What exactly is the difference between Arnie quipping in Predator and Marvel quipping?

What exactly is the difference between Arnie quipping in Predator and Marvel quipping?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-5qmEYcUoAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=V4VL8GGt7zw
youtube.com/watch?v=cbT77fP8fl4
youtube.com/watch?v=UTIjIC00VwI
youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo
youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck man
The guy was a machine

arnie is charming not some smug asshole

Shwarzanigger movies do it in a way where the quips are taking themselves seriously. That's what makes them funny.

Marvel movies quip in a post-Seth Rogen comedy sort of manner.

this

And his quips make sense. Arnie doesn't get knocked on his ass by the Predator then stare at the camera and say, "Does anybody have any Orange slices?"

There isn't really much of one. Sup Forums just likes to shit on Marvel. It isn't really like predator is quality kino either, it's just a fun popcorn flick. Just like a lot of Marvel movies.

>arnie
>not a smug asshole

m y s i d e s
y
s
i
d
e
s

I wouldn't classify lines in Predator as quips.

OP here, I don't hate Predator or anything, in fact I like it very much but I couldn't help but wonder when I rewatched it several days ago.

bro its just popcorn dude
its ok if its shit man its just popcorn
lmao just enjoy it!!!!

Arnie quipps in his movies whenether he goes for the kill or kills an enemy and not every second when he talks in a conversation

>And his quips make sense. Arnie doesn't get knocked on his ass by the Predator then stare at the camera and say, "Does anybody have any Orange slices?"

kek he would've still sold that line desu

>Sup Forums just likes to shit on Marvel.
Is that why Sup Forums makes constant threads prasing marvel movies and speculating on the ones coming up?

1. Arnold is more charismatic than the MCU leads
2. Predator uses one-liners sparingly
3. The one-liners aren't just jokes, there's more brevity than wit with the exception of "Stick around!"

>It isn't really like predator is quality kino

There will never be anything as clever or funny in the MCU as that final exchange between Arnie and Sully right before he drops him off the cliff.

one is good, the other is not
its very simple

Ha kys faggot

Arnold mostly insults people he just killed. That makes it more cool and not just kindergarten bantz

Commando will forever one of the greatest action movies ever made.

I can't believe this macho bullshit!

sadism and irony
vs
"i hope nobody kissed me ;^)"

Don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired

Because girls don't like Arnold movies but they do like Marvel movies and laugh at the quips, so this means Predator is great and Marvel is shit.

lets come up with arnold scenes and oneliners:

>kills villain with a cellphone bomb
>"it called for it"

Let off some steam, Bennett

Good point. Marvel capeshit is more geared towards women and not men. Arnie is more for men.

Arnie is a god

>arnold kills a navy seal
>"looks like his fate was sealed"

Make more videos

It's his accent.
He can say fucking ANYTHING and it sounds cool.

>Final boss is made of sticks
>"Stick around"

Arniequips are written with the purpose of enhancing characterization (for what's worth) and providing comic relief at the same time.

The same effect is usually achieved in the Cinememetic Quipverse, but, the rationale behind most of the comedy writing is defusing the inherent ridiculousness of the comic-book sensibilities. Silly costume? Quip about it. Silly bit of internal world logic? Quip about it. Amazing coincidence or feat of improbability? Quip about it. QUIP ABOUT IT BEFORE ANYBODY ELSE DOES.

It's basic high school defense mechanism-tier humor. Not a single MCU movie so far believes in its own material, on in its audience for that matter.

Charisma

Fuck you asshole

arnie quips once in predator I think. 'stick around'. capeshit movies are quipfests.

he posted a video today saying he wasn't going to be posting anything on his channel for a while

It's the combination of his natural charisma and the years he put into perfecting his body that makes him much more likeable than any recent Marvel actor - at least to me.

Arnold performs an abortion
" Astalavista baby "

>difference between Arnie quipping in Predator and Marvel quipping
Arnold never quipped, he said one liners, you can use one liners in any genre, quipping is something that standup comedians do and it's awful.

I'd say that oneliners and quips are two distinct forms of dialogue because a line like "I ain't got time to bleed" is not a joke or a self-aware jab. Blaine is dead serious when he says it. It's part of his characterisation.

This. He's serious about what he's doing, but he might make light of one maybe two situations in a movie, but that's it. Marvel has a constant stream like half the dialogue is vomiting quips.

This is the objective answer.

arnie invented it

All I care about is Jenny.

their gunnah kihl hurr!!

Nailed it. Marvel quips has this nudge nudge wink wink/ ironic "hey, can you believe this shit" sort of undertone to it. How can your lines be good or funny if the speakers don't even believe in the work they're in?

remember when I said I'd kill you last?

That's because he is a war machine(and with everything to back it up) with a sense of humor.and self awareness.
He don't even tries to be smug or sound smug at all, he simply says it as it is, a one liner joke.

He threw a knife in a man and told him to stick around. This is hilarious. As the man is killed by a giant knife and is stuck to the board.

Show me where Marvel as a similar, macabre quip, m8

Also, I am sure the people that like Marvel Movies, like Predator too. Everybody likes Predator.

a true predator

Arnold can quip as much as he wants because he kicks ass. All Marvel quippers are written like that but you know that they are pussies in real life.

What about when Black Widow says,
>I don't see how that's a party
or when Tony Stark says,
>Sometimes I just want to punch you in your perfect teeth

That's...not the same is it

yeah matrix yeah did

Because Arnie is an actual demi-god.

simple, arnie has tag lines, marvel have quipps, that's the differences.

>Skewer a man against a wall by throwing a knife at him
>"Stick around!"

UHHHH LLLUH AHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Best bantz: Clarence in Robocop, during the opening murder of Murphy "Give the man a hand!" If you understand why this quip works, you understand why Arnie quips (sometimes) work, and why Marvel quips don't.

The amount of quips from Arnie in Predator equals the amount of quips in the very first 2 minutes in Avengers.

ANOLD dropped a good line there.
Good to see he didn't let himself go.
Would of sucked to see him... fall from grace

>Stig ohrouhnd

this

you all faggots ITT don't know the diffrence

youtube.com/watch?v=V4VL8GGt7zw

If Marvel made Predator:

It'd be PG-13
Nobody would say pussy or faggot
The asian woman would be an asskicker thats "just as tough as the guys"
They would explain the origins of the Predator
There'd be an after credits scene where Arnold meets with the government about forming a new "squad" to take out aliens with a cameo from Sylvester Stallone

god I'm sick to my stomach just reading this

100% accurate

It makes you stick around

I lied

I already see it in my mind's eye.

i can't think of anything that could refute your post

explain the difference between a quip and a one-liner

there was no asian woman

That's disgusting.

Yep. That's pretty accurate

One of the worst opinions I've ever seen. I hope you're trolling.

DOOOOLULULULAAAAAAA

fine latina woman

who cares autist?

They are both just short little jokes used in the middle of the action, but one liners are always intentionally cheesy. Kinda like puns.

Imagine Jerry Seinfeld telling a joke on D-Day

That's how movie quips work

Here's a one liner that's good because its in character/in universe:
youtube.com/watch?v=cbT77fP8fl4

No difference, but Arnie's a worse actor than any Marvel actor, and his quips were more forced and less funny.

what happened to Sully?

you dare?

Quipping: being witty, like a standup comedian you regurgitate your personal comedic material and you act all smug about it, thinking that other around you are enjoying your smart remarks.

One liners: are just an answer or a commentary.

>Romanoff,are you and Banner trying to play hide the zucchini?

>"thats for my wife, fuck you and die"
wouldn't really call that a quip

youtube.com/watch?v=UTIjIC00VwI

Also here's a good example of one liners VS quips. Eddie Murphy is playing a CHARACTER in Beverly Hills Cop. He's not looking at the camera being a smug asshole.

Uh, that was my point. It's a good one liner, he's not quipping.

Arnie's quips don't annoy me or give me second-hand embarrassment

>superhero movies are just as serious as D-Day
Kill yourself

>>superhero movies are just as serious as D-Day

Literally every Super Hero movie is about the world ending so yeah it's even more serious - so them acting like quippy assholes really sucks the intensity out

they take themselves very serious

youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo
youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y

Capeshit sucks. Deal with it.

>Arnold kills a man with an axe

"Sorry I had to cut you down to size"

Who was really predatoring whom

Yeah Arnold has the charisma of a man who has fought for survival for years. Any of the liberal la-la land beings who act in marvel flicks don't have that build manliness.

Let's take a look at the movies Arnold did.
>The Terminator
>Commando
>Total Recall
>Predator
>True Lies
>Conan the Barbarian

Notice how all of these movies are different and actually have very unique stories despite falling into the action genre? Marvel (and generally all capeshit) follow the exact same formula every single god damn time. There's literally no questioning what is going to happen in the next scene, or how the story is going to turn out, or if we will have a dozen sequels. That is the main difference between Arnold movies and capeshit.

>There'd be an after credits scene where Arnold meets with the government about forming a new "squad" to take out aliens with a cameo from Sylvester Stallone

A Contra movie with prime Stallone and Arnold would have been mount olympus peak kino.

*channy

I hope your mom gets cancer.

Fun fact

He was so jacked that he had to drop muscle in order to wield the sword at Conan