Is it really that bad?

Is it really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was extremely painful

I love how everyone claims these movies were a grounded, realistic' approach to Batman when two of the three movies devolve very quickly into Batman and Robin-esque comic book schlock.

Not even remotely, it was just kind of dumb, heavy on the plotholes, and ruined Bane by having him be a henchman for a far less interesting villain. Scottish Darth Vader with inexplicable motivations was way more interesting than Talia "muh father" al Ghul.

Yes and no.
When I watched it in theaters, I remember liking it but saying that it wasn't as good as The Dark Knight. After that, every single time I've tried rewatching it, I get bored and stop. It's only good for one viewing.

Not bad, but not a good as it could've been. Definitely the weakest of the three.

At best, the only good it gave us is stuff like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck

You're a big guy.

4u

the only good that came out of it were the memes

>Batman movie
>Batman's screen time totals 15min

It's like Ironman 2
>20 min of Ironman
>2 hours of Tony Stark

>Only good scene was the CIA scene
>Bruce Wayne was only Batman for roughly a year of in continuity time and then pussied out even though the one man he wanted to take over from him as a legal face of crime prevention in Gotham was dead
>Selina Kyle is not called Catwoman
>No Batmobile
>Batman has very little screen time
>Stupid arguments over whether Bruce is actually dead. Not even Batman can survive a nuke
>ROBIN BLAKE. ROBIN BLAKE.
>Bane is shorter than Batman and reduced to a lovesick puppy character who gets killed off like a bitch
>Stupid Talia overacted death

I really wish I'd walked out after CIA

>I really wish I'd walked out after CIA
Why would you walk out of a theater before finishing the scene with a plane :^)

The only good one was Begins anyway. It perfectly captured the look and feel of Gotham and Bruce had a decent backstory.
TDK is overrated because >muh Ledger died and generated false hype and by TDKR Nolan literally didn't care anymore

The whole scene is CIA

Even if Ledger hadn't died the viral marketing campaign still would've got them tons of money.
The viral marketing was better than Ledger's acting, by far.

>A big bomb is going to go off, so Batman takes it and "runs off" with it

Now where have i seen that before?

To me it was the most comicbooky of Nolan's films if that makes any sense? Like there were many plot holes but it was the 'fun' one out of the three.

Here's how you fix it:

>Remove Talia
>Batman never retired, he's just seen as an outlaw now instead of a hero
>Bane is just some fanatic who was training at the same time as Bats, extremist who is ideologically opposed
>Bane's plot is just to let the city tear itself apart, the bomb is a dud or maybe instead of a nuke he just set up explosives in 7 or 8 buildings
>Actual resistance by ordinary citizens as well as cops, like a Batfamily/Outsiders thing, Catwoman joins them late in the movie
>CIA scene is actually just about sneaking Bane into Gotham, fix that stupid dialogue and the blood thing
>Call him Dick Grayson/Tim Drake instead of Robin Blake
>Batman and Bane have ideological fistfight, both apparently die in explosion/waterfall a la Holmes and Moriarty
>Batman lives and continues to be active, training Grayson/Drake as Robin/Nightwing

There, it's watchable and if WB wants to whore out the series into the DCEU Nolanverse Bats would be the one fighting Supes. Probably a bad idea but whatever.

It certainly is, the whole final battle thing was ridiculous.

The airplane scene is all that matters

No, your perception has been ruined by memes.

It's honestly better than Begins, which is also still pretty good.