Vote Loki #1 (of 4) Preview

This year:
>local elections were held in Rwanda in three phases
>the PM of Serbia was re-elected
>the president of Uganda for about three fucking decades was re-elected; opposition butthurt
>reformist-moderate camp reelected in Iran
>Syrian parliamentary elections went forward
>Macedonian elections have been delayed to October
>Slovakia's ruling left-wing party with anti-immigration PM reelected
>The Philippines has chosen a tough guy as their new president
>results of the second run of Peru's general elections are pending
>elections in Australia (federal), Mongolia (legislative), Malaysia (special), South Africa (local), Zambia (presidential), Belarus (parliamentary), Russia (parliamentary), Afghanistan (legislative), Bulgaria (presidential), Bosnia-Herzegovina (local), Nigeria (gubernatorial), Nicaragua (general), Moldova (presidential), and Romania (legislative) are upcoming)
>and Hillary is now the Dems' US presidential candidate

And now, Loki wants to run for office!

A 4-issue miniseries.

Other urls found in this thread:

drmcninja.com/archives/news/vote-loki/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't forget about Spain going fully Venezuelan communist after the 28th

Unrelated to the election theme

>no mention of God-Emperor Trump

RWDS when?

Or isn't?

is this the same artist that was on the 2014 She-Hulk run?

Talk about holes in the firewall.

some of those people look awfully ethnic for today's anti-immigration Hydra

>my faggy internet struggling because of faggots using WiFi
>faggy ISP too slow TO ACTUALLY RESPOND

>another comedy book stuck with a shitty artist
can Marvel just clone Gurihiru and get them to do all the funnies?

Schiti variant.

FIN

There's like three different groups calling themselves HYDRA at this point.

No, it's the one from the Gwenpool Christmas Special

Legal immigrants are often the most fanatic opponents of illegal immigrants.

>three hydras
>three kangs
>three avengers
>three jokers

>this artwork

theyre trying to remind people that hydra takes all kinds and isnt a nazi organization

B in action

>three kangs
Pretty sure there's closer to a dozen of him running around.

its at a point where he ends up fighting himself on the odd occasion

Eh.
It's not good but not Unreadable Squirrel Girl awful
still bad though

there was a specific thing mention in ANAD Avengers that due to some sort of personal time fracture, the 'main' Kang split into three independent entities, Kang, Qeng, and another one

Holly shit, this art is fucking garbage.

I'm gonna read it anyway for Hastings written Loki but I'm gonna be reluctant to post pages from it, which is the main form of word of mouth these days

wtf. this artist. what are they doing?
p1. giant thor. is that real?
p2. zero depth between crowd and buildings. colorist not helping.
p3. those faces cut off at the nose. what the hell? that is composition 101 shit right there.

>Tradd Moore for covers
>Shit for interiors

You'd think I'd be used to this by now

wrong press badges. somehow got let in.
what?

All Hail President Pubebeard.

I'm not a fan of Langdon Foss to begin with, but I know he can do better than this.

Putting Tradd Moore on the cover is just adding insult to injury. Moore would be an odd choice for a book like this, but he's way, way better than Foss.

Pretty surprised the political humor in this is even-handed, too bad it's sabotaged with bad art.

is the art supposed to be a joke too? jesus fuck

>Loki lets them shoot a guy before stopping them just so he can make a more dramatic entrance

>god of stories
>ever willfully being less dramatic than possible

Christopher Hastings is a pretty good writer, especially for a title like this. He's not as prone to heavy-handed agenda pushing as some other writers are.

I want to like this book but the art is just atrocious.

What dumpster did Loki crawl out of?

I would straight up prefer it if it was being drawn in the style of Cyanide and Happiness

Does Marvel just not respect webcomic writers? Why do they keep getting the shittiest artists?

>A 4-issue miniseries.
Source on that? It's obviously a stealth mini, but I don't see anything about how many issues.

comiXology

>All those fat white people getting BTFO
>That one nigga in the the background that's loving it

>all those screaming, fat americans
all it's missing is clapping

that's probably her baby, no?

Ha, Hastings forced Marvel to admit the truth after he let the cat out of the bag on his blog drmcninja.com/archives/news/vote-loki/
The original solicitations mentioned nothing about it being a mini, which is Marvel-usual now. They don't even announce final issues anymore.

Hastings got Gurihiru for Gwenpool.

For five issues.

>BeNantoka and Ookami ou for powerpack

Vote Loki is four issues.

Angela as Loki's Secret Service is the only idea I've ever heard for her that sounds amusing.

What a garbage character. I wonder how Neil Gaiman feels.

he has more important things to feel about

The third panel is obviously focusing on the girl, you retard

"This check from Marvel was pretty nice"

true, but i cant explain it; every time i look at the artists work i smell garbage.

Woof. I wanted to give this a shot because Hastings is aces, but this art is impossible to love. It's the She-Hulk debacle all over again.

Oi cunt the UK is voting whether or not to stay in the EU, that's big news

That's not actually an election, that's a referendum.

Hope to kick those Euro moochers to the curb.

What's loki's stance on guns? He seems like a better candidate than Clinton or sanders

Jason Aaron's Thor

He referenced the "good guy with a gun" meme in a positive way.

What is it with comedic writers I like being paired with artists with styles that genuinely offend my eyes? I can't read Squirrel Girl because of Henderson and now I'm going to have to pass up a comic I was genuinely looking forward to.

Thank god for Gwenpool.

>he likes Ryan North

He does good work in things other than Sqwurrel Gurrl.

Fair point.
Whenever I hear that someone I know is voting 'in' I lose respect for them. Too bad they're the majority and even if they weren't, we'd be staying in.

It's Langdon Foss. The artist from Get Jiro!

Like I said, I wouldn't know if his writing is good in Squirrel Girl because Henderson draws the most punchable manjawed faces I've ever seen in my life.

>capeshitters calling Langdon Foss a bad artist
You people deserve artists like Brett Booth and Greg Land.

Call me a DCfag all you want, but "Prez" had more political satire in its first five pages than "Vote Loki" currently has.

Fuck It I'm voting for loki.
Also all of you fucking niggers don't understand shit about that meme. The whole fucking point is that when some bad guy has a gun you call the fucking cops. Gun grabbing cucks thinking that shit only means canceled weapons carriers.

Also it is immoral to strip people of their rights to keep and bear arms

>than "Vote Loki" currently has
You mean five whole pages?

Perz was a gun grabbing cucks
>I didn't vote for him
>#not my prez

I calls it like I sees it.

How lucky we are to have tripfags start our company wars for us.

Quality over quantity.
I'd rather have some good satire than a lot of mediocrity.

If he's not a bad artist, why is his art so bad?

This is fucking disgusting and the artist should never work again. How dare he? How DARE he?!

Yeah, I probably worded that wrong.

I was talking about the new run of "Prez" by Marc Russell and Ben Caldwell.

Pic related.

Hey, at least it's getting started now so that it can fall apart sooner, rather than whenever the second "Prez" mini comes out.

>second "Prez" mini

Classic capeshitter, literally only judging art based on how pretty the faces are. I've noticed that's ALWAYS the case with you people. If their faces aren't cute, intentional or otherwise, then they're a shit artist. Meanwhile you'll praise bland as fuck poser tracers and glorified pin-up artists like Janin or Fabok just because they produce the comic art equivalent of fast food. Cheap and easy to digest.

This is certainly weak art by Foss' standards but at least it has some personality rather than that sterile house style garbage that modern cape comics obsess over.

if you can't draw faces then don't draw faces. it's simple as that.

Go whine about shit nobody cares about somewhere else. Bad art is bad art, no matter who draws it. And Foss' work for Marvel has been nothing but bad.

>he doesn't want to read capeshit
>capeshitters don't want a shit artist on the books they read
How is there even an argument here?

>he doesn't want to read capeshit
Never said that. I enjoy capeshit every now and then, just like how I enjoy getting fast food every now and then.

But Prez was good satire

>human brains are wired to pay the most attention to faces and hands
>straight up the most important things when drawing a person
>try to insist its not the artist's fault they failed to learn such fundamental techniques

>Cheap and easy to digest.
No, just digestible period. As in, I would like to read this funny comic and not vomit in the process.

Prez is all right but it's typical smug "liberals are always right, conservatives are always wrong" humor.

I seriously hope you're talking about interiors and not that cover.
Tradd Moore is a god.

Didn't they confirm it? Don't get me wronged, I was surprised when I heard the rumor and wouldn't be surprised if it weren't true. I loved that mini but it didn't sell that well.

We're all talking about Foss' shitty art. I agree, Tradd Moore is awesome.

Quitely draws some ugly faces but his layouts are great. This guy doesn't have that going for him.

Tradd Moore is great, but I feel he'd be wasted on a book like this. Nigga needs his hyperkinetic action scenes.

Didio confirmed it on twitter, coming out sometime after Summer.

Seriously, why wouldn't they line up the 2nd half with the 2016 Presidential Election?

Well, the election in Prez ended with the 2nd issue.

>Look up Foss's name to see if I've seen his art in other comics
>See this

Oh boy

I think there's two ways they could have gone with this.

Either have Loki basically be Trump... or Hillary... or the worse of both candidates...

Or they could do something funny and just basically have him copy Gary Johnson.