Injustice 2: Insert Subtitle Here

Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=oDav-JfidL0

What we know so far:

>Confirmed for PS4 and Xbone, PC not mentioned, coming in 2017
>Characters will be customizable through the Gear system (armor pieces with different cosmetics and stats that you get after fights)
>Takes place in the Injustice universe after the first game. Batman and friends are still fighting Regime remnants when a new Earth threatening threat appears
>Stated to have the biggest roster in a DC fighting game ever (so at least 30+ characters)
>Confirmed characters: Superman, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd and Atrocitus
>Speculated: Ras al Ghul (Trailer voice over), Black Canary (Arrow actress went in for mocap) and Captain Cold (Snart's name and gun are shown in the trailer).
>Stages confirmed bigger with Metropolis, Gotham and Atlantis confirmed so far

Also, Boon threw up a twitter poll asking who fans want out of Swamp Thing, Captain Cold and Blue Beetle. Go vote for Swamp Thing.

twitter.com/noobde/status/740645114188582912

First for Harley x Ivy

Okay, I want to play the Injustice games, but only really know about Batman and Superman. I'm vaguely familiar with Wonderwoman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and a handful of villians, but couldn't tell you much about them save for their super powers.

I know that the Injustice stuff is like an alternate ending to the 'main' series or whatever, so I don't think I should read any rebirth stuff. I also don't want the complete history of DC so I can recognize how awesome this costume is.

So, what can I read/watch/play to get a good backstory on most/every character in Injustice 1/2/comic?

Comicstorian or comicxplained.

Looked more like a Transformers trailer.

It's a pretty broad spectrum of characters but it really just depends on what you want to do. If you want to read then starting off with some of of these JL books or some New 52 runs should help. Otherwise you could watch Arrow/Flash or some of the older animated stuff like BTAS, STAS and Justice League, plus most of their animated movies are pretty good. After your more familiar then start reading Injustice. You won't know absolutely everyone since there's tons of characters that show up but you should at least be familiar with most by that point.

Forgot image

If you're looking for comics

Bane: Knightfall
Batman: Year One
Black Adam: 52
Doomsday: The Death of Superman
Green Arrow: Year One
Green Lantern: Rebirth (the first one, not the new one)
Harley Quinn: Mad Love
Joker: The Killing Joke

For Superman and Lex, Superman has had more origin stories than just about anyone, personal favorite being Birthright. All Star Superman is a great Superman story, but I don't know if it would be good for someone's first Superman story. Red Son is a good alternate supes that has some similarities to the one in Injustice. All of these stories heavily feature Lex Luthor.

For other media

Batman: The Animated Series (Batman, Joker, Harley)
Superman: The Animated Series (Superman, Lex Luthor)
Justice League/Justice League Unlimited (a bunch of people)
Flash TV series (The new one)

I don't wanna watch some fucking youtube video

Aren't the animated tv shows just batman and superman? And wouldn't I need to know a lot about each character before I read Justice League stuff?

Damn, there's no like animated movie for each/most characters that explain their background and then has a story or something?

>Superman has had more origin stories than just about anyone,
But doesn't it always boil down to this? I mean the changes are superficial more often than not.

Better clarify it next time mate. Also, for what you ask, you'll have to read/watch a lot of material that other people said, so be prepared to spend many hours.

The extended retellings all get into Clark's head like how Batman Year One gets into Bruce and Gordon's.

And yet snyder changed the "kindly couple" to "apathetic couple"

You mean apathetic father.

The biggest secret of cape comics is that you don't really need to know a character's entire background in order to enjoy most stories.

I was mostly giving out origin stories. If you want animated movies there's

Batman: Year One
All-Star Superman
Green Lantern: First Flight
Justice League: War
DC Showcase: Green Arrow

I know all of these are either origins or give you the gist of the character in question, but I can't speak to their quality as I haven't actually seen all of them, maybe some other anons can help me out.

Still waiting for the hero everyone wanted for next DLC in the first injustice

>Martha Kent: Be their hero, Clark. Be their angel, be their monument, be anything they need you to be... or be none of it. You don't owe this world a thing. You never did.

She's right tho. Superman isn't Spiderman. He's Superman because he chooses to do good because of what his parents told him, not because it parents guilt tripped him into it and told him that he had to be Superman.

Sorry, when I saw watch I mean cartoon stuff, as I heard DC cranks out some great ones. And yeah it looks like I got a while, 2 isn't coming out this year.

>The biggest secret of cape comics is that you don't really need to know a character's entire background in order to enjoy most stories.

Really? Because Marvel's Civil War was the first comic I really read, and that confused the FUCK outta me. And I don't know anything about Deathstroke save from the Arrow show, Cyborg from a few random Teen Titans eps years ago, and nothing about Hawkgirl, Shazam, Nightwing, Martian Manhunter, Black Adam, and fuck, most of the villians in the game.

We probably would have gotten her as her own character if the Supergirl show hadn't become a thing. But on the bright side I'm sure she'll at least get in as a costume for Supergirl.

When's Manta?

Can't wait till they show my boi Grodd

Is there even a difference between Supergirl and Powergirl? They are essentialy the same powers

Fuck you Swampthing niggers i'm voting for captain cold

>gear
I can tell you from playing the android game this is shit

My Cold Brother!!

Yeah. Where's Ivy??

>Blue Beetle winning
I don't mind either Ted or Jaime

Powergirl has nicer boobs

One is from dead universe, one is from dead planet. One is adult with bigger boobs, other is younger. One is irrelevant, other isn't.

>implying it matters who you vote
Cold is pretty much already confirmed. It's all a ruse. They'r all getting in.

So Pee-Gee is irrelevant while Kara isn't, right?

They must really hate the comics, because they're moving away from them even more.
Looks like a generic mishmash of Transformers and stupid grimdark shit. Another gimmicky piece of crap.
MK developers can't talk about gameplay. All they do is gimmicks. Fatalities, x-rays, long unskippable cutscenes, story mode, and now tacky armors. It's like edgy Joel Schumacher.

They don't have even a single decent 3D modeler to make the women look good, or good composers to create memorable melodies instead of generic Hollywood orchestral crap.

Oh man you played the game? How was it???

It was pretty good!

SWEET!!

I asked this in the previous thread but didn't get an answer.
For people that know the Injustice mobile game. 3 questions

1) Is it fun?
2) How big the game is? (Size)
3) Can a Galaxy S4 mini handle it?

I want Tommy in this game, and I want him to fight like John Wick.

>edgy Joel Schumacher.

They need a Danny the Street level, and those three words should be the art philosophy.
Danny should feature an Armor Store where all the macho armor has tiny nipples on it, and feather beaus draped around them.

1-. It good to kill time when you have nothing else to do. The energy system is crap

2-.Pretty big. You have stages with bosses each end of it. One more dufficult than the other. There's also the online Survivor mode

3-.I'd say yes but you have to test it anyway

>I want him to fight like John Wick.
You want them to think, of him?
You should tell them to get this, get this into their game.

Oh thanks man. Do you know how big the game is? I don't want to download a game that's around 2gb or so.

I hope the good guy from Hell can make it this time.

Gameplay reveal Saturday during MK X Pro League Final

I guess around 1Gb or less. I haven't played it in months so I can't say for sure

>Showing gameplay of this at a toruney

Can't help but feel like the FGC people will only react negatively to the whole gear system thing unless they immediately say that it's optional.

Awful. West can't into fighting.

Red Hood?

I still dont get why peopled wanted nightwing with guns, especially when injustice was already Bat-Saturated

I hope we get less Bats more everyone else

Well you have to equip the gear, so I mean even if it isn't a separate mode, all you have to do is chose the base version of a character and don't equip anything.

Similar to SMash 4.

Gear is bad because WB is bad at microtransatctions, but it shouldn't effect the competitive scene.

Well yeah but if they go overboard with showing off the Gear stuff and play it up too hard then it will definitely turn people away. I mean I realize it's not great marketing to immediately tell your audience that the big cool new feature of your sequel can just not be used but I feel like they may have to so as not to risk alienating a portion of their playerbase.

I hope they show us the roster , at least a part of it

Expect Boon to be blasted with questions asking if the gear is optional

Yeah I'd like to get a look at the select screen, might be able to get a better feel for just how big the final roster will be from that. Kind of hope it's similar to MKX with the models being there and actually being able to see the costume you chose before the match starts.

Better pic

Speaking of Smash 4 I wonder if the customized characters will work similarly to that where you can save individual versions to chose from at the select screen. I can't imagine the gear stuff will be chosen on the select screen itself.

NO BATWOMAN NO BUY

This sums up Sup Forums

There's a spot for 1 lesbian and Ivy must get in

>People want Batman, Joker, and Harley.
>Understandable, key Batman figures.
>Meanwhile, in Injustice, we received Batman, Joker, Harley, Catwoman, Nightwing/Robin, Bane, Batgirl, and 4 maps related to Batman.
The saturation was mostly due to the roster being such a limited size, especially when people were clamoring for more DLC after the first season.

Baby, we can both get in.

That and TDKR and the Batgirl comics push were still relatively recent which guaranteed spots for Selina, Bane and Babs.

1 spot otherwise people will cry over the bat-saturation of characters in the roster

Let children cry as much as they want.

Why people likes Manta? He is just a dude with an horrible helmet.

Why not Ocean Master?

That also figured into it as well.

Batman & Co will complain, but Batman will have the most character variety due to him being DC's flag.

Eh the only way they won't bitch is if we only get Bats and Joker, otherwise they'll piss and moan until the end of time.

Because his helmet is worse.

Then "people" will cry because all we know there is gonna be bat-saturation again because thats how DC games roll.

And in some way its logic, minor Batman characters are more well known than big DC names. I mean, ask anyone who the Penguin or Two faces is and they will know, but ask them about Doctor Fate and they will answer "Doctor who?"

Black Manta looks like a badass Johnny Quest character

Ocean Master is more of the usual dynastic boring Aquaman crap

>4 maps related to Batman.
And 2 were just reskins,

I just played the first game. I didn't know most of the characters, but I got the gist through playing, occasional Wikipedia visits and then lurking Sup Forums. The game is a pretty good intro to DC imo, and when you find a character or two you like, seek them out to read up on. Glad to know about Shazam, he's pretty great.

Alright, cool. Then Ivy & Kate for Injustice

Don't forget Green Lantern: TAS.

Oh yes.

>batwoman
>batgirl
>batman
>people only want woman because lesbians are hot
Kys

DC games are so GRIM DARK SERIOUS.

Where my BB fans at, he's winning right now.

Ocean master didn't kill Arthur's infant son, did he? Manta also has a better design and motive.

Marvel games are so PAY $15 TO UNLOCK A WAIFU SKIN FOR YOUR MOBILE GAME

Hed play bettee then evil aquaman

Only kind of. Injustice advertises itself as such but tonally the story isn't really any darker than your average MCU movie. It's the same as MK pretty much, advertised as violent gorefest but in the end it's basically a cheesy kung fu flick.

That's another factor. It's not a batgirl/zod situation. You can get more creative gameplay wise with BM than OM

EVERYBODY GETS ARMOUR!

Now we all HALO this shit to the max!

>Batgirl
>Lesbian

Nah.. Babs is the ONLY girl in Gotham who's straight

Zod was more fun then superman

Nobody gets armour unless you equip it though

I'd still bitch. I don't want Joker, he's not about fighting at all. Croc, Bane, Ivy and Harley are all better fits. And Batman, while completely unavoidable, is still way lamer than Dick, Damian, Cass and Kate.

And Batgirl was way more fun then Batman.

Cooler too.

So, Sup Forums, are you gonna go power armor route or spandex route with your roster?

I hope I can make Aquaman looking not like Aquaman at all. Because I fucking hate Aquaman, but fighting style is badass.

I really hope by "Biggest DC Fighting Game Roster" they don't just mean 31 characters. NRS games have had annoyingly small starting rosters lately and it'd nice to have a larger group to work with this time before the waves of DLC start.

While zod was fucking awesome, it's an example of a copycat character. Why do we have this character with the same powers as another character? Ocean Master would be more trident play.

Depends on the character and how the armor looks honestly. Like with Bats I'll probably go full armor but I'll stick with spandex for Kara and Supes.

>he hates orange scalemale

What a faggot

The Injustice universe was the funniest we've had in years, though.

But even with the same powers he played completely differently with his rifle and phantom zone nonsense. Same powers =/= same moveset so it really shouldn't be a reason to exclude anyone.

Injustice is just an edgy bullshit universe, it's not an alternate ending to any series.

Aquaman has leather stripes over his chest, a la gladiators.

>NRS games have had annoyingly small starting rosters

WHAT?! I think they have some of the most fair rosters. 24-25 characters is pretty fair to me.

I mean, look at SF 16 roster, now that is annoyingly small. 30 is fine.

Black Manta is just a normal guy able to go against earth's strongest natural life form and is fueled by hate and determination.