Transformers Thread

Re-remastered version of TF 87 is coming in September. All I have is the vhs version so this seems kind if worth. What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

comingsoon.net/dvd/news/693733-shout-brings-home-transformers-the-movie-30th-anniversary-edition
youtu.be/3L9wF3xnWug
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I recently saw a 1080p torrent of it and it looked amazing. There is just so much animated detail in this production that it will indeed benefit from a solid remastering

Region 1?

It' been out of print in R1 for fuckin' ever and I don't get why. What was the hold up after Sony's release?

Hmm. Anything extra that the 20th Anniversary edition doesn't have?

OP is a faggot who doesn't get how links work:

>comingsoon.net/dvd/news/693733-shout-brings-home-transformers-the-movie-30th-anniversary-edition

>The multi-year alliance provides Shout! Factory with exclusive home entertainment packaged media (Blu-ray and DVD) and select digital rights to Hasbro’s Transformers – The Movie for home entertainment releases in North America. In honor of the 30th anniversary of Transformers – The Movie, the beloved animated feature will be newly remastered and transferred in HD from the original 35mm elements. A full-range of bonus content and collectible packaging are currently in development. Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of Transformers – The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition on September 13, 2016.

>It' been out of print in R1 for fuckin' ever and I don't get why. What was the hold up after Sony's release?

From what I read, Paramount bought the rights to the film from Sony Wonder and then purposely kept it OOP so that the movie wouldn't "confuse" with their live-action Transformers movies.

Basically, it was to keep competition off the shelves. Hasbro didn't care because whether people bought the cartoon movie or the live-action movie, they still got a cut.

Hey, what are you doing there Shockwave? Go on, shoo! You aren't in this movie!

>Hey, what are you doing there Shockwave? Go on, shoo! You aren't in this movie!

What the fuck are you talking about, Boco?

Shockwave has several scenes in the movie. And lines, too.

THIS is why everyone tells you to shut the fuck up all the time.

That's SOUNDwave, silly.

Shockwave only has one scene that was deleted.

I long suspected that you were positively crippled with autism. Thanks for confirming.

youtu.be/3L9wF3xnWug

He even has the first live of all the Decepticons in the movie.

I could have sworn Shockwave was in the movie for a few brief scenes.

Huh, for some reason I remembered Soundwave saying that line...

Well, he never does anything else. I think.

>That's SOUNDwave, silly.Shockwave only has one scene that was deleted.

Dude, Shockwave has, like, 2 scenes in the movie. And he has lines in both of them!

>"Laserbeak returns, Megatron."
>"Decepticons! Scramble!"

Boco, listen. Please.

It's okay to be wrong about something you haven't seen in ten or more years. Just don't act like a fuckin expert on it.

>Well, he never does anything else. I think.

He appears at the end of the movie when Unicron attacks Cybertron and rallies the Decepticons to scramble. Again, he has a line.

Christ Boco, just shut the fuck up already.

Bleh, I need to watch it again.

Nevermind.

You make a convincing argument for why we need to cure autism, Boco.

I imagine so, yes.

Remastered, how the fuck exactly? The previous Bluray already had an absolutely kickass, ultra-detailed transfer.

I can only imagine two improvements:
- 4:3 originals, since the 16:9 on the bluray was open matte (eg. they just covered the top and bottom, making those parts of the movie lost!)
- optional alternate intro/outro from the british release, with the star-wars type story at the start and the "Optimus will return" soundover at the end

And maybe do a 5.1 audio track. But I'm not sure if that's even possible.

I have a nagging feeling that this remastered version will just be the old transfer, DNR'ed to a smudge, like Sword and Stone was.

Shout Factory's whole schtick is good quality releases of niche stuff, Sword in the Stone got fucked on Blu-Ray because Disney didn't care enough to bother giving it a proper restoration and just threw it through a random DNR processing.

What previous bluray version?

Their Transformers Animated DVD set was half-assed, missing special features that even the shitty Paramount sets had (the short cartoons).

They got the aspect ratio right, but that was it.

>What previous bluray version?

Way to expose yourself as the fat, stupid Murrican you are.

>Re-remastered version of TF 87
They're gonna be CGI, aren't they?
Not the backgrounds or anything, I mean the bots themselves.

What else is there to remaster? The previous anniversary addition already fixed a lot of the coloring issues. Beyond the few remaining animation hiccups (like Hotrod's clipping into the background inside Unicron), there doesn't seem like much to enhance further.

I don't think you know what remastered means.

It means they take the original MASTER film and transfer to whatever the new medium is directly.

This is a discussion for the AMERICAN bluray release. All you filthy 3rd world country faggots can fuck off with your bootlegs. America is the only country that matters.

Hot Rod, what are you doing?

was there a version of the movie where at the end the announcer comes on and says something like "but the greatest autobot of all time, optimus prime, WILL RETURN"

transformers 87 is the perfect 80's movie btw. it's got everything.

Yeah, the British version.

>transformers 87

It's 1986.