What does the Power Ranking for Superman and his expys look like...

What does the Power Ranking for Superman and his expys look like? Could any of Marvel's answers to the last son of Krypton or Mars beat him?

I get Hyperion is a direct parody or whatever but do his feats put him anywhere in Supes' class?

Bump for intrigue

He ruined the lives of all the atlantians and killed their king that one time

I think Hyperion may have a good chance, but I'm not sure. Sentry could take Superman for sure.

Whose the weakest Superman? Thor? Carol? Beast's buttbuddy? It makes sense to start from the bottom and work our way up

Superman is exactly as powerful as the writer needs him to be to win, because 9.99/10 Superman saves the day.

For the various Marvel equivalents it's a crapshoot because the power levels on cosmic characters and gods basically have no ceiling.

Thor isn't a Superman expy though, his concept predates Superman.
And Thor can beat Superman regardless.

allegedly

The sentry can beat superman. The others are probably a bit weaker.

I really don't know how high up is General Regent Freddy Murdery in the power level.
It seems making him bleed is "easy" but maybe that's because he's always fought by people who could be too pretty high in the scale.

Apollo

dionysus

Magic bro, Supes can't take it

Plutonian is by far the most powerful Superman expy, but inversely the one that is most guaranteed to get fucking annihilated in a fight with Superman.

Sentry is second-place, but again because of how comic book narratives (and his own) work he'd never beat Supes in any permanent, lasting sense.

Hyperion is probably the closest to "literally Superman" out of them all.

Marvel really, really wants us to care about Blue Marvel but he's a fucking nothing that no one likes and lacks the power AND the charm of Superman. It's hard to even call him a Superman ripoff though, he's more like a weird fusion of superhero, pulp action hero and scientist-adventurer type all rolled into one and failing at all three.

Considering 3 guys weaker than him managed to literally plow through and shatter a planet, he's pretty high up there.

Honestly, Captain Marvel expies are more interesting than Superman expies.

Most characters can defeat Superman if writers stopped wanking off to him.

>Silver Age Superman
-
>Everyone else.

J'onn could be a good hero if writers stopped making him job. We don't live in a world of ifs user.

He already did.

Attacking heroes doesn't make one a superhero in DC, this isn't Marvel.

Did they ever go over how this happened?
he means stop jobbing

Which captain marvel are we talking about here?

The real one

The one pic related was based off

I think the better question is where does Ms. Marvel (Carol) fit in this? Could she go toe to toe with Supes? Is she closer to Marvel's Wonder Woman than She-Hulk?

Well not taking Silver Age into account:

>Sentry (now more than ever cause he's Celestial-powered on top of his reality warping)
>Plutonian (from what I know he's pretty much like Sentry, perhaps slightly weaker)
>Full-confidence Kallark
>probably Blue Marvel or Hyperion
>everyone else

I can't really place Billy there, cause he's just magic - but I think slightly below both Bob and Plutonian.

>Could any of Marvel's answers to the last son of Krypton
No, but that's not to say that don't have a similar level of strength. Superman isn't allowed to lose during crossovers. The omnipowerful beings that rule over the events of the marvel universe have no power outside of places withing the marvel multiverse. However the high beings of the DCU can to a lesser degree, some of their influence will follow characters that travel out of the DCU, especially Superman, as he is less a person who lives there and more and actual living part of the DCU.

Have you read the authority? Apollo can get pretty ridiculous.

Sentry no way in hell.

The void? Sure.

Carol is no where that powerful without going into Binary state. She-Hulk is a legit 100 ton class though.

Wasn't Thor made to be Marvel's Superman back in the 60's?

Something along the lines of "Their top guy is like a god, we might as well make a god?"

Jenkins' Sentry is well above Superman in every aspect
Bendis Sentry would probably start losing, snap and dismember the continent he's on
Remender's Sentry wins hands down.

I actually kind of like Blue Marvel as the Marvel Comics Superman expy. Especially over Hyperion and Sentry who come off more as parodies that mutated into something a little more.

Blue Marvel at least seems to fit into the narrative as a superpowered guy that has normal-ish problems.

Is it me or does Blue Marvel seem like he's been "nerfed" a bit lately. I guess he just hasn't had the chance to flex it, but he seems to slowly be taking Reed's old nerdy hero role instead of a motherfucker that can go toe to toe with dudes like Sentry and Hyperion. Which he has.

But he IS a Superman expy

>implying there's a difference

King Hyperion is Superboy Prime level

Prime wins. Look at those muskles. Supes can't handle all that BEEF!!

Sentry's a reality warper who makes himself as strong/JUST a little bit stronger than whoever he's fighting at the time. So him probably. Supes has problems with warpers.

Exactly. One is the other's, as Roy Thomas drove home.

Depends. She KO'd a bloodlusted Sentry once (albeit from behind).
People forget that her basic power is energy absorption, that she reconstitutes as super strength/flight/invulnerability. Hypothetically she can match him if she absorbs a large enough amount.

She had a thermonuclear warhead absorbed to do that. Even Binary has been shown to be below Sentry (in the fight against the Collective).

Also, absorbed energy eventually runs out. Supes can go on and on, so anybody that could potentially defeat him must be powered internally.

Like said before, Plutonian and Sentry roflstomp Superman.

If they fought in space, couldn't she just absorb all the energy in the sun and punch superman to death

She'd have to be close. Superman would absorb it too, in a different way, maybe not as fast. But hey, if we're talking fight to the death, Carol is dead in seconds.

This user gets it. Thor>Superman.

I've heard this before but can't find the direct evidence, but yes, Thor was made to be the strongest hero at the time, and a direct response to Superman.

Before Bendis got a hold of him, Sentry really was a more powerful parody of superman. Like that was the point.

While it is hard to take the writers comments so serious, since cannon and common sense can override their comments, the original writer of the Blue Marvel mini (which was actually good) said Blue Marvel was stronger than Superman weaker than Thor.

This was at a comiccon. You can just type that stuff into search.

Bendis sentry has molecule man level powers, even without going void. Superman has no way of winning that fight.

Remenders Sentry had probably the weakest showing though. In seige Thor gave sentry a huge hit and only knocked him backwards. In Uncanny Avengers Thor gave Sentry a hit that wasn't even a charged up Thor and smashed his skull to bits (Sentry just reformed). I think you've got it backwards. Sentry is still above superman though.

>Marvel really, really wants us to care about Blue Marvel but he's a fucking nothing that no one likes and lacks the power AND the charm of Superman. It's hard to even call him a Superman ripoff though, he's more like a weird fusion of superhero, pulp action hero and scientist-adventurer type all rolled into one and failing at all three.

Blue Marvel is the best wholly original character that Marvel has come up with in the last decade and I will keep buying every book that Ewing writes about him.

King Hyperion got beat down and arrested by Blue Marvel and killed by the Giant Sized Man-Thing.

Too bad it's all green slime somewhat shaped to look like muscle.

No, see reborn Sentry simply realized that he's immortal, so he stopped caring about trifles like durability. Also pic related is Starlin's Thanos level, and done without tech. Not to mention the thing with stopping the Celestial (with Rogue who absorbed half of Earth's heroes powers) and sensing that Exitar's soul entered White Hot Room.

I thought this was Kraven in the thumbnail

Eh, fair enough. I guess I interpreted it differently as far as the "done with durability." But that also makes sense, perhaps explains why he tore his face open for the eye laser attack.

Deflecting Mjolnir doesn't surprise me that much given Sentry already had molecular control. It was a great brutal fight, I was just a bit disapointed about the "Thor being disoriented at being pushed multiple times the speed of light." I think that's extremely doubtful even if the speedblitz itself wasn't.

Sure it was done to exemplify the danger - and probably Remender still wanted us to focus on Apoc brats. He sees Thor as the HEAVIEST hitter in Marvel, so this fight would take two issues probably. Sentry still seemed much more menacing until Exitar showed up.

uh..how?

Good point.

>I get Hyperion is a direct parody or whatever but do his feats put him anywhere in Supes' class?

I doubt it. I mean, he tried to hold two worlds apart to prevent them from destroying each other and failed. Superman on the otherhand managed to save the omniverse by super vibrations.

I didn't like how Blue Marvel basically had the same power set and powersource as Mar Vell. Might as well make another nega band wearer and place him on the Supreman power tier.

Isn't he another cube being like Molecule Man?

Nobody knows, the only thing that repeats through all the origin stories is the amplified super-soldier serum. Even as Apocalypse he remembers being turned "soldier supreme". Probably some cosmic anomaly. In Age of Sentry universe his essence, which later will merge with the serum, was created by some Proemial God/Ascended Celestial that turned a whole universe into a chaotic nightmare of everything dying and being reborn - thus exploding stars.

In terms of general utility Marvel's power levels are much lower. Keep in mind even the vastly depowered Post-Crisis and Nu52 Clarks were still regularly punching in a weight class that Marvel usually saves for special events. In a straight up slugfest between Superman and any of the strongest Marvel heroes(whether Superman-set like Hyperion or just being really strong like the Hulk) it would be like Muhammad Ali fighting a small paraplegic child.

But then Marvel heroes often have a varied array of more broken secondary powers, and distributed much more liberally. I remember one time simply on the point count of "reality warping" Marvel had like twice or three times the numbers of characters with that ability than DC did.

DC is all about bricks and superfast people, they have way more speed than Marvel by a huge amount.

Marvel has loads more psychics, reality warpers, and cosmic powered people who are essentially energy or light reality warpers.

I can sorta see that reasoning, but I sorta disagree with your statement about superman.

Thor Hulk Hercules and Blue Marvel would beat superman in a slug fest though (so I'm saying Superman doesn't toss people into the sun, and in exchange Thor doesn't teleport superman to an area powered by a red sun). Superman, based purely from New 52, has actually struggled with strength feats that would put him ahead of the characters I just mentioned (except Hercules, who is mainly included because he's consistently shown to be at least as strong as Thor). Though, to be clear, I'd say Thor and Hulk get the win over superman even taking into account pre new 52 strength feats, and also, I must recognize the incredible level of superman's power. I'm saying they'd win more frequently over repeated fights. like approaching a 60% rate.

Doesn't he at one point almost suffocate in space or something? Apollo is tough, but he seems to be bound by human vulnerabilities way more than Superman.

Apollo is Superman-tier but the problem is that his Supes juice runs out really fast.

It's like when Green Lanterns needed to recharge their power rings more frequently. But with solar power.

He's like the solar-powered pocket calculator to Superman's absurdly expensive Texas Instruments graphing calculator.

How strong is marvel/miracle man? I read the series a while and that destruction of Paris fight shows they are strong, but is he Supermman tier? Wasn't he supposed to have been formally added to Marvel Continuity? I thought that was going to happen with that Joe Quesada issue.

the current hyperion from Hickman's run held two planets apart and survived in the void after they were destroyed. superman better run.

He regularly deals with Mr. Mxyzptlk and he can't even punch the guy.

>Superman's absurdly expensive Texas Instruments graphing calculator.
Those expensive graphing calculators require AA batteries though.

>sentry beating superman?
Its like you don't read comics user.

this, people tend to forget that Supers is also a pretty smart dude, not world computer smart, but he regularly has to use his wits to beat world computer smart beings and reality warpers

But u wrong doe

Blue Marvel is fucking rad.