thanos as a character is quite mad. he loves death, he wants to marry her, but he is unworthy and he keeps getting rejected by her. he is possibly the only one who sees her, he keeps trying to kill and kill to impress her but she keeps saying no

he doesn't even realize that he is killing more in her name and simply thinks he has to do better for her, but is doing exactly what she wants aka more death

he can solo the entire avengers without the gauntlet, the only ones who'd give him trouble are strange/wanda. i suspect the gauntlet will revive half the dead villains

I haven't read the comic but I assume there's more to it than Thanos just shows up and they have a big superpower brawl.

Bright side, James Gunn has been working his ass off to stop Marvel fucking up the Guardians of the Galaxy in IW.

So at least there's them to look forward to

An entire film premise can't be filler. That makes no sense. Filler is what is shoved around a main plot in order to pad out the runtime.

If the Ultron story was the main plot of the movie, then it's not filler.

It kind of is, actually

i'm not simplifying the plot to "MUH ___"

i mean quite literally ultron himself is a generic evil AI plot that has been done a million times in sci-fi. it could've been the most ground-breaking film ever and it wouldn't have mattered because evil AI is a scifi 101 and it was doomed when whedon decided to use ultron

You're assuming that it will actually have the same plot as Infinity Gauntlet.

Marvel Studios has released an official synopsis and it literally describes the film as I described it in the OP post.

It was a filler episode in the wider MCU.

>gauntlet will revive half the dead villains
there's dead villains in MCU?

>i'm not simplifying the plot to "MUH ___"
Actually, you literally did exactly that.

>he is possibly the only one who sees her

You mean besides Deadpool

>James Gunn has been working his ass off to stop Marvel fucking up the Guardians of the Galaxy in IW.

>No no no no NO that isn't quippy ENOUGH! Drax wouldn't joke about banana peels! Here let me replace it with a jokey joke about baby vomit!

BASED

feige said it's going to mirror the comic

> Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige recently revealed that Thanos’s need for the Infinity Stones will be pretty much based on The Infinity Gauntlet, a storyline from 1992 that fans have accurately guessed will be the basis for Avengers: Infinity War, which will be released next year.

> “[Thanos's reasons] will be similar to what they were in The Infinity Gauntlet in various ways,” Feige told Collider in an interview ahead of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 premiere. “I guess that’s all I can say about that.”

death is basically confirmed

Who gives a fuck? Are these movies or are these episodes of a TV show?

Ever since Ironman, they have clearly been building up to a story. Ironman 1 ended on the premise of "The story is now to get to the Avengers." After the Avengers 1, it ended on the premise of "Thanos is now the big bad, overarching plot", along with the Infinity Gems riddled throughout all the movies since.

Ultron was a fucking filler episode.

Thanos motivation will be similar =\= The plot will mirror Infinity Gauntlet. You and many other manchildren are getting your hopes up.

no, you're missing my point

i know every movie can be simplified to MUH ___. like bond is MUH BLOFELD or matrix is MUH MACHINES

what i mean is ultron himself as a CHARACTER is MUH EVIL AI. it didn't matter how complex the plot could've been because evil AI is a generic scifi crutch

Both

The MCU is a series, you can't take individual movies on their own anymore. You have to watch them all

Did anyone remember Hulk x Black Widow pairing?

And Black Widow x Steve?

RIIIGHT?!

Why don't you stop using "MUH" like some manchild mongoloid and use adult words?

Civil war was an avengers movie. They just called it captain America because avengers 2 just came out before it.

the russos are madmen, they are going to do it

we got hawkeye ant arrow in civil war, it's straight out of the comics

we are going to get this (with loki/hela most likely substituting for mephisto) and it will be beyond based

this is a comic movie discussion, Sup Forums, and he started it

i don't need to use big words

In that sense, every single Marvel movie after Avengers has been filler, because we haven't had a single movie about Thanos yet.

So, the MCU is an entire series of non-movies?

What comes after Thanos and Phase 3?

Any movie with an Infinity Stone has been advancing the plot

Iron Man 3 was filler (and fan service), Ultron was not

>when I simplify the movie I haven't seen yet it doesn't sound as exciting as the other movies I described in more detail
Wew lad

Phase 4 and Marvel vs DC

I'm not asking you to use big words. I'm just asking you to use actual words. You know, like the kind you learned in english class when you were in school last week?

what the fuck? The premise of Age of Ultron was the least interesting in all of modern capeshit.
>le AI wants to destroy humanity
wow its fucking nothing.

That being said, I am a hardcore DC fan but recently ive come to appreciate the Avengers. Its pretty miraculous when you think about the history of comic book films and the current highly politicized world we live in with regard to movies.

5 straight white males, one straight white woman, not even one lead who isnt white besides the upcoming Black Panther movie.
Seriously you can count the diversity hires on one hand
1. Heimdall
2. Falcon
3. Black Panther
4. Gamorra
5. Black guy in Dr. Strange

Absolutely amazing that the tumblr crowd adores this franchise like its the gospel truth despite how much they should hate it on paper.

>like some manchild mongoloid
you're in a capeshit thread what do you expect exactly

I didn't describe any of them in detail. I just gave the basic premise. For Infinity War, I used Marvel's official synopsis.

>Marvel Studios has released an official synopsis and it literally describes the film as I described it in the OP post.
It literally does not.

It really does, actually. It's bizarre.

its one big giant clusterfuck with so many characters trying to outquip each other.

>What comes after Thanos and Phase 3?
reboot the whole enchilada but with POC

Pretty much every single villain they've fought, individually or as a group has died, with the exceptions of Loki, Hammer and Abomination.
I'm not counting Dormammu or Bucky.

It did wonders for the comics!

>For Infinity War, I used Marvel's official synopsis.
That's not the official synopsis, though.

have you just never watched an mcu film?
>Iron Monger
dead
>Red Skull
dead
>Whiplash
dead
>Loki
alive
>Abomination
dead
>Malekith
dead
>Ultron
dead
>Ronan
dead
>Yellowjacket
dead
>Not-Mandarin
dead
>Kaecillus (Dr strange bad guy, idk how to spell his name)
dead
>Ego
dead

Even fucking Crossbones is dead. Its literally just Loki and Thanos.

Abomination is alive, actually.

Red Skull didn't die you twat. The Tesseract transported him to the other side of the universe

Ben Kinglsey is alive and in prison with Hammer you tool

Red Skull is effectively dead because we will never ever see him again.

Hugo Weaving never wants to come back so he's as good as dead

You'd be amazed what a few million dollars can make actors do

Hugo Weaving hates Marvel Studios with a passion, I doubt he's ever coming back.
They could re-cast, but they're better off just forgetting the character altogether.

I never knew how forgettable this series is until now, i didnt remember any of those faggots dying

AoU had a good premise, they just fucked up Ultron's personality. It would've been awesome had he been a robot with good intentions at heart, but just couldn't understand why humans were trying to stop him from killing them all. Instead he resorted to le evil bad guy

Sam Jackson hinted in an interview that we might not have seen the last of Red Skull. And before you call Bullshit

1) Nick Fury did not appear in Cap One, so how would he know? Which brings me to...

2) These actors are let in on alot of shit that we can't even imagine yet. Story arcs and character developments, scripts and storyboards. With the Earth heroes colliding with the cosmic heroes soon, who's to say that Red Skull won't pop up again? Maybe as Onslaught?

>hates with a passion
source, please. All I've found is that he's not really into that type of movie or playing that role. He doesn't HATE it, it's just not his cup of tea.

When does Black Panther come out?

Onslaught would be a Fox character. That's pure x-men content right there.

In a recent interview, he dispelled the rumors of his disenchantment with Marvel. The Red Skull makeup was grueling and uncomfortable. Much of his early disdain stemmed from that. He was also strictly directed as to how to approach his character; that is, he wasn't given much leeway to move around as far as personal interpretation: another thing he resented.

Looking back, he said he wouldn't mind reprising the character if the (price) role was right

I'm just speculating, asshole. Don't split hairs

all i did was tell you why Onslaught wouldn't appear.

Speaking of Onslaught, is anyone watching Legion?

Marvel vs Capcom

Why do you think they haven't revealed the name for the fourth movie yet? I'm expecting it to be Secret Wars with Stan Lee having been the Beyonder all along as a way to give him a send off from doing all the cameos.

Avengers vs Xmen would be cool

the truthful answer? Kevin Feige has mentioned that the origin stories and character trilogies are over (after GoTG3). There will be more team-ups (a la Spidey and Stark, Hulk and Thor) and the MCU will explore the rest of the comic character pool. Most likely, the Avengers will be recast, if they appear at all, since most everyone's contracts will be up after the Second Infinity War film

>Secret Wars
>Marvel has been in talks with Fox this entire time to gain access to the Fantastic Four
>Secret Wars movie ends with Doctor Doom stealing the Beyonder's powers
>Phase 4 begins
I would actually get pretty erect.

Stan Lee is the same guy in each movie, right?

btfo

The thing that makes Ultron interesting is that like Vision, he is extremely human and his motivations are purely emotional. He's basically a reflection of Pym, the man who created him, and all his bluster about the superiority of A.I. and cold logic is bullshit.

Funny post.

>Comparing capeshit to any of those...

Also MUH LE EBIN MOVIE EXAMPLES

I expect there will be some twists and turns, I suspect Thor, GotG, Strange, Spidey, Iron Man, Hulk, Cap etc trying to stop Thanos across the universe while Wanda protects Vision.

If Chthon shows up in the third act to exploit Vision's stone being ripped out by Thanos, by going full Palpatine on Wanda, then that would be quite the dark "the Avengers are fuuuucked" twist

Mickey Rourke is the one who hates Marvel. Hugo weaving just doesn't care about this sort of shit

That was also in the Creative Committee/Perlmutter days.

I think Weaving is not averse to it. If you give him something interesting to do, he will likely be up for it.

Rourke hated them shoehorning Avengers seeds into the film (which were mostly unnecessary) and cutting out Venko's relationship with his father (mirroring Tony/Howard).

Note that since Feige kicked out Ike and co, the film's have become more standalone while being more subtle in seed planting.

>ultron's premise wasn't even that good, it's just MUH EVIL A.I.
It's so good ridley Scott copied it.

>The Godfather isn't "MUH MUH MIA"

Anyone want Marvel vs DC just for the hilarity

this is hard to explain to normies, but prior to Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos had YEARS of setup and character development in comics like Silver Surfer and the heroes of Earth serve as canon fodder to the real story about cosmic gods and relationship drama. How they will make this story Avengers focused is beyond me but I would like to see what they come up with. The Russos seem well versed in their comic lore.

For example, this is how unimportant the final squable is over the Gauntlet. Its more about Nebula, Adam Warlock, and the rest of the cosmic entities rising to confront Thanos. Thanos slaughtering the heroes was more like fan service, they were buying time. Its cute seeing non comic fans speculate though.