Why do Americans pronounce the 'R' letter so strongly? It almost sounds like they're burping sometimes

Why do Americans pronounce the 'R' letter so strongly? It almost sounds like they're burping sometimes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0
youtu.be/_3JXCiWVCcg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhoticity_in_English#England
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Clearly, you have never been to Boston

Oh yeah I'm familiar with that accent from watching movies. I think it's Mark Wahlberg who has that accent, right?

We merely pronounce the R, unlike those Britbongs that have bastardized the English language by amongst other things omitting the R altogether.

I like the way the sco'ish pronounce their r's
youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0

>unlike those Britbongs that have bastardized the English language by amongst other things omitting the R altogether.

I fucking love that accent, unfortunately I'd probably sound ridiculous if I tried to speak like that

muh irish heritage. dublin accent basically.

yet they add an R where it doesn't belong
(i have an ideaR)

Because they want to distinguish themselves from Brits and because they're hispanic

this

Germanic (Norse, lowlands, old english) requires R. That's as simple as it gets.

Britain has been cucked by France.

Because they're mentally impaired from decades of aspartame and HFCS abuse. These are the same people that think mirror rhymes with near, that you pronounce squirrel as "skwurl" and you're expecting them to speak English properly?

The r in other Germanic languages sound different. The R you guys do is like the accent we have here associated with being a hillbilly.

>The r in other Germanic languages sound different.
I don't think you understand how synonymous German R is with American R.

youtu.be/_3JXCiWVCcg

>american
:D

>mentally impaired
I'm not the faggot who pronounces R with the W sound you limey faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhoticity_in_English#England

that's what you did though
modern british english has drifted the furthest away from old english pronunciation

Germans use a French R and don't pronounce it at the end of syllables, like Brits

>Murritards in charge of phonology
Rhoticity has never been uniform either in England or in America. Pushing the /ɹ/ in words like bird is why you sound so nasal by the way. You're narrowing your throat and putting your tongue up.

I was under the impression that American can't say "R" properly.