Is Iron Fist always such a dick?

Because this is the height of being a dick. By this point you can see how much shit Jessica has been through, she's wearing the marks on her skin while pregnant, and he just wants to throw her back to the wolves. The next page Luke asks if he looked after her, implying he asked Danny to do so, and as far as I know he never gets called on his shit.

He suspects her of being complicit, dumdum.

At least out of context, he seems like he's being reasonable in this scene.

Also, no, he doesn't normally act like this.

No wonder why jess hates him and his relation with Luke in their current run

No, I get that, but Luke is obviously not worried - and is conscious in the next room and also clearly expecting his 'brother' to look after the mother of his child and said child. He effectively abandons her to everything that happens to her in the earlier issues, including damn near losing the baby. She's a target too, by nature of looking for him.

And it might not have been written yet, but retroactively he was there when she was Knightress and took her mask off to look after the kids.

Good, because I would prefer not to dislike him in the shows when he joins up. Though I suppose him and Luke might not be as close knit, unless they establish a prior relationship, as he will have known Jess first.

She does? Can understand it. She was rermarkably graceful in lying for him, almost to the point of being out of character for her.
She can be a hell of a bitch herself.

What are you talking about OP. He's seems perfectly reasonable.

He doesn't seem completely out of line in this scene, but this also seems like pretty out-of-character writing for Danny's personality, he's usually very chill on account of being, y'know, a zen kung fu guy.

bros before hoes

>this also seems like pretty out-of-character writing for Danny's personality
Of course, it was written by Bendis.

I suspected as much, just on account of it being a Jessica Jones scene.

He's a bro. Protecting his man by any means. Nothing else matters to Danny in this moment, not even water and food.

Bros for life.

>And this baby is his.
>Says you.

Because, sure he is perfectly free to be such a douche, that makes it clear he isn't just worrying about his bro. Luke certainly assumes Danny is looking after his girl, too.

Yeah, I actually reread all the Pulse comics earlier today, thus this topic, and he does seem to write almost all characters the same and with matching dialog styles too.

He can do that without suggesting she is a whore, perhaps? Who knows, maybe he is jealous.

>Danny never cried.
>Well, except once. #PervSmirk

Found the panels.

> that makes it clear he isn't just worrying about his bro
What are you talking about? He just said he has no reason to trust her. That seems to be the entire issue here. Unless there's some further context you want to provide here.

I'd say the context is made clear here. Fact is, Danny isn't as good a man (in this particular comic, thus my concern) as Luke thinks he is.

Whether he is willing to let her in to see Luke is actually irrelevant. She is an injured, pregnant, woman whom is also a target due to association with Luke (and the freely avalable information that she is carrying his child, which would be certain to draw him out if she were captured to be used as bait), and he basically implies he thinks she is lying about the legitimacy of the child and doesn't give a shit about what happens to her, even if it would hurt Luke.

Different reads of the situation. For me personally, if I found out someone I considered a brother had done this to my pregnant girlfriend, he would be dead to me, and if I was Luke Cage probably the owner of a powdered jaw.

You don't think the fact that Luke naturally assumes Danny protected Jessica, and his shamed headbow when she lies for him is damning? He knows he fucked up.

All that said, I'm glad it's just a Bendis portrayal from the sounds of it. I actually want to like him; he's going to be carrying his own show, after all. That's why this bothered me so much. This was my introduction to his character.

That sounds about right for a Bendis scene, oc.

Danny is very rarely a dick, just when he's very, very, very, very mad about something. He's not the master of subtlety, but he's usually, almost always a good and nice guy who usually asks people to calm down. He's even naive, if anything. Not a dick.

Unless it's Bendis, of course. TLW wasn't very much him, either, one of the reasons I didn't liked that run (I tend to think that he was depressed or something).

Cool. I hope that's what they go with in his show.

I really dislike this art but I can't really figure out why

This is an example of Danny's "Fuck you" moments. Immortal Iron Fist, which was my real introduction to the character. We've been storytiming the original run lately and it isn't very different to that, I think.

It's the most dick-ish moment I can recall (apart of him in House of M, but again, that was Bendis), and it's not very dick-ish to be honest. Even so...

.. he got reprimanded, and then he's fast to try to clear his motives.

Really, he may not be the levels of goofy that the new run shows, but he is usually lovely.

Even though I hate his panel I want it to be in defenders.

I guess we will see. We have no idea if she is pregnant as of the end of JJ, due to it all occuring over what seems like days or weeks.

I'm unsure they will go that route this time around. They made Jessica a mom before she was a breakout character, and it's basically relegated her to background and supporting character status ever since.

But hey, at least in the comics she has some measure of a happy life. I don't think Netlfix Jessica is getting a happy ending any time soon.

I just read this issue yesterday.. h-how the fuck did you know, OP?

>Doesn't know about the Sup Forums hive mind.

one of us, one of us, one of us.

So, I've been catching up, goign through the New Avengers, Mighty Avengers and into the Power Man and Iron Fist stuff and I've come to a conclusion.

Power Man is a Power Top, and he gave Danny the BBC at some point. See: But aside from that, Danny and Jessica have a weird relationship. He is clearly jealous his boyfriend knocked her up and married her. He seems to never have gotten over that event in the OP, even though she doesn't push it, because she knows the friendship is important to Luke. But then certain authors also have them being pretty damn friendly with eachother, to the point he holds and entertains the baby and banters with her. Shit's weird. But I guess there are still less consistant things in comics.

Huh? Did I miss something? Does Hellcat take place in an alternate universe or earlier in the timeline? Or have they just reset Jessica?

Last I saw, she is playing full-time mother at the moment, while Luke and Danny run around as a duo again.

In the Marvel 75th Anniversary Special, Bendis wrote a back-up story about Jessica re-opening Alias Investigations.

Sure, but this Jesica still seems to have have her old alcohol problem (which seems to have cleared up with Dannie) and be back in her old clothes (she ditched the hardass look after Alias) and even the way she talks is old-school Jess.

I get it if they have reset her. They will of course want to do something in-line with the TV Show, as everything about this appearance screams the Netflix show, including the entire premise of having her be friends with Patsy. But unless we see otherwise, I'm assuming this is set sometime during Alias as opposed to the current timeline.

On a side note; Luke and Jessica were good friends with Jennifer/She-Hulk. Have we seen their response to her death yet?